EVO 4G LTE and Airave's

Rickie546

My airrave has superior signal output than my WiFi router... In the back bedroom' date=' WiFi is in and out. Being able to use the aorrave for my data at night in bed and it be 100% without having to run cat5 and a new router to my bedroom is nice. Obviously I could benefit from the airrave having LTE in this situation.[/quote']

Or you could get a better WiFi router or a WiFi repeater.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

My airrave has superior signal output than my WiFi router... In the back bedroom, WiFi is in and out. Being able to use the aorrave for my data at night in bed and it be 100% without having to run cat5 and a new router to my bedroom is nice. Obviously I could benefit from the airrave having LTE in this situation.

Another possibility is setting up a second access point connected to the first one via Powerline adapters.

• Like 1

Another possibility is setting up a second access point connected to the first one via Powerline adapters.

I have a set up like this in my home. It was a huge pain to get set up. But works great.

Robert

I have a set up like this in my home. It was a huge pain to get set up. But works great.

Robert

Was it a pain because of electrical noise? I just plugged in my Powerline AV 500 adapter and adapter/bridge, flashed the latest firmware, set up security and was ready to go in under 30 mins. Not getting more than 80-100Mpbs, but definitely beats re-cabling the place.

Was it a pain because of electrical noise? I just plugged in my Powerline AV 500 adapter and adapter/bridge, flashed the latest firmware, set up security and was ready to go in under 30 mins. Not getting more than 80-100Mpbs, but definitely beats re-cabling the place.

I don't think so. I'm not sure what the issue was. And I don't even remember how I fixed it. I could set up my second router as a slave to my main router if I plugged directly into it without any problems. Also, I could plug a computer directly into the Powerline Ethernet adapter anywhere in the house and it would work full speed, no issues. But if I plugged the secondary router into the Powerline Ethernet adapter, no bueno. I spent 8 hours searching the internet and finally found a solution. I just don't remember what it is. :lol:

Robert

I spent 8 hours searching the internet and finally found a solution. I just don't remember what it is. :lol:

Sounds like a weekend well spent. Wrangling a desktop, two laptops, three phones, a TV, a Bluray player, a receiver, two WiFi routers, two Powerline adapters and an Airvana has made me a frequent visitor at smallnetbuilder.com.

When you have two routers just set the other one to 192.168.1.2 and turn off dhcp server. Then plug into one of the 4 ports on the back. Don't plug onto the wan or internet port as you will be double NAT.

I run one router that dishes out two WiFi signals on two separate vlans. One on the 192.168.x.x range and one on the 172.x. one is for guests and one is for the kids and their stuff. My other devices get the high power WiFi access point which is on another vlan of 10.x. keeps it all separate for security reasons. And I can also VPN in on the 10.x side. I usually VPN on my laptop or on my phone when I am on public WiFi access points. I have seen how easy it is to sniff traffic on public WiFi and I will never use it again without VPN. And mix a little Qos in there too on the router. I had to laugh at the chick on the airave help line telling me to put my airave in between my router and ISP. Uhhhh...no thanks.

If you ever have network questions or issues hit me up.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Not an Airvana/Airave user myself (my signal is always more then sufficient), but thought this post in another forum was interesting, especially for those in this thread. http://androidforums...tml#post4627391

I wonder if Sprint has an even newer/better device on the way....

Not an Airvana/Airave user myself (my signal is always more then sufficient), but thought this post in another forum was interesting, especially for those in this thread. http://androidforums...tml#post4627391

Maybe...but you know how CSRs lie to get people off the phone. Will have to do some searching on the FCC website to see if it is there.

• Like 1

Another thread, but over at SU mentioning a new Airave... http://sprintusers.c...ad.php?t=229727

• Like 1

Setting up an Airave is really easy and requires no modification of your main router's settings. No forwarding settings are needed.

Plug the WAN port of the Airave into a LAN port of your main router, that is it.

Do not plug anything into a LAN port of the Airave.

You sometimes will have to reset the Airave, push in the small reset button.

Just for giggles I pulled the Airave out of the garage and tried doing exactly this. No luck. I did the reset as well. Last I looked the lights were showing solid green for Broadband and GPS and blinking amber for Mobile.

