Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

I snapped a photo driving home last night (yes, it was sunny in Seattle) and figured this maybe a 4G buildout tower. This has been the second tower I've seen with a crane working over a tower. I believe Seattle is in the second phase of Sprint's deployment.

I've attached a photo, how can I confirm? Go up and ask what they're working on? Look at their cell boxes?

Photo Link: http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/drlovety/SprintTower.jpg

Be interested to know this as well. I live up north in Everett so I'll be checking out the local towers in my area to see if there is anything similar going on up here as well.

We will have a schedule update article soon for the West Washington market. Stay tuned.

Robert

Looking foward to that update...

Hi Everyone,

I have been monitoring this site for a while for updates about Network Vision. Yesterday I started noticing that I had a stronger 3G signal from my appartment in south Seattle and ran some speed tests to confirm. Up until this week, I was getting an average of 400-800Kbps downloads. Sprint must have pushed some magic 3G button because when I ran the tests earlier today, I was getting upwards of 2 megs =)

-Joe

post-2371-0-57544500-1340593414_thumb.pngpost-2371-0-80712500-1340593427_thumb.png

Hi Everyone,

I have been monitoring this site for a while for updates about Network Vision. Yesterday I started noticing that I had a stronger 3G signal from my appartment in south Seattle and ran some speed tests to confirm. Up until this week, I was getting an average of 400-800Kbps downloads. Sprint must have pushed some magic 3G button because when I ran the tests earlier today, I was getting upwards of 2 megs =)

-Joe

2012-06-24_19-42-21.png2012-06-24_19-46-37.png

Upgrades that are being done as a part of network.sprint.com can have really fast speeds after completion if they have AAV backhaul. Congrats on the upgrades. Network Vision has not started in the Puget Sound area yet. We will have an update article soon with dates you can anticipate NV/LTE in the area.

Robert

Hi Everyone,

-Joe

2012-06-24_19-42-21.png2012-06-24_19-46-37.png

It might just be the EVO LTE because in my area I get speeds like that too but I'm the only one experiencing them. All of my friends with other phones still have terrible speeds while my pages are loading as if on WiFi. We've even run a speed test and my EVO gets higher speeds and lower latency.

It might just be the EVO LTE because in my area I get speeds like that too but I'm the only one experiencing them. All of my friends with other phones still have terrible speeds while my pages are loading as if on WiFi. We've even run a speed test and my EVO gets higher speeds and lower latency.

The speed of the phone helps a lot. Ive noticed that from going to the OG Epic to GSIII....but those speeds indicate a good backbone and minimal network saturation. Ive received 2.5mbp down and 1mbp up on a 3G tower in the country with a new backhaul and probably nobody connected to the tower.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Where in South Seattle? I work in South Park and I'm usually sitting at between 1 bar and nothing.

• 1 month later...

The speed of the phone helps a lot. Ive noticed that from going to the OG Epic to GSIII....but those speeds indicate a good backbone and minimal network saturation. Ive received 2.5mbp down and 1mbp up on a 3G tower in the country with a new backhaul and probably nobody connected to the tower.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

According to Qualcomm, the maker of the Snapdragon chipset, the phones processor is also integrated with the way it receives the network. So if you have a newer phone, chances are your phone will connect to a tower better than with an older phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrades that are being done as a part of network.sprint.com can have really fast speeds after completion if they have AAV backhaul. Congrats on the upgrades. Network Vision has not started in the Puget Sound area yet. We will have an update article soon with dates you can anticipate NV/LTE in the area.

Robert

Good news. Looking forward to that update.