Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

I have not see any news about Las Vegas getting LTE or even when?

Las Vegas has not been announced in the first 2 rounds of Network Vision. Stay tuned for updates later this year.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

No LTE in Sin City. Instead, Vegas is getting El Tí y, the cheap Mexican knock off.

AJ

• Like 10

I have not see any news about Las Vegas getting LTE or even when?

Definitely not until mid to late 2013. Its most likely a 3rd round market which hasn't been announced yet.

There is no tried and true method to determine the order of LTE markets. But this is the closest thing to a pattern:

First up are Primary Sprint markets, regardless of whether they have WiMax. These are the most important because they have the most Sprint customers.

Second up are non WiMax secondary markets. It seems Sprint thought they should go to the larger markets where WiMax was never deployed next. And this makes a lot of sense.

Third are secondary markets that do have WiMax. These are places like Denver, Columbus, Rochester, Sacramento, and even Vegas. I guess Sprint figures these markets at least already have WiMax, so they should probably do places like San Diego, Memphis, Indianapolis...and maybe even Phoenix, Tucson and Milwaukee first. Because these customers have never had a 4G deployment at all.

Last is everything else left over.

And like I mentioned in the first line of this post, this is not always true. However, as someone who looks at this data a lot, this is the only thing even closely resembling a pattern in how Sprint determined where NV/LTE goes in order.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping Vegas would get a little bit of a priority bump because of the CES and CTIA Trade Shows that are here every year. Kinda sucks to announce a new LTE phone and not be able to demo it because the location of the show doesn't have LTE... But I know Sprint has other markets to take care of over Las Vegas where there's a trade show 2 weeks out of the year.

I was hoping Vegas would get a little bit of a priority bump because of the CES and CTIA Trade Shows that are here every year. Kinda sucks to announce a new LTE phone and not be able to demo it because the location of the show doesn't have LTE... But I know Sprint has other markets to take care of over Las Vegas where there's a trade show 2 weeks out of the year.

Vegas should have been ahead of some markets that are getting NV this year, but Sprint might have other ideas as to what constitutes a major market.

sprint will deploy LTE in vegas before 2013... CES.... CES..... CES.....

Quiet you LTE Nazi, lol. You know Vegas hadn't been announced, and I don't see them going out of their way for CES.

Mark my words

I agree with Nazi Dan. Sprint will have at least limited LTE (or El Tí y) in Vegas specifically for CES next January.

AJ

• Like 2

I agree with Nazi Dan. Sprint will have at least limited LTE (or El Tí y) in Vegas specifically for CES next January.

AJ

I hope you're both right. I work at UNLV (right next to the strip and convention center), which means I'd get some LTE goodness for my Galaxy Nexus at least when I'm working even if the whole Vegas valley isn't lit up with LTE.

Yeah I've discussed this with Robert a little bit. I think it would be absolutely insane for them to not have any LTE coverage by the time CES rolls around. I mean even if it's just around the convention center and throughout The Strip. While that would be kinda crappy for subscribers that live here at least it would avoid some negative PR from bloggers and tech writers.

Yeah I've discussed this with Robert a little bit. I think it would be absolutely insane for them to not have any LTE coverage by the time CES rolls around. I mean even if it's just around the convention center and throughout The Strip. While that would be kinda crappy for subscribers that live here at least it would avoid some negative PR from bloggers and tech writers.

I sure hope Sprint does it. However, I have not seen anything in all the schedules I've ever looked at that I can deduct that Las Vegas deployment will be underway before CES. But possibly they will get into the market ahead of CES and start deployment there. They should do something.

Robert

Totally agree with everyone here. It would be great if Sprint was able to complete a few NV sites in Vegas along the strip for CES as an exception just to remind everyone in the tech industry that Sprint is dedicated to the Network Vision project in deploying LTE nationwide. I think it would be a great test to see how their Network Vision tower capacity will hold up at such a huge conference just like how Tmobile was deploying 1900 MHz HSPA+ for the Apple WWDC to see how that will hold up.

• 5 months later...

I was just in Vegas, Sprint's service there was unbelievably bad!

It will change for the better and in a big way. I happen to live in an area that has been upgraded to Network Vision with 4G LTE.

The results are amazing. Much Much better than I ever expected. It is worth waiting for. It just is too big of a project to complete real fast.

If you aren't using WiMax in Vegas, life sucks. At least until LTE arrives in 2013.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Totally agree with you there, Robert.

PS. Shouldn't we change this thread to read: "Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market" since 2013 is right around the corner, and they should start deploying Network Vision there?

Edited by MacinJosh