Evo 4G Lte - "National Release Date"

GW1973

From the Sprint Community announcement;

While Sprint customers who pre-ordered their HTC EVO 4G LTE received their device last week, Sprint continues to wait for our full inventory from HTC.

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days. An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

We’ll continue updating this post as we have new information to share.

Thank you everybody for your interest and continued patience.

To join other customers in this discussion, please visit our Community.

Source:http://community.spr...o-4g-lte-update

I am a bit shocked. No news from Robert or ISN, all over the internet is the news that all HTC phones have been released by US Customs. Now how quick will they hit stores. Guess?

I'm not surprised that Robert hasn't posted anything. Dude has a life and a job other than updating this site. Also that's not really breaking news. We knew it was just a matter of time for all the devices to get released. All this information does is get everyone in a tizzy again about when it's coming to a store near them.

I too stopped by my local (non corporate store) that opened up recently. There was a large desk type display with more shelving behind it that was empty. Every other one in the store had display phones on them. The store reps reported that have a truck arriving tomorrow (Tuesday) and hope the new EVO4gLTE will be on it. The way the said though made me think they were fully expecting them to be on the truck. They also broke out in a huge grin when I mentioned June 1st being the rumored new launch date. We will see. Could be more BS but, hopefully not.

The truck they swore would be there on Tuesday didn't show up. Amazing how that happens.

It is true that I am extremely busy at work at the moment. And the gravity of the story wasn't worth covering, IMO. I would just be regurgitating what other news stories are saying. Unless I have some sort of info internally from Sprint, or have something more to offer in my coverage, I won't post an article about it.

Robert

Yeah, talk about perfect timing. I will be back in the country tomorrow night(atlanta) before I head out to DC on business on monday for a few days so I will be at my sprint store bright and early saturday morning.

• Like 2

Seems like the official launch date is saturday june 2nd

http://community.spr...o-4g-lte-update

https://twitter.com/#!/sprint

From the above link;

Sprint will begin selling HTC EVO 4G LTE for $199.99 in most retail channels (including www.sprint.com and 1-800-SPRINT1) this Saturday, June 2.

I highlighted the above word. Please sir; please ma'am; if it is not available in your particular retail channel don't say that Sprint deceived you again and is screwing you out of access to your new phone. Thank you.

You might have better luck asking to speak to whoever manages the mobile dept. My experience is that there is usually one guy/gal that is way more knowledgeable than the rest of the salespeople.

Has anybody had any luck about calling best buy? Mine still gave me the story about the customs holding them up.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

At least you get to talk to someone. I call the Best Buy in Daytona and get hung up on, or they answer, transfer me to the Mobile department, and then I get hung up on after the phone rings 10+ times.

For all that do not have the phone like me or who pre-ordered from BB last weekend like me;

Just be the first in line at your local BB Saturday morning & there will be no wondering. Unless I get an email from BB today or tomorrow that I can go pick up my phone. I will be #1 in line for the doors at BB on Saturday morning. I will get home and enjoy setting up all my stuff.

I do have a technical question; is there any way to not lose data from games & other apps when switching phones. Each time I have had to switch phones (got a Photon & it has been a return for a new one syndrome), any progress in games & apps have been lost even though I stuck the same sd card into the new phone...thanks.

For all that do not have the phone like me or who pre-ordered from BB last weekend like me;

Just be the first in line at your local BB Saturday morning & there will be no wondering. Unless I get an email from BB today or tomorrow that I can go pick up my phone. I will be #1 in line for the doors at BB on Saturday morning. I will get home and enjoy setting up all my stuff.

I do have a technical question; is there any way to not lose data from games & other apps when switching phones. Each time I have had to switch phones (got a Photon & it has been a return for a new one syndrome), any progress in games & apps have been lost even though I stuck the same sd card into the new phone...thanks.

Is your phone rooted?

Titanium backup fixes that issue.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

Why would I need to get there early? If you are on the list they will apply the shipment to the pre orders

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

So I work in a Sprint Corporate store. and we learned today that the Corporate stores will be receiving 10 phones for a Saturday in store launch. I verified this buy looking up our stores open shipments. bare in mine that we have not had a single phone in our inventory yet even for a display. and the phone is to take up 2 spots which gives stores 8 available phones to sell on saturday.

Edited by DasoMatic

So I work in a Sprint Corporate store. and we learned today that the Corporate stores will be receiving 10 phones for a Saturday in store launch. I verified this buy looking up our stores open shipments. bare in mine that we have not had a single phone in our inventory yet even for a display. and the phone is to take up 2 spots which gives stores 8 available phones to sell on saturday.

Ouch. Talk about short inventory.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Unfortunately that was not true for all stores. Mine didn't have my order yet.

Based on my experience when I went to pick up mine, I'm convinced that stores were having issues with pre-orders/reservations not showing up in the system yet the device is actually in the cabinet with the customer's pre-order paperwork wrapped around it. Unfortunately, that doesn't do anything to help folks today since they won't be fulfilling any orders until Saturday.