Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

I got some B26 action in front of my house which is down the street from the M Resort. It wasn't a speed demon, but it would do in a pinch. When i walked in my house, I switched back to B41.

I also had B26 for less than a minute in my office at work in old Henderson. Hopefully things keep progressing along all over the valley.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Was it really 101 degrees when you took the screenshot?

• Like 1

Yes, sir. Not too surprising for August, even the end of August. The forecast calls for a high of 105° today and we should have a few 100+ degree days in the beginning of September as well. But...it's a dry heat. :)

• Like 2

Hopefully all of Las Vegas will be flooded with B26 LTE before the end of 2017 especially on The Strip and McCarran Airport.

I would hope their whole network would be flooded with B26 by then.

I would hope their whole network would be flooded with B26 by then.

Nope ain't gonna happen.  San Bernardino county won't allow it since they are very inefficient.  They work slower than any organization in the world.  My guess is that So Cal won't get B26 LTE for another 1-2 years.

• Like 1

Nope ain't gonna happen. San Bernardino county won't allow it since they are very inefficient. They work slower than any organization in the world. My guess is that So Cal won't get B26 LTE for another 1-2 years.

You do realize their rebanding deadline is Jan '17 right

• Like 3

You do realize their rebanding deadline is Jan '17 right

I absolutely do know that it is the deadline but who the hell is going to hold them accountable? What happens if they don't meet their deadline?  The FCC in the past has shown leniency time and time again.

By the way, I used to think that was the deadline but if you see the agreement below it doesn't say anything that it has to be done by then.  Its just means that there is no incentive after Jan 2017 but it seems like SB county doesn't give a rip about incentives anyway.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/44210d/sprint_800mhz_question/?ref=readnext

Recommendation No. 1 will authorize Amendment No. 5 to revenue Agreement No. 08-1221 with reimbursement by Nextel to increase by $7,606,071, from $850,297 to $8,456,358, for costs related to the 800 MHz rebanding project and revise contract language to reflect a project change from system re-tuning to system upgrade and an incentive payment of up to $450,000 if all frequencies are cleared by certain target dates. The contract requires the County to represent that the cost and time to perform the upgrade will not exceed the cost and time to re-tune. The significant increase is a result of assessments and discussions between the parties in an effort to establish the total cost to reconfigure the airwave frequencies of the County’s radio system. AGREEMENTS FOR 800 MHZ RADIO REBANDING PROJECT WITH NEXTEL AND MOTOROLA SEPTEMBER 15, 2015 PAGE 3 OF 4 27 These costs are comprised of time and materials for reprogramming radios and re-tuning radio transmission equipment. In lieu of re-tuning the system, A&E will receive a lump sum total amount of $8,456,358, payable in two installments ($3,815,075 within 30 days after the execution of Amendment No. 5 and submission of supporting invoices, and $4,471,224 within 30 days after the reconciliation date) to reimburse the radio upgrade project fund for radio and system upgrades in lieu of rebanding efforts. A separate payment of up to $450,000 in incentives will be made by Nextel if all frequencies are cleared by certain target dates as follows: (a) for desert frequencies, Nextel will pay $200,000 if these frequencies are cleared by June 30, 2016; the incentive decreases to $150,000 if these frequencies are cleared by August 15, 2016, the incentive further decreases to $100,000 if these frequencies are cleared by October 15, 2016; and no incentive is payable if these frequencies are cleared after October 15, 2016; and ( B) for non-desert frequencies, $250,000 if these frequencies are cleared on the later of September 15, 2016 (if unblocked) or 3 months after notice to proceed is received from Nextel (if blocked); $200,000 if these frequencies are cleared on the later of November 15, 2016 (if unblocked) or 5 months after notice to proceed is received from Nextel (if blocked); $150,000 if these frequencies are cleared on the later of January 15, 2017 (if unblocked) or 5 months after notice to proceed is received from Nextel (if blocked); and no incentive is payable if these frequencies are cleared after January 15, 2017 (if unblocked) or 5 months after notice to proceed is received from Nextel (if blocked). Nextel has already paid $170,059 under the Agreement. Upon project completion, the parties will reconcile actual upgrade costs. In addition to the reimbursement, the following ISD vendors, Motorola, Day Wireless, and the County’s outside counsel, Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker will also receive payments under Amendment No. 5 directly from Nextel.

Yes, sir. Not too surprising for August, even the end of August. The forecast calls for a high of 105° today and we should have a few 100+ degree days in the beginning of September as well. But...it's a dry heat. :)

Substitute Las Vegas for Phoenix.

