EVO 4G LTE and Airave's

Rickie546

I hate that virgin mobile phones don't work with the airave.now i have to roam for the week.

I didn't know that they don't work with the airave. That seems dumb to me that Sprint doesn't allow that.

Those Airaves, who knows what ISPs they have been with. Virgin Mobile phones have to maintain their purity.

AJ

• Like 4

Those Airaves' date=' who knows what ISPs they have been with. Virgin Mobile phones have to maintain their purity.

AJ[/quote']

Haha. That's funny. :lol:

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

This sucks i don't think there's a long term fix for this hopefully there's an update that will fix it.

Fix what? I have the Airvana one and it works fine with the EVO LTE.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Not everyone has this problem

I have a friend who also has one with an EVO 4GLTE and he doesn't have the issue. I need to go over to his house to see if I get the beeps with his airvana. If I do then I know it is phone related. if I don't then I know it is Airvana issues.

I have a friend who also has one with an EVO 4GLTE and he doesn't have the issue. I need to go over to his house to see if I get the beeps with his airvana. If I do then I know it is phone related. if I don't then I know it is Airvana issues.

let me know how it goes.

• 2 months later...

Was the proximity sensor/touch tone issue ever resolved?

Just realized I too have this. Now i understand why i've had such difficulty navigating touch tone menus.

I have a airrave 2.0 here.

My chat with sprint airrave support was not too useful. They are aware of the issue (apparently for some months now), but no resolution yet.

The rep suggested speaker phone or BT... Wonderful..

Was the proximity sensor/touch tone issue ever resolved?

No I just had my airave replaced with the new one 2.5 and it still does it. The easiest way to find out if you have this problem is call your voicemail and wave your hand over the proxy sensor.

So they have tried multiple times to fix my issue to no avail. Somehow in all of this they reset my upgrade eligibility and am eligible for upgrade as of Nov 1. I checked with Best Buy and they told me buy back would be $350 on my EVO so I am going to go ahead and get the Note II this weekend. I love the EVO but with this issue and with the LTE radio issues that have been reported on this phone I think it is time to move on. :)

So they have tried multiple times to fix my issue to no avail. Somehow in all of this they reset my upgrade eligibility and am eligible for upgrade as of Nov 1. I checked with Best Buy and they told me buy back would be 350 on my EVO so I am going to go ahead and get the Note II this weekend. I love the EVO but with this issue and with the LTE radio issues that have been reported on this phone I think it is time to move on. :)

If they offer you $350 for your EVO, take it. Sprint offered me $123 for my GS3 yesterday. I laughed.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

If they offer you 350 for your EVO' date=' take it. Sprint offered me 123 for my GS3 yesterday. I laughed.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner[/quote']

Haha, I will give you 124...

• Like 1

Haha' date=' I will give you 124...[/quote']

As far as the evo, 350 is an awesome trade in amount. You would have a hard time finding a buyer for 350, best buy is taking it in the shorts in that deal.

I get 350 because I bought the $9 buy back guarantee so if you sell it back to them within 6 months it is 50% of full retail, 6-12 months 40%, 12-18, 30%, 18-24 20%

since they guarantee'd me $150 at the 2 year mark I thought it was a good purchase. They have recently done away with the program. I didn't know I would be able to trade it before the 6 month mark :)

If they offer you $350 for your EVO, take it. Sprint offered me $123 for my GS3 yesterday. I laughed.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

No I just had my airave replaced with the new one 2.5 and it still does it. The easiest way to find out if you have this problem is call your voicemail and wave your hand over the proxy sensor.

My method of testing was real simple. Call myself from another phone. Answer on the evo, then continue holding the other phone to my ear. I'd toggle the prox sensor a number of times, hearing a touch tone with each toggle.

I then restored an old cm image and repeated the test. No touch tone. Restored the sense backup and repeated. No touch tone. We'll see how long this lasts, but appears to be at least partially connected to sense.

• 2 weeks later...

the issue is due to issues on sprint backend you cannot do a phone upgrade/swap or profile update or prl update whle on the airave. what happens is your phone only sees the airave and doesn't get a correct update. if you want to do any of these things head to a regular sprint tower service area. it's the easiest way to avoid frustrations.