Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Since yesterday I have been experiencing dropped data/calls in different locations around town (home and work) and thought it was just my phone acting up. However, I confirmed with a few other friends around town that they have been experiencing the same issues. Is this the beginning of the NV upgrade in Jacksonville?

• Like 1

I doubt it my voice service was down near my home for a couple days and I had an outage according to sprint the problem is fixed now.

Btw I'm in Jacksonville too.

Edited by tybo31316

Network Vision is just about to begin in the Jacksonville market. Subcontractors are mobilizing. But I would be surprised if they are doing anything right now that could lead to service disruption.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

What is really weird is if I put my EVO in "CDMA/LTE" my data connection bounces from 1X to no data at all and I lose (EVDO) 3G altogether. However, if I put the Network Mode in "CDMA Only" 3G comes back and everything's normal. Until Monday, I have always had it in CDMA/LTE mode with no issues, why now???

What is possible is that eHRPD upgrades could be happening in the market now. Have you ever had a confirmed eHRPD connection before?

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

All is back to normal. Back on CDMA/LTE mode with solid 3G signal.

Do you get good 3G speeds in Jacksonville just about everywhere or does it suck pretty much everywhere just like the Majority of the Country

I average probably 0.40Mbps. It just depends on the location, some places I get over 1Mbps easy, others 0.03Mbps (mostly at like malls and movie theaters where the load on the towers is extremely heavy)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What side of town were you on when you connected to ehrpd? Do you leave your phone on LTE/CDMA mode? Also does it cause any significant battery drain if left on? I leave my phone on cdma mode only because I knew it would be a while before I saw any lte.

What side of town were you on when you connected to ehrpd? Do you leave your phone on LTE/CDMA mode? Also does it cause any significant battery drain if left on? I leave my phone on cdma mode only because I knew it would be a while before I saw any lte.

Leaving it on LTE/CDMA hasn't made any noticeable impact on battery life. I'm sure it uses a little bit more, but like I said, my phone activity varies so it's nearly impossible to know 100% the impact it has. I'm in zip code 32259 btw.

You'll only find eHRPD if you're on LTE/CDMA, otherwise you'll only find EvDo RevA.

Thanks man I always leave my phone on cdma only because of my old WiMAX phones searching all day but I know the new LTE phones are better at scanning and uses less battery. I'm still paranoid from the past. I need all the battery life I can get. I'll run my phone in LTE/cdma and see what I can find around town.

• Like 1

Thanks man I always leave my phone on cdma only because of my old WiMAX phones searching all day but I know the new LTE phones are better at scanning and uses less battery. I'm still paranoid from the past. I need all the battery life I can get. I'll run my phone in LTE/cdma and see what I can find around town.

Let me know what you find!

So to see that do you randomly happen to look at your connection screen while connected?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I turned on lte/cmda and went into settings > status and it states what mobile network you're connected to. My house has Ehrpd now, too. Jacksonville about to get busy!
  • Like 1

So does it stay like that until roll out? And you have seen any tower work in your area?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed fiber optics being installed at some Jax sites but I haven't seen any lte panels installed yet.

I've noticed on my EVO LTE my data connection doesn't go to 1x or no connection when in a low signal area when connected to eHRPD vs cdma only mode. The data problems were starting to get aggravating. So I guess I'll leave my phone on LTE/cdma for the time being.

I've noticed on my EVO LTE my data connection doesn't go to 1x or no connection when in a low signal area when connected to eHRPD vs cdma only mode. The data problems were starting to get aggravating. So I guess I'll leave my phone on LTE/cdma for the time being.

Its still the same exact signal as before unless of course the tower was changed over to NV.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge