Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site. Any idea when Bakersfield, CA is getting LTE?

I know that we have 1 WIMAX tower only with very limited coverage active

Thanks,

Armando

Bakersfield is part of the Lower Central Valley market. Hopefully it will be part of the 3rd round in the first half of 2013 instead of mid to late 2013, seeing as how I spend over half the year in Visalia. Eric, don't try to torture me like that.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

• 5 months later...

I bought my samsung galaxy S3 a month ago and was told by my sprint salesman that 4g LTE would be coming to Fresno very soon. I cant find any information on this on the Sprint website and when I contacted Sprint I was told they have no information on construction and roll out in California. Very misleading. Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Fresno is part of the Lower Central valley market which is yet unannounced like the rest of the CA markets bar the Bay area and the LA and co. Upper and Lower central valley should begin early to mid next year which is relatively soon. NV 1.0 aka the revamping of towers and LTE on 1900mhz is slated to be underway in every sprint market by the summer of 2013 where NV 2.0 kicks in with the deployment/activation of LTE 800mhz and Clearwires TDD-LTE 2.5ghz.

TLDR -- You'll get it in the coming months. Contractors could be getting ready right now and equipment being stocked or they could be finishing up permits and planning. Nobody knows yet so keep around these parts and start informing yourself on Network Vision and rejoice at the wealth of info we got here.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually saw someone up on a tower on Brundage in Bakersfield last week (aka, the 1 WiMax tower in town). Based on the pics I've seen of other Sprint towers I'm fairly certain that he was working on Sprint equipment, though could be another carrier; there are a lot of towers right there off the 58.

I actually saw someone up on a tower on Brundage in Bakersfield last week (aka, the 1 WiMax tower in town). Based on the pics I've seen of other Sprint towers I'm fairly certain that he was working on Sprint equipment, though could be another carrier; there are a lot of towers right there off the 58.

That's the palm tree site. I know it well. ;)

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to pick up 4G? I've been picking up Ehrpd since November in the Tulare Visalia area.

Work has not officially started in the Lower Central Valley Market yet, but should start by this summer. I'm in Visalia and I wait patiently for the day that 4G LTE comes to the Valley. Welcome to the S4GRU!

• 3 weeks later...
Summer in the Central Valley' date=' that is no fun. May as well be on the sun.[/quote']

Winter is no fun either, might as well be in Antarctica. But I hate Central Valley summers. I spend most of my time indoors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Winter is no fun either, might as well be in Antarctica. But I hate Central Valley summers. I spend most of my time indoors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

You aren't kidding. When I lived in Reno, where the air is considerably drier than the Central Valley, I would die down in the Fresno/Visalia area in the summer.

Even though the humidity was only 30% - 40%, it felt humid to me. So, humid and 100°+ felt very uncomfortable. I liked the Northern Nevada 80° - 90° with 5% - 10% humidity. Beautiful summers.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Ugghh! This is truly depressing. I live in the Lower Central Valley market and I see no signs of us getting LTE anytime soon. The two major cities in this market, Fresno and Bakersfield, got passed over for Wimax. I am just hoping when it is time for me to renew my contract next year there will be LTE here in the middle and lower sections of the San Joaquin Valley.

Ugghh! This is truly depressing. I live in the Lower Central Valley market and I see no signs of us getting LTE anytime soon. The two major cities in this market, Fresno and Bakersfield, got passed over for Wimax. I am just hoping when it is time for me to renew my contract next year there will be LTE here in the middle and lower sections of the San Joaquin Valley.

There will be. There will be live LTE in every one of Sprint's 97 markets before the end of 2013. They will not be complete, but you will be seeing it on sites all over your market.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I spend almost half the year in the Lower Central Valley. It's going to get LTE. Work should start in the next few months, hopefully sooner. It's a spread out market, and will take time. This is the time we have to have the most patience for Sprint and Network Vision.

Thanks Robert and MacinJosh for the encouragement. I think you're right. The lone 4g tower in Fresno at the 41 and 180 freeways is no longer giving out a signal. So maybe they are beginning work. Thanks again, I can't wait!

• Like 1

Took a day trip to LA (mostly Westwood/UCLA area) and now more than ever I can't wait for Network Vision work to start in Bakersfield and Lower Central Valley market. Plus my 5yr old really enjoyed streaming cartoons on Netflix without any buffering ;). Gotta keep telling myself, patience...it will be so worth it when completed.

2013-03-01-06-04-40.png

• Like 1

Is Ericsson doing the upgrades I've been seeing them a lot around the Tulare Visalia area

Ericsson is doing maintenance upgrades that they are contracted to do. Samsung will be doing the NV upgrades here in the Lower Central Valley.

ericcson also provides inspections for other OEMS as they cannot inspect their own stuff.

True, but Sprint hasn't started work here. I'm in Visalia right now, and the only tower work going on is T-Mobile, at&t, and Verizon. I'm keeping an eye on building permits for Visalia and haven't seen anything for Sprint yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I seen not been able pick up any of wimax 4G towers that did have in Fresno California my phone seems not get any of them I was getting 4g service last week I have the evo htc 3d there virgin Mobile that gos over sprint network and for 4g wimax network