Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Are those the only towers with B41? University Ave is the only place I've seen B41 in Gainesville.

I can't say for sure but it's very likely. Sprint is targeting high volume sites from most congested down

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just got 83.52 down and 10.17 up in front of the UF football stadium on University ave. By far the fasted I've gotten since I noticed B41 was active there.

You can see the potential Sprint has. With this and 10x10 or 15x15 b25 they could be great. They are just so ridiculously slow with rolling it out.

• Like 1

Exactly. It's tempting not to switch to VZW next month when I pay my phone off. Just trying to hold on because I've had sprint since I was 17 lol. VZW is only tempting because of unlimited and I would then be able to get full service when I'm back home visiting in Live Oak. She doesn't have internet because of where she lives so no wifi for me there.

• Like 1

Exactly. It's tempting not to switch to VZW next month when I pay my phone off. Just trying to hold on because I've had sprint since I was 17 lol. VZW is only tempting because of unlimited and I would then be able to get full service when I'm back home visiting in Live Oak. She doesn't have internet because of where she lives so no wifi for me there.

With the price I'm paying. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.  I'm back on Sprint (well, I took advantage of the free year w/ a spare number.)  It looks like Sprint still has some speed issues (from initial observation downtown.)  And that B41 seems to be majorly Clearwire still.  Will keep a look out.  My max test downtown has been 7mbps. :P

• Like 1

Hey guys. I'm back on Sprint (well, I took advantage of the free year w/ a spare number.) It looks like Sprint still has some speed issues (from initial observation downtown.) And that B41 seems to be majorly Clearwire still. Will keep a look out. My max test downtown has been 7mbps. :P

Your observation is correct.

Hey guys. I'm back on Sprint (well, I took advantage of the free year w/ a spare number.) It looks like Sprint still has some speed issues (from initial observation downtown.) And that B41 seems to be majorly Clearwire still. Will keep a look out. My max test downtown has been 7mbps. :P

I mean this market is only 34% done with b41 so it's not going to be great. B25 has more potential at this point. 15x15 with 4x4 MIMO and 256 qam will make it 300 mbps limit. Easier to do too.

• Like 4

I mean this market is only 34% done with b41 so it's not going to be great. B25 has more potential at this point. 15x15 with 4x4 MIMO and 256 qam will make it 300 mbps limit. Easier to do too.

After 120 days (when I can use an upgrade on this plan), I'll probably pick up the G6 for that heavy discount.  We'll see if that sale is still available then lol.  Nexus 5x can pick up 10x10 B25, but I don't think it has 256 QAM capabilities.

After 120 days (when I can use an upgrade on this plan), I'll probably pick up the G6 for that heavy discount. We'll see if that sale is still available then lol. Nexus 5x can pick up 10x10 B25, but I don't think it has 256 QAM capabilities.

It does not. Only the HTC U11 and S8/S8+ have 4x4 MIMO and 256 qam on b25.

• Like 1

After 120 days (when I can use an upgrade on this plan), I'll probably pick up the G6 for that heavy discount. We'll see if that sale is still available then lol. Nexus 5x can pick up 10x10 B25, but I don't think it has 256 QAM capabilities.

The Nexus might be able to do 64 qam. The G6 for sure can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just spotted a possible Band 41 8t8r install. On i95 near Baptist Hospital Downtown. If your traveling northbound just after passing Baptist and Nemours. It's on the roof of the Great Expressions Dental building. I think the building also has the letters GHG on the top. It's always been a Sprint Band 25/26 site. It now has 3 new panels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Towers don't have to have 6 antenna for 4x2 do they?

Unless they run less than 4 carriers per port then a second antenna set for PCS is almost always needed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk