Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

The only disadvantage is possibly eHRPD connectivity sometimes brings faster speeds than EVDO, when the cause of the EVDO slow down is related to the MSC. Whereas the 4G core that eHRPD is connected to is free and clear and should not become a bottleneck for years.

eHRPD is disabled in CDMA only mode.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Excellent point

I keep my EVO LTE and Galaxy Nexus in CDMA/LTE mode all the time. I haven't noticed any difference in battery life in either device staying in LTE mode. So I don't miss not having a 4G toggle...so far. If my GS3 32GB that is supposed to arrive next week is just as good in CDMA/LTE mode as these two devices, then I will keep that in 4G mode too.

As for editing posts, standard membership only allows post edits for 30 minutes after the post was originally submitted. Other member levels have more liberal editing allowances.

Welcome to S4GRU, by the way! :welc:

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

When I have my Viper in CDMA/LTE it heats up faster and drains the battery like crazy. Of course lately my battery life has declined significantly since it got hot outside. :(

When I have my Viper in CDMA/LTE it heats up faster and drains the battery like crazy. Of course lately my battery life has declined significantly since it got hot outside. :(

Plus the Viper runs on Android 2.3 ......

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

Plus the Viper runs on Android 2.3 ......

I'm patiently waiting for the ICS upgrade. Hopefully it'll come.

• Like 1

I'm patiently waiting for the ICS upgrade. Hopefully it'll come.

A waited upgrade never arrives.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I'm currently testing this today, but I also am running full screen brightness. I can tell you the battery life is better than expected. I could upload a screenshot of this, but to my surprise, Samsung still has not built in a stock way to capture a screen shot. And if they have, I have not found it yet.

Full palm swipe does screen shot I think.

Finally had to plug in my phone.

Not too bad. As always the screen appears to be the primary drain. Maybe when some company gets their act together and we have OLED (or something equally impressive with low power requirements) screens on our smartphones, we can see all day battery life

Not too bad. As always the screen appears to be the primary drain. Maybe when some company gets their act together and we have OLED (or something equally impressive with low power requirements) screens on our smartphones, we can see all day battery life

Uh...Super AMOLED is OLED. Super Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Display, if you want to unpack the acronym.

• Like 1

[ATTACH]71[/ATTACH]

This is after 3 hours of 1 bar low signal and constantly switching to roaming with 50% brightness.

All in all...I have to say given the size of the screen....the battery life is pretty damn good.

Spoke with a rep and they stated they do have some 32gb SIII in the warehouse and to keep a eye out for a email. Dont know how concrete the information was but just thought i would let you guys know.

Is anyone else having problems with S-voice? I can't get my s-voice to respond to what I am saying.

This is a problem across the board. S-voice does not work as advertised.

• Like 1

I'm very impressed with this phone's camera. Below is a video I shot today. The pictures that come with it where taken with the built in feature allowing you to take pictures while recording video. Don't know what its going to default to, but you can watch in 1080p.

http://imgur.com/a/cV3GU

• Like 2

Uh...Super AMOLED is OLED. Super Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Display, if you want to unpack the acronym.

Not meaning to nit-pick, but just wanted to clarify for others. It's actually Super Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode. As in a matrix of organic LEDs.

• Like 1

My s-voice just started working again today although it is slow.

Can you provide any details on the problems with S-Voice?

Edited by moto4sho

In reference to S Voice, I downloaded a rom for my Note and it has S-Voice and it actually works quite well. But one has to speak clearly and not really have background noise otherwise she will have an attack. lol

TS

• Like 1

Can you provide any details on the problems with S-Voice?

I would speak to it. It would spell out what I say on the screen, and then it would say "Say Hi Galaxy" again. It did this over and over until today.