Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

Wrong thread?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Oops. Forgot I had the Charlotte and Knoxville threads together in my Chrome favorites. They are now safely separated by about 5 bookmarks. Disregard.  :blush:  :pinch:  :rolleyes:  :hide:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was for months getting 4g inside here in Knoxville but now everytime I pick up my phone it says 4g then if you use it goes back to 3g. Also I can see my lte tower and was never impressed by speeds even outside all I ever get is maybe 7mb down.

I believe they're in the process of turning on the 800Mhz frequency Band 26. The same thing was happening to me for about a week then it cleared up and suddenly band 26 is the norm around Maryville.

I believe they're in the process of turning on the 800Mhz frequency Band 26. The same thing was happening to me for about a week then it cleared up and suddenly band 26 is the norm around Maryville.

I was in Maryville every day last week but never connected to band 26

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What type of device are you using?  If you are using the phone in your profile, a SIII will not connect to b26. 

Yeah the GS3 won't connect. I believe it has to be a tri band phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that. I'm in the William Blount area right now and I'm on band 26. I've noticed a speed increase for sure when I'm connected to it. post-1477-14005358654_thumb.jpg

Yeah the GS3 won't connect. I believe it has to be a tri band phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that. I'm in the William Blount area right now and I'm on band 26. I've noticed a speed increase for sure when I'm connected to it. attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1400535867340.jpg

GS3 is single band and only has access to Band 25. So yes you are correct..

I was referring to 800 smr which has been launched in most cases either before or with band 26 LTE. That was all I was getting at. I figured if they went back through the trouble of turning on band 26 at a site it would also have 800 smr turned on also.......sorry for the confusion

I was in Nashville this weekend on vacation. I was not impressed at all with the LTE service. The 3G worked good, but for me to get LTE i kept on having to cycle airplane mode. Half the time i still could not get LTE even after cycling airplane mode. I was downtown on Boradway. Then when I left I was on the northeast side before I got on I-65 and I had no LTE at all even after cycling airplane mode. What is the deal?

I was in Nashville this weekend on vacation. I was not impressed at all with the LTE service. The 3G worked good, but for me to get LTE i kept on having to cycle airplane mode. Half the time i still could not get LTE even after cycling airplane mode. I was downtown on Boradway. Then when I left I was on the northeast side before I got on I-65 and I had no LTE at all even after cycling airplane mode. What is the deal?

Where on Broadway?  There are several towers towards the river that have not been upgraded at this point.  This is most likely due to restricted access by the owner of the property not allowing the work to be completed.  With 65, it depends on which direction you were traveling, time of day, etc....

Also, there is heavy use with all of the new developments around downtown.  I see some slow speeds during the middle of the day and I have a tower 300 yards away.

I wish I could say more.  If you want to know more, please look into becoming a premier sponsor.  You will have much more information at your disposal.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Was in Chattanooga twice, roughly a week apart, with the second time ending this morning.

Didn't see band 26 LTE anywhere, but HD voice was available, and LTE was solid except at the airport.

Also saw an Ericsson truck parked outside our hotel last night, so my guess is that they've got folks on the ground in CHA turning up B26, or maybe even B41.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I am from Columbus OH planning to come to Nashville in two weeks and I wanted to get a idea of how NV was there. 

Hello everyone. I am from Columbus OH planning to come to Nashville in two weeks and I wanted to get a idea of how NV was there. 

It is pretty good.  b26 and 41 are firing up.  b25 is heavily used in some areas so it can be slow.   Where will you be?

It is pretty good. b26 and 41 are firing up. b25 is heavily used in some areas so it can be slow. Where will you be?

Hey where are you seeing b41 activity? I know I saw some in Nashville a while back.

It is pretty good. b26 and 41 are firing up. b25 is heavily used in some areas so it can be slow. Where will you be?

I will be in the Antioch area.

Hey where are you seeing b41 activity? I know I saw some in Nashville a while back.

I know there is b41 activity in Nashville, I cannot say exactly where with the S4GRU rules on this forum.  Please look at the maps in the premier section.

B41 is present there.

Oh great!! Thanks. I won't see too much of a service difference than I have in Columbus Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally came to Nashville to visit a friend and I am highly impressed with the data speeds I am getting. At home I get about 30ish but what I get here in TN is mind blowing c4f71a92937a3a5eef2bf93cecd4c9d6.jpg

• Like 2