Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Woohoo! :banana:

I did a Google search in curiosity of Sprint possibly taking over the old USCC space on my town's water tower, and lo and behold I find some village board minutes telling me exactly what I wanted to see! The motion was granted in August but I have not yet noticed any work beginning. I hope they start soon, because as of today the existing USCC antennas are still present.

zuYLECo.jpg

Edit: I just drove by the water tower and noticed the old USCC equipment shelter appears to have been removed. Progress!! [emoji2]

• Like 9

I was in rockford about month and half ago. I saw them testing the second carrier then, it was only on a handful of sites. They were using 41776 channel(same as they used in kansas, during the world series for the second carrier/channel)

I'm in Rockford right now(10AM Harrison st and Mulford Rd) less than 2 miles from the mall. LTE 41 is between -108, and -112 outside .speed test wasn't bad 26/27 for download and less than 2 for upload .as soon u get inside the building that's another story lol

I'm in Rockford right now(10AM Harrison st and Mulford Rd) less than 2 miles from the mall. LTE 41 is between -108, and -112 outside .speed test wasn't bad 26/27 for download and less than 2 for upload .as soon u get inside the building that's another story lol

I talked to the owners of the mall once about doing WiFi throughout. They asked me how much I was willing to pay them. Hah. Right...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody experience a voice and SMS outage right now? I am in Northwest IN. LTE is working fine.

There is no loss of 1x or EVDO signal.

Yeah same here, my family and I went out for dinner for my birthday and my sister couldn't get through to any of us. Luckily iMessage is working though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah same here, my family and I went out for dinner for my birthday and my sister couldn't get through to any of us. Luckily iMessage is working though

Bad time to have an outage. At least data works.

And happy birthday!

• Like 2

Just an update. Posts on sprints FB seem to indicate this is a regional outage not just Chicago area. Outside of IL and IN people in Iowa, Wisconsin and Ohio are complaining.

2.9 magnitude earthquake also reported just west of Lake in the Hills. COINCIDENCE?!? [emoji13]

Yeah, sorry about that. I won't let it happen again.

Strange. I just tried it and it worked. It wouldn't surprise me though if the wifi calling service is quite busy now.

Edit: missed your most recent post. My bad.

You really didn't have to go to that much trouble for kyle bday, a simple card or hot girl with big boobs. Yet a earthquake, show off :rolleyes:

Haters gunna hate, sorry not sorry. Enjoy your lack of phone calls due to my birthday quake, Chicagoland area! [emoji41]

• Like 2

I am visiting family near Philadelphia, and had just bought 2 in-laws shiny new Sprint iPhones. Naturally,  tonight, to teach them how to use the new phones,  I tried calling my and my wife's phones,  which are provisioned in area 815. Total failure. We could call them FROM our phones,  but they could not call us. All 4 phones were in the same room. Oh, crud, I am thinking, I just made a huge $900 flub. Bad words were said. I tried reloading PRLs, rebooting, calling Sprint (got a recording saying there was a known issue), etc., etc. Then,  magically,  they began calling  perfectly. Then, I started seeing posts about the outage. My in-laws now question my sanity. [Well, so do I, but that belongs in another thread.] 

• Like 2