Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

For the record remember this guy is not on sprint he is on Virgin Mobile and he flashed the entire ROM not just the modem.

Since the ROM is meant for virgin mobile, of course he wouldn't lose wifi.

I'm telling your right now though if you are on sprint and flash the NDC modem you will have to flash a custom kernel like KT747 to get wifi working. I know this because I am running ND8 ROM and have NDC modem flashed and I am on sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

did you flash nd8 then flash the ndc modem? And if so would you say that ndc Is any better? I know with modems a lot of the time it if where your at, but nd8 drops signal on me anytime I start moving around town, I'm hoping ndc might be more like mk3 was.

Thanks

did you flash nd8 then flash the ndc modem? And if so would you say that ndc Is any better? I know with modems a lot of the time it if where your at, but nd8 drops signal on me anytime I start moving around town, I'm hoping ndc might be more like mk3 was.

Thanks

Yes I'm running the ND8 stock rooted ROM, flashed NDC modem, and then flashed KT747 for TouchWiz ROM's.

I have tested it for about 48 hours now, and it definitely holds onto better and picks up LTE faster than ND8 modem did, at least in my area(Northern Georgia near Atlanta).

Make sure you do a custom backup of the ND8 modem in your custom recovery before flashing NDC modem. I use Philz to do this.

Edited by troyd96

Yes I'm running the ND8 stock rooted ROM, flashed NDC modem, and then flashed KT747 for TouchWiz ROM's.

I have tested it for about 48 hours now, and it definitely holds onto better and picks up LTE faster than ND8 modem did, at least in my area(Northern Georgia near Atlanta).

Make sure you do a custom backup of the ND8 modem in your custom recovery before flashing NDC modem. I use Philz to do this.

I found a ndc modem flashable that was simple to change from nd8. I'm running a custom Rom with a custom kennel as well. It seems to be working at least as well. Hopefully it will work better than nd8 once I go around town. Thanks for the help. Also did a backup of my modem in philz that's very necessary.

Does anybody else have a problem where you see that your phone is on 4G, but if you then hold the phone sideways, it drops to 3G?

Which modem NDC or ND8? Yeah I had issues like that on ND8. If I put my hands at the top of the phone instead of bottom it would flip over also. All to do with your hands blocking the signal I suppose and the ND8 modem being more sensitive to change in signal level.

Its probably because you're blocking the antenna with your hand. My S3 LTE signal drops dramatically if I block the back of the top-left area. I am somewhat close to a sprint tower so for me its not an issue, but I have seen the phone go from -100 to -110 RSRP if my fingers go anywhere near the external speaker. Next time you hold your phone sideway, try to hold the phone from the bottom and see if your signal degrades.

• Like 1

Its probably because you're blocking the antenna with your hand. My S3 LTE signal drops dramatically if I block the back of the top-left area. I am somewhat close to a sprint tower so for me its not an issue, but I have seen the phone go from -100 to -110 RSRP if my fingers go anywhere near the external speaker. Next time you hold your phone sideway, try to hold the phone from the bottom and see if your signal degrades.

I use CM11 so I can flip my phone upside down. Helps signal a ton, without having to go sideways or break my neck trying to see the screen. All hail 180 degree rotation!

• 2 weeks later...

vy3uma8e.jpg

7utu9esa.jpg

8eha5u9y.jpg

edy5adut.jpg

tega9uzu.jpg

Minimalist. Keep it in it's place. Old school. Newer isn't always better, or faster. Rooted. Android would be so dull without rooting. I can make my phone one off. No one else has one that looks exactly like mine. Plus I can run CyanogenMod and stay up to date with the new versions of Android. "L" on an S3 anyone? B-)

Those are some cool icons. [emoji3][emoji106]

Does your s3 on cm11 get incredibly hot when using data??

Mine got so hot it shut off the other day and I don't remember it getting that hot with TouchWiz.

• Like 1

I've not had any heat issues using data on wifi or network. Get a random hard reboot once or twice a week. No problems otherwise tho.

Icons by Big DX. They come in many colors.

Edited by sinisin
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone know if you can take a "Sprint prepaid" galaxy s3 new in package and activate it on your "regular" sprint plan?  wife's s3 is almost completely dead, and she's got a few more months to stagger along before cheap upgrade...

anyone know if you can take a "Sprint prepaid" galaxy s3 new in package and activate it on your "regular" sprint plan?  wife's s3 is almost completely dead, and she's got a few more months to stagger along before cheap upgrade...

I don't believe that Sprint prepaid phone will work on normal account.

Simple answer is...no.  

• 4 weeks later...