Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I think what he is confusing is CA is not possible currently on 2 sub 1GHz carriers. You can aggregate low band with a mid or high band carrier, but not two low band carriers together.

Robert

Do you think Sprint will ever think about b26 CA with b25? It won't hurt them as b26 already not fast. All I see is positives since b25 and b26 speeds would increase.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do you think Sprint will ever think about b26 CA with b25? It won't hurt them as b26 already not fast. All I see is positives since b25 and b26 speeds would increase.

Yes.  Yes, I do.  Because...they are already considering it.   ;)

• Like 1

Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

T-Mobile has a 4x4 MIMO deployed on their 700 MHz LTE on many sites across my market (dual antennas and RRUs). Additionally, high order MIMO lowband antennas are becoming more and more compact. CCI builds a really nice 8x8 midband and 4x4 lowband antenna that is only about 6 x 2 x 0.5 ft.

http://www.cciproducts.com/www2/index.php/products/antennas/single-sector-multi-port-antennas/item/713

It's not the macro cells that's the issue. It's the UE equipment. You'd need a large tablet size device to think about lowband higher order mimo. 

The limitation has always been the UE. 

Not sure.  

I would love to see 26 (PCC) + 25 (SCC) CA for areas where the B25 uplink fails although the downlink is still functional.  I don't think Sprint should implement 25 + 26 CA, though, because if a user is in range of B25, I don't think they should be adding to the load on B26.  

Sadly only 25+26 CA has been standardized to date.

Not sure.

I would love to see 26 (PCC) + 25 (SCC) CA for areas where the B25 uplink fails although the downlink is still functional. I don't think Sprint should implement 25 + 26 CA, though, because if a user is in range of B25, I don't think they should be adding to the load on B26.

Sadly only 25+26 CA has been standardized to date.

I would agree but b25 can be just as slow as b26. If it was done that way b26 would be more reliable than b25. Having it go both ways is tthe best route. Speeds will either go up or stay the same because it's already congested in a lot of areas.

I would agree but b25 can be just as slow as b26. If it was done that way b26 would be more reliable than b25. Having it go both ways is tthe best route. Speeds will either go up or stay the same because it's already congested in as lot of areas.

Ben 25 is usually very congested anyways so I don't really see too much in terms of a benefit with it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ben 25 is usually very congested anyways so I don't really see too much in terms of a benefit with it

Simple CA is better than no CA. You can have 2 overloaded bands or 1 merged band with the range of b26 but the capacity of both. It would probably help in a lot of areas. Especially since more and more towers are getting 10x10 or better b25.

Simple CA is better than no CA. You can have 2 overloaded bands or 1 merged band with the range of b26 but the capacity of both. It would probably help in a lot of areas. Especially since more and more towers are getting 10x10 or better b25.

I see what your saying now..so you have their coverage and capacity both melded into a larger carrier...and also what happens if you move out of range of band 25...won't the capacity be diminished...

I see what your saying now..so you have their coverage and capacity both melded into a larger carrier...and also what happens if you move out of range of band 25...won't the capacity be diminished...

It will. Then b26 takes it from there alone like it does now. Speeds would slow down but overrall the experience would likely be significantly better in the long run.

It will. Then b26 takes it from there alone like it does now. Speeds would slow down but overrall the experience would likely be significantly better in the long run.

So that adds to the consistency and the reliability of the service and coverage. I see what you're saying now so the end-user experience is much better. Now I agree with what you guys are saying.

• Like 1

So that adds to the consistency and the reliability of the service and coverage. I see what you're saying now so the end-user experience is much better. Now I agree with what you guys are saying.

Exactly. I don't see why they didn't so this a while ago. It works for the other carriers.

Exactly. I don't see why they didn't so this a while ago. It works for the other carriers.

It would definitely give Sprint a much better image when it comes to their LTE network and that experience it would give customers. They still need to do a lot of densification. But if they can actually implement this throughout their whole network I see their experience becoming much better in its entirety. They can then draw more customers and boost Revenue that would help them give them the capital needed to densify their entire network. I just wanted to see Sprint succeed.

• Like 1

It would definitely give Sprint a much better image when it comes to their LTE network and that experience it would give customers. They still need to do a lot of densification. But if they can actually implement this throughout their whole network I see their experience becoming much better in its entirety. They can then draw more customers and boost Revenue that would help them give them the capital needed to densify their entire network. I just wanted to see Sprint succeed.

We all do. Now that we see T-Mobile creeping up the prices it's clear that while we would get a better network if a merger happened, competition would be very stale and prices would be much higher.

We all do. Now that we see T-Mobile creeping up the prices it's clear that while we would get a better network if a merger happened, competition would be very stale and prices would be much higher.

I definitely would like at least even some coverage expansion to that would boost Sprint's viability as at Nationwide carrier. But it's sprint can do go on its own. Then Sprint would stand a much better chance. But I don't know what will happen it's interesting to watch.

• Like 1

Though CA isn't possible on b26, or anything below 1ghz really.

How so? CA is on ever other Band accept 26.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How so? CA is on ever other Band accept 26.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did confuse it with CA to lower bands together.  

Edited by deankelem

River city marketplace is now 10x10. Speeds aren't great but this is a high data traffic area and data is now usuable. Better than the sub 3G speeds I used to receive.

Sprint is going crazy with the 10x10 clusters in North Florida! Good to see speeds actually improving. I wonder how long til 15x15?

• Like 1

Sprint is going crazy with the 10x10 clusters in North Florida! Good to see speeds actually improving. I wonder how long til 15x15?

I guess it's cheaper and faster than adding Band 41.

• Like 1

I guess it's cheaper and faster than adding Band 41.

Been saying that for the longest. If most towers had 15x15 in Jax market they could take their time with band 41 and give it to markets that can't get 15x15 b25.

• Like 2

Been saying that for the longest. If most towers had 15x15 in Jax market they could take their time with band 41 and give it to markets that can't get 15x15 b25.

Band 41 is plentiful around town except the Northside of Jacksonville. Everything else is covered pretty good with Clearwire and 8t8r gear. Don't get me wrong the Northside has Band 41 just not as widespread as other side of town.

Band 41 is plentiful around town except the Northside of Jacksonville. Everything else is covered pretty good with Clearwire and 8t8r gear. Don't get me wrong the Northside has Band 41 just not as widespread as other side of town.

How is the normal speeds in Jax? Haven't been there in 8 months. Last time I was there I was not impressed.

How is the normal speeds in Jax? Haven't been there in 8 months. Last time I was there I was not impressed.

It's starting to get better with the recent Band 41 adds and 10x10 upgrades.

• Like 1

Sprint's new 10x10 network is actually a lot better than before. Data portion is more often useful than useless. I'd say this upgrade is a welcomed one but one that was overdue. That said, they should aim for 15x15 asap. B26 should be placed on the back burner only and let B25 handle most data.

• Like 2