AJ

Hopefully all of Las Vegas will be flooded with B26 LTE before the end of 2017 especially on The Strip and McCarran Airport.

I'm sure youll see adequate band 26 by the end of this year actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok, so I just went through my SCP log from last Friday on my LG G Pad, and I picked up 5 different B26 signals, 2 of which are from the same tower, just 2 different sectors.

1st and last were on 160 just west of the 159 junction.

2nd was on Charleston Blvd on the edge of Summerlin.

3rd was in the parking lot of Downtown Summerlin about a block up from the Apple Store.

4th was near Ft Apache and Warm Springs.

Strongest rsrp from any of the 5 signals was -95. As of now, it's anyone's guess as to where these 4 towers are.

• Like 2

My rsrp here in Anthem ranges between -90 and -95 most of the time then quickly moves to band 25 or 41 depending on my movement relative to my home tower; seems like the b26 signal only presents itself to my Note 5 if all else fails;I had no idea what i was missing;b26 really plugs alot of indoor gaps for Sprint

• Like 4

My rsrp here in Anthem ranges between -90 and -95 most of the time then quickly moves to band 25 or 41 depending on my movement relative to my home tower; seems like the b26 signal only presents itself to my Note 5 if all else fails;I had no idea what i was missing;b26 really plugs alot of indoor gaps for Sprint

Sounds like it is working like it is supposed to. B26 was generally supposed to be the last resort for LTE coverage, but ended up getting used for capacity in many places because the original B25 carrier got overburdened quickly in many markets. Since Las Vegas already has a pretty dense B25 and B41 network, they can use B26 to fill the gaps a little better!

• Like 5

I had no idea what i was missing;b26 really plugs alot of indoor gaps for Sprint

B26 in other markets doesn't work that way. Phones tend to stick to B26 even though a weaker, yet faster B25 is available. B26 is extremely congested (sub 0.10 Mbps speeds) in many markets. Las Vegas is just lucky that whoever is in charge of the network actually knows what they're doing.

Well Mr Green..B26 is brand new here and is still rolling out ..Maybe once it's up and running our B26 speeds will be low as well..I think we are at least a year behind the mature Eastern B26 markets

• Like 2

Well Mr Green..B26 is brand new here and is still rolling out ..Maybe once it's up and running our B26 speeds will be low as well..I think we are at least a year behind the mature Eastern B26 markets

Something is wrong with his market. Nothing works. According to him. :ninja:

:hide:

• Like 1

B26 in other markets doesn't work that way. Phones tend to stick to B26 even though a weaker, yet faster B25 is available. B26 is extremely congested (sub 0.10 Mbps speeds) in many markets. Las Vegas is just lucky that whoever is in charge of the network actually knows what they're doing.

Hopefully someone there will figure things out soon. With 2 B25 bands and B41 (where available) I have noticed that I no longer stick to B26 all the time. In fact, even with a relatively weak signal (talking the -110dBm range) I get moved to B25 rather than idle on B26. It started becoming noticeable last fall, and is now pretty widespread. This is in both the Kansas and Missouri market. I noticed similar behavior in Colorado, but I wasn't paying as close attention seeing as I was on vacation ;)

• Like 2

Hopefully someone there will figure things out soon. With 2 B25 bands and B41 (where available) I have noticed that I no longer stick to B26 all the time. In fact, even with a relatively weak signal (talking the -110dBm range) I get moved to B25 rather than idle on B26. It started becoming noticeable last fall, and is now pretty widespread. This is in both the Kansas and Missouri market. I noticed similar behavior in Colorado, but I wasn't paying as close attention seeing as I was on vacation ;)

Did you at least get hammered while on vacay ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch!!! I guess Pahrump is not exactly the destination mecca that LV is..other carriers this bad?

Verizon Band 13 sucks. I've heard T-Mobile sucks in some areas and is better in others. I'm still on 3G! I hope LTE launches soon.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Verizon Band 13 sucks. I've heard T-Mobile sucks in some areas and is better in others. I'm still on 3G! I hope LTE launches soon.

That is pretty good EvDO though. At least the backhaul seems to be there. Hope they flip the switch soon.

• Like 2

Verizon has AWS in the area and has gotten better.

Verizon has AWS in the area and has gotten better.

In Vegas I'm sure they do, but I don't know that they turned on AWS in Pahrump. Pahrump is left out of many things because it's not a big money making area like Lost Wages (Las Vegas).

• Like 1