Just wanted to give an update on the button press issue.

I still have it, called sprint and they ran a test on my phone and the airave, and everything checked out. Still get the button press issue. I have just made sure I have my BT headset or wired headset with the phone anytime I am in the house, that seems to solve the issue. it seems to be an issue with the proximity sensor for the face.

• Like 1

Just for giggles I pulled the Airave out of the garage and tried doing exactly this. No luck. I did the reset as well. Last I looked the lights were showing solid green for Broadband and GPS and blinking amber for Mobile.

Is it active on your account?

Is it active on your account?

That was the second part of my adventure that I decided not to post about. Long story short, the device was not on my account and after being told I would have to pay an activation fee and contract for 2 years if I wanted to activate the device I decided not to do it. I didn't think I should have to pay to activate a device that would allow me to get a usable level of a service that I already pay for. The tele-sales rep said he spoke to a "supervisor" who would not waive the activation because they had already sent me the device for free and with free shipping.

That was the second part of my adventure that I decided not to post about. Long story short, the device was not on my account and after being told I would have to pay an activation fee and contract for 2 years if I wanted to activate the device I decided not to do it. I didn't think I should have to pay to activate a device that would allow me to get a usable level of a service that I already pay for. The tele-sales rep said he spoke to a "supervisor" who would not waive the activation because they had already sent me the device for free and with free shipping.

really? was it originally active on your account? I only have to pay taxes/fees on what should be the monthly fees. but if I disconnect for an extended period of time I either have to send it back to them or they will start billing me for it.

really? was it originally active on your account? I only have to pay taxes/fees on what should be the monthly fees. but if I disconnect for an extended period of time I either have to send it back to them or they will start billing me for it.

It had not been activated by the rep who originally sent it to me nor was I told that I would need to activate it when I requested it. It's been sitting in my garage for nearly a year after I wasn't able to get it to work when I first got it. I haven't been billed or charged anything.

It had not been activated by the rep who originally sent it to me nor was I told that I would need to activate it when I requested it. It's been sitting in my garage for nearly a year after I wasn't able to get it to work when I first got it. I haven't been billed or charged anything.

That is pure BS!? Sprint sent you the device and they usually don't come activated but why would you want it if you had to pay a monthly charge for it? Call them again and tell them the rep who sent it to you said it would be free as you don't get good signal and you never would have agreed to take it if you were going to be charged for it. Try going through multiple reps and supervisors if you have to. If they still stop you tell them you want to be transferred to the retention department to cancel and they will deal with you. How many phones do you have on your account? Contract ends when?

I never paid a monthly fee for the airave either. I have had one since 2008 when they came out. Awesome little devices.

They do cost about $2/month in fees for the extra line though.

That is pure BS!? Sprint sent you the device and they usually don't come activated but why would you want it if you had to pay a monthly charge for it? Call them again and tell them the rep who sent it to you said it would be free as you don't get good signal and you never would have agreed to take it if you were going to be charged for it. Try going through multiple reps and supervisors if you have to. If they still stop you tell them you want to be transferred to the retention department to cancel and they will deal with you. How many phones do you have on your account? Contract ends when?

I've decided that it's not really that important to me right now. As I get older I find that I pick my battles a little bit better. If my in-home service degrades or becomes more needed then I will revisit the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I called Sprint back and finally got to a high level network tech. after alot of troubleshooting including on my Network side (QOS, Jitter... blah, blah, blah) They decided the fix is to rebuild the line itself. Had to leave my EVOLTE off for about an hour. then they called me back and walked me through reseting the call side system settings. ##72735#. Then a pin code. then did a reset there and after rebooting my phone went back into hands free activation and when it was all done, everything worked and I was no longer getting the key press. YAY sprint figured it out. Kevster if you still have the problem, they said they were going to put it in their knowledgebase. So you should be able to call and get it fixed.

I hate that virgin mobile phones don't work with the airave.now i have to roam for the week.

I didn't know that they don't work with the airave. That seems dumb to me that Sprint doesn't allow that.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner