Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Mine's out for delivery also, but don't why always my UPS guy delivers around 8 or 9 pm... :pinch:

I have several friends who work for UPS and Fed-Ex and those residential drivers are overloaded. If your UPS guy is coming at 8 or 9pm just realize he probably started his shift before you started yours. That's one reason why I try to get any UPS deliveries flagged as commercial and sent to my workplace. Commercial costs a tiny bit more but I get most deliveries before 5pm.

• Like 2

My dog hates the UPS guy. She likes people wearing a FedEx uniform though. Possibly because my wife works at FedEx.

The UPS guy comes to my place late too. He used to come during the day, but there was never anyone home, so now he tends to come around 7 or 8... Could be that they always deliver to residential neighborhoods late so that there is a greater chance of someone being home. Businesses need their deliveries early because they may close at 4:30 or 5.

FedEx usually delivers during the day still though. If it comes FedEx express, the wife just grabs it off the line, LOL no more missed packages for me. I used to get so mad when I would get home and see the sticker on the door "sorry, we missed you"

This quote from the Sprint Community site is classic

Good luck going to a store and demanding they give you a product that they don't have. Also, maybe I'm missing something but I don't remember seeing any documentation from Sprint that promises they will deliver any device by or before a specific date.

This is why I'm so glad I don't work in retail anymore. I'm only going to take so much slick talk before we will have to resolve our differences in a much more personal and physical manner. If you can't handle the possibility of a delay then you shouldn't be pre-ordering. Hold on to your money and get it on launch day. Any cool points you get for being the first on your block with the phone expire once everyone gets access to it anyway.

That's pretty much what other websites have become as well. People will find any excuse to blame Sprint

• Like 1

I buy enough stuff that gets shipped UPS (Amazon Prime + Newegg w\ShopRunner) that UPS is quite familiar with my apartment. Since either a roommate or I tend to be around most of the time, UPS will arrive around 10-11am many times. Then again, a college campus is right next door, and I think the bookstore gets shipments via UPS (I'll bet they even have Retina MacBook Pros in stock) so they might as well deliver to me while they're in that part of town :)

But alas, I bought a 32GB...

I have several friends who work for UPS and Fed-Ex and those residential drivers are overloaded. If your UPS guy is coming at 8 or 9pm just realize he probably started his shift before you started yours. That's one reason why I try to get any UPS deliveries flagged as commercial and sent to my workplace. Commercial costs a tiny bit more but I get most deliveries before 5pm.

My dog hates the UPS guy. She likes people wearing a FedEx uniform though. Possibly because my wife works at FedEx.

The UPS guy comes to my place late too. He used to come during the day, but there was never anyone home, so now he tends to come around 7 or 8... Could be that they always deliver to residential neighborhoods late so that there is a greater chance of someone being home. Businesses need their deliveries early because they may close at 4:30 or 5.

FedEx usually delivers during the day still though. If it comes FedEx express, the wife just grabs it off the line, LOL no more missed packages for me. I used to get so mad when I would get home and see the sticker on the door "sorry, we missed you"

its funny, I used to hate UPS, only because they always take the package back.

Once I was home and in the living room and nothing. I open the door and see the infamous "I came and no one was home" slip. I think I blew a brain cell at that point. I called them up and complained like no tomorrow. They made the guy come back.

On another occasion, I see the truck pull up, he gets out of his truck and writing the slip and places it on the door. I open the door and say "so that's how its done". He had the look of a deer in headlights. He apologized and went and got my package.

Its why i always tried to get a Fed Ex shipment, but most if not all of my online purchases deal with UPS. So after some investigating, I find out that UPS has a service called UPS My Choice that is basically a subscription that allows me to specify where my packages are to be left if i am not there. it also notifies me of any package coming to my house to anyone in the family.

There are two levels, a regular one and a premium one for $40 a year. I took the $40 one since it allowed all of the family and lets me do more than the regular one. I figure it actually saves me

1-The headache of seeing that damn slip and having my packages another day

2-saves me gas for not having to go to the distribution warehouse to pick up the package if its over three tries.

3-allows me to have the package redirected to my work if i really really absolutely positively need it NOW. lol

TS

• Like 2

I was thinking the same damn thing, I actually LOVE Samsung's GUI. I actually think HTC's is too busy....

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!!!!!!! :lol:

• Like 3

its funny, I used to hate UPS, only because they always take the package back.

Once I was home and in the living room and nothing. I open the door and see the infamous "I came and no one was home" slip. I think I blew a brain cell at that point. I called them up and complained like no tomorrow. They made the guy come back.

On another occasion, I see the truck pull up, he gets out of his truck and writing the slip and places it on the door. I open the door and say "so that's how its done". He had the look of a deer in headlights. He apologized and went and got my package.

Its why i always tried to get a Fed Ex shipment, but most if not all of my online purchases deal with UPS. So after some investigating, I find out that UPS has a service called UPS My Choice that is basically a subscription that allows me to specify where my packages are to be left if i am not there. it also notifies me of any package coming to my house to anyone in the family.

There are two levels, a regular one and a premium one for $40 a year. I took the $40 one since it allowed all of the family and lets me do more than the regular one. I figure it actually saves me

1-The headache of seeing that damn slip and having my packages another day

2-saves me gas for not having to go to the distribution warehouse to pick up the package if its over three tries.

3-allows me to have the package redirected to my work if i really really absolutely positively need it NOW. lol

TS

I also use the "my choice" deal. I am usually home when they come anyway as they come late evening.

Just ran home from work to pick it up. Beautiful blue phone. The pebble blue is much more gorgeous in person than I thought. The phone both dwarfs and puts to shame my OG epic in all the right ways. Incredibly light, the only weight from it is thanks to the battery.

Note for people with older Epics: the USB port is on the bottom, the hole to take off the backing is on the top. I was wondering why the backing wasn't popping off for me :-x

Currently charging, will turn it on in a few.

• Like 4

Actually quite the opposite residential packages cost a little bit more to ship. Commercials are cheaper to handle since they are always in those areas so they pass that on to the shippers. No what the shipper charges you is a totally different ball game.

I can't stand FedEx. They always make me go get my package all the way south of town. Takes forever in rush hour traffic to get there and back. They never leave the package even I am home that day.

Got an email this morning from Sprint telling me what I already knew: Samsung is having issues getting enough SGIII's and mine will be arriving sometime next week. Hey, at least they sent me an email, though I think that should've come yesterday, in case I hadn't been watching the news :P

Of course, the fact the user was driving tells us that he was behind the wheel, probably hooked up to a $2 Ebay charger.

Anyways, about Sprint, I can't help but wonder if they aren't just a little bit aggravated with this whole supply ordeal. Samsung: "not gonna give you a personalized variant, you're going to sell this phone in June if you want to stay in step with the others". And then Samsung can't keep up.

• Like 2

Got an email this morning from Sprint telling me what I already knew: Samsung is having issues getting enough SGIII's and mine will be arriving sometime next week. Hey' date=' at least they sent me an email, though I think that should've come yesterday, in case I hadn't been watching the news :P[/quote']

16 or 32GB???

16 or 32GB???

As I've said before, 32GB Blue :)

I kinda wish they sold the phone in gunmetal grey, for what that's worth. Heck, I'd pay $50 for a case mod so it would look cool like that.

• Like 1

As I've said before' date=' 32GB Blue :)

I kinda wish they sold the phone in gunmetal grey, for what that's worth. Heck, I'd pay 50 for a case mod so it would look cool like that.[/quote']

So what phone are you getting again....?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

Hmmmm they must not be planning on sending me my phone at all...they haven't even sent me a email letting me know its delayed.

Hmmmm they must not be planning on sending me my phone at all...they haven't even sent me a email letting me know its delayed.

I received the email. Interesting...

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I received the email. Interesting...

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

That is what we in the industry call, a hint... :secret:

• Like 1

Im finding the signal on this phone is terrrrrible. I get half the bars indoors that my OG EPIC would get.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

What is the signal dbm? Bars are irrelevant.

Im finding the signal on this phone is terrrrrible. I get half the bars indoors that my OG EPIC would get

How about standard dBm units instead of "bars," which can vary among products?

On my Epic 4G, the "bars" display corresponds to the following levels:

• 0 bars = -106 dBm
  • 1 bar = -101 dBm
  • 2 bars = -96 dBm
  • 3 bars = -91 dBm
  • 4 bars = -86 dBm
  • 5 bars = -76 dBm
  • 6 bars = -65 dBm

What are the equivalent levels on your Galaxy S III?