LS2 and fomer FCC Chief dispute Feds testing.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 18 January 2012

This adds additional detail to the article posted on the wall. We all know that LS2 is fighting a desparete and last chance uphill battle, but the logic of some of the points in this article make sense, and possibly shows some bias on the FCC's part and the involvement of the GPS industry. What to you people think? Will LS2 get a second shot? or is this the death throes of a dying company?

http://www.lightsqua...ustry-insiders/

• Like 1

I think LS2's cries are justified, but are probably falling on deaf ears.

I think the big GPS makers are going to keep dumping money into lobbying against this. This may be another story of corporate greed and corruption squashing innovation. I hope it gets approved, nothing wrong with lots of LTE spectrum out there...

Seems likes they just don't have enough friends in high enough places. It is pretty clear that there is little to no interference and that the GPS industry had plenty of time to make sure that they wouldn't be effected whenever this spectrum gets used.

On a side note... Given the trouble that LS2 has had if this spectrum goes back up for sale who would buy it? Is there anything other than GPS that it could be used for?

I think the big GPS makers are going to keep dumping money into lobbying against this. This may be another story of corporate greed and corruption squashing innovation. I hope it gets approved, nothing wrong with lots of LTE spectrum out there...

No, I think that any conspiracy theories are unfounded. GPS manufacturers have nothing to gain nor lose if LightSquared truly can ameliorate the ATC interference issues. But this is a legitimate and serious technical problem. And if LightSquared cannot prevent interference beyond a shadow of a doubt, then LightSquared has no choice but to abide by the original regulations of its L band satellite spectrum.

AJ

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 31 January 2012

I think we need LS. I live in Phoenix and I have only 2 options for 4G data, both of which are overpriced and capped. We need the competition that LS will provide. The FCC has allowed the public to voice their opinions on the matter; if you would like, please voice your opinion in support of LS. The FCC is asking for public opinions.

Info: http://phandroid.com/2012/01/31/fcc-asking-for-public-opinion-on-lightsquared-lte/

Voice your thoughts to the FCC here: http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display;jsessionid=PyTTQnPp2DdLzMkfZmdR4JGL7pX00dK9xzLnp2lkn1qGbF1Qz6rY!1513658215!1954280887?z=hcatj

• Like 2