Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

It was neglect until 10x10 showed up. But here Sprint is still by far the slowest. Also that same 10x10 site has 6 LTE antenna and 4 of the 6 are under 3mbps that sector was the only one pulling 50mbps. I would definitely say Sprint has neglected the area but is showing signs ofbm getting better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

whats with the lack of backhaul? why isnt it having the same investment as like new york market?

I'm coming to that area possibly within the next few months. How's the band 25 coverage down there?

Coverage isn't too bad. 10x10 is pretty widespread. There's still spots where you'll drop to 3G but LTE will reconnect after a minute or two.

Coverage isn't too bad. 10x10 is pretty widespread. There's still spots where you'll drop to 3G but LTE will reconnect after a minute or two.

I hope my phone supports the 10 x 10 carrier that Sprint is deploying down there

I hope my phone supports the 10 x 10 carrier that Sprint is deploying down there

All Sprint LTE devices do. Even the first LTE device on Sprint from years ago supports 10x10. It's part of Band 25. They'd even support 15x15 or 20x20 (if that was in use).

All Sprint LTE devices do. Even the first LTE device on Sprint from years supports 10x10. It's part of Band 25. They'd even support 15x15 or 20x20 (if that was in use).

Okay good I'm glad. I can't wait to get down there.

I thought we were talking about Jacksonville

Nope lol. Jacksonville and Ocala are so far apart I don't know how we are considered Jax and not Orlando. Verizon considers us Orlando and I think At&t does too.

Nope lol. Jacksonville and Ocala are so far apart I don't know how we are considered Jax and not Orlando. Verizon considers us Orlando and I think At&t does too.

how's the cdma voice coverage there..is there any smr voice being deployed there..

how's the cdma voice coverage there..is there any smr voice being deployed there..

We have 800 voice on 100% of all towers. Cdma is great. Sprint has some of best voice coverage around.

We have 800 voice on 100% of all towers. Cdma is great. Sprint has some of best voice coverage around.

That's great because up here where I live in the Northeast Sprint is still rolling out 800 voice. LTE is also still being worked on. But has improved Substantially. So there's only one band 41 carrier in the entire County?

That's great because up here where I live in the Northeast Sprint is still rolling out 800 voice. LTE is also still being worked on. But has improved Substantially. So there's only one band 41 carrier in the entire County?

That's sightly disingenuous... 800 voice is on most towers. You just happen to have a cluster of GMOs nearby. They're not "still rolling out" ... It's out, the GMOs are just a barrier for it on all sites.

Sent from my LG G5

Yes. That's confirmed too. Lucky for me I'm exactly 0.6 miles from that band 41 tower. It has 3XCA though.

Yes. That's confirmed too. Lucky for me I'm exactly 0.6 miles from that band 41 tower. It has 3XCA though.

Sprint is good where I live now I moved to a different part of town and I get full service with band 41. I can't wait to see what sprint has done elsewhere. So will the rest of the county ever get band 41.

Sprint is good where I live now I moved to a different part of town and I get full service with band 41. I can't wait to see what sprint has done elsewhere. So will the rest of the county ever get band 41.

Eventually. With the current capex it is taking a really long time though. Network vision was done faster than b41 upgrades and that was way more work and money. The problem is Sprint is still paying for Network vision 1.0 so they didn't fund 2.0 as fast as they should have.

Eventually. With the current capex it is taking a really long time though. Network vision was done faster than b41 upgrades and that was way more work and money. The problem is Sprint is still paying for Network vision 1.0 so they didn't fund 2.0 as fast as they should have.

well if Sprint can get a merger deal done with the proper partner...they can upgrade the rest of Ocala very quickly.

A full 8T8R upgrade cost the same as deploying something like 3 or 4 macro NV sites from scratch. In others, far more expensive. It may be less work, but it is way more money.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 1

A full 8T8R upgrade cost the same as deploying something like 3 or 4 macro NV sites from scratch. In others, far more expensive. It may be less work, but it is way more money.

Sent from my LG G5

Dang. That's expensive no wonder they are taking their time with the 8t8r builds and using mini macros.

Dang. That's expensive no wonder they are taking their time with the 8t8r builds and using mini macros.

That's exactly why they are using Mini-Macros to push B41 coverage. Much, much cheaper than a full 8T8R upgrade.

Sent from my LG G5