Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

That's exactly why they are using Mini-Macros to push B41 coverage. Much, much cheaper than a full 8T8R upgrade.

Sent from my LG G5

I often criticized Sprint for using mini macros and not going full steam with 8t8r. My perception has changed. I guess Sprint has to do what they can to get subscribers and upgrade the network at the same time.

Eventually. With the current capex it is taking a really long time though. Network vision was done faster than b41 upgrades and that was way more work and money. The problem is Sprint is still paying for Network vision 1.0 so they didn't fund 2.0 as fast as they should have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wish Sprint would have actually let Vzw buy B41. I think it would have been cheaper for Sprint to build out Capacity if they would have bought the B4 vzw uses instead

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New 8t8r sighting at the River City Marketplace near the airport. I don't know when the equipment was installed but it's online. It's one of the areas I frequent that had terrible speeds. Hopefully this band 41 addition helps.

New 8t8r sighting at the River City Marketplace near the airport. I don't know when the equipment was installed but it's online. It's one of the areas I frequent that had terrible speeds. Hopefully this band 41 addition helps.

Speed test?

• 2 weeks later...

After riding around town. There's more band 41 site than I initially thought. Seems like Sprint came back around and added Band 41 to a lot of sites.

Any chance that includes Orlando suburbs?

You should have at least a 10x10 by now on b25 don't you?

I can't check right now, but here's a picture of Band 41 from Sprint:446c23df31a38454d209f925a82b4df6.jpg

The light yellow uncannily conforms to my city's boundaries.

Just left Florida man band 41 is need. Even 10x10 band 25 not great.

Yeah it's not that great here but it's only because the biggest cities have it and even then places like Tallahassee still don't have but a few. Florida is a big state to cover though. LTE coverage on a hole is good just needs capacity which they are doing and faster than usual too.

• 2 weeks later...

Sprint network is crumbling over here. So many people out preparing with minimal capacity. Smh

Doesn't Sprint realize they have to keep up with network demand?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I mean they claim there prepared but I don't see it.

I definitely agree with you. Consistency even where I live is not too good. But I'm surprised with South Florida though. Especially the Jacksonville Market it seems so good at first.

I definitely agree with you. Consistency even where I live is not too good. But I'm surprised with South Florida though. Especially the Jacksonville Market it seems so good at first.

Hopefully they have COWS ready to be deployed statewide but they didn't have much time to prepare even though they say they are. Probably marketing fluff but we will see.

Hopefully they have COWS ready to be deployed statewide but they didn't have much time to prepare even though they say they are. Probably marketing fluff.

To me it sounds like fluffin Bluff

Hopefully they have COWS ready to be deployed statewide but they didn't have much time to prepare even though they say they are. Probably marketing fluff but we will see.

I'm just curious to see if they will actually improve. Speeds definitely need to have a lot of improvement down there.

I'm just curious to see if they will actually improve. Speeds definitely need to have a lot of improvement down there.

I have backup networks if Sprint can handle it. I don't know who is going to hold up the best but it will be interesting. I am really prepared. 12 cases of bottled water, 8 jugs, lost count of canned goods, 2 cases of Gatorade, two 30,000 mah battery chargers, flash lights etc.

• Like 1

I have backup networks if Sprint can handle it. I don't know who is going to hold up the best but it will be interesting. I am really prepared. 12 cases of bottled water, 8 jugs, lost count of canned goods, 2 cases of Gatorade, two 30,000 mah battery chargers, flash lights etc.

I have AT&T also as a backup just in case Hurricane Jose hits where I live. I pray for everybody safety in Florida including my sister who lives in the Fort Myers area.

• Like 2

I started to evacuate but I looked at the traffic on the roads. There's too much traffic. Plus by the time the storm reaches the Jax area it'll be a Cat 1 storm. I think I can survive. I also have an AT&T backup line and an AT&T iPad.