PRL

Kevster1321

i have an EVO LTE and want to put on the prl for 800mhz has anyone tried it out and if so can you help me out. also i'm not rooted.

Unless you are in Chicagoland where a few 800Mhz 1x advanced towers are live, it is not worth anything to you

wasn't even aware the EVO LTE supported 800MHz LTE, i thought it would do 800MHz CDMA only....??

wasn't even aware the EVO LTE supported 800MHz LTE' date=' i thought it would do 800MHz CDMA only....??[/quote']

They are talking about CDMA 800. They just weren't clear. PRL's will not affect LTE service at all.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Does anyone know what the latest Sprint PRL is?

Andy

I updated late last week and got 60687

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4g Touch using Forum Runner

I have given up on the PRL because my phone has had alot of problems. i had to do a reset on my phone to get my text messages to work so i don't want to screw up the phone lol. But we can keep this thread for the latest prl updates.

I'm also on 25004. I'm in Conover, NC and Network Vision is not scheduled for here until October last I heard from Robert.

PRLs are irrelevant.

The only reason you should need to change PRLs is if you want to roam on Verizon 3G, which requires placing a Verizon PRL on your device.

Other than that, don't worry about PRL.

Except for when they add the new 800SMR SIDs. This will be one of the very few and rare times where a PRL upgrade actually changes Sprint native signal/coverage. They added Chicago a while back, but removed it due to issues in that area. I'm sure it will be back including some others pretty soon.

• Like 2

Why when I do a prl update, it says it was updated, but the version doesn't change? Does it really update it?

Yes and no. Yes, it updated and overwrote the old one, with the same one. No, in the fact that there is no net change.

Robert

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...