Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I live in Joplin, and have noticed an increase in 3G speeds here. For about the last year or two, I'd be lucky if I'd get 0.8mbps on a speed test, and that would be on a good day.

Now I get speeds anywhere from 1.5 to 2.1mbps on a regular basis on my OG EVO. Makes me very hopeful about what LTE speeds will be like what I get my EVO LTE in the next few months.

• Like 1

Thanks. I wish you had an LTE phone so you could find LTE spots as they pop up. I just upgrade form the EVO to the Note 2. Lost WIMAX but I can set and watch status bar waiting for LTE now...

First Joplin then later St Louis and my tower.

• Like 1

I have seen eHRPD in University City and Arnold the last few days but not today for some reason.

It's bee on since I got the Note 2 on launch day in St Peters near Mid Rivers Mall for what its worth.

Thanks. I wish you had an LTE phone so you could find LTE spots as they pop up. I just upgrade form the EVO to the Note 2. Lost WIMAX but I can set and watch status bar waiting for LTE now...

First Joplin then later St Louis and my tower.

I hope to have one by December, the EVO LTE is $99 on amazon wireless. But with Christmas on the way, and money set aside for the kids, just ben saving my spare change, and am about half way there. Might have to upgrade the wife first as her EVO Shift is starting to crap out.

I went thru like 6 EVOs in 2 years. Bad screens mostly. Sprint just gave me a new phone each time. The last time it was out of warranty and I had to pay $20 I think, but someone said out of warranty replacement cost them $35. Might talk to retentions too, i hear you can get a credit. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1955709

I live in Joplin, and have noticed an increase in 3G speeds here. For about the last year or two, I'd be lucky if I'd get 0.8mbps on a speed test, and that would be on a good day.

Now I get speeds anywhere from 1.5 to 2.1mbps on a regular basis on my OG EVO. Makes me very hopeful about what LTE speeds will be like what I get my EVO LTE in the next few months.

What parts? I'm going to try and scout out the towers this weekend to see if there is any new equipment on them.

• Like 1

Hi, I know that the Missouri market is probably in the 2nd or 3rd round. When do you think STL will get LTE? When exactly are the 2nd and 3rd round coming out? An estimate, does anyone know?

Thanks, Thomas

http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/

post #3

Missouri with Joplin announced by Sprint as in the coming months. All of Missouri fits in "scheduled starts from December 2012 to May 2013. However, some have started a little earlier.I

I hope its sooner too, I'm in St Peters and just got a new phone with no WIMAX and it sucks not being able to stream YouTube video with out stopping over and over to buffer.

I live just outside of town near the Flying J truck stop, and work at the At&t Call Center, both places I get good signal, and speeds of at least 1-2mbps on 3G

More like 600k average here in St. Peters on the other side of the State. Only once have I gotten over 1.5 Mbps. Over 1Mbps is <`10% of the time

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream last night that we finaly got LTE, and it was amazing.

I've had that dream in the past too :P

My completely baseless projection is that we are about a month away from when they start work. I wonder if things will get slowed down with Winter weather though.

Per the LTE coming soon press release, it sounded like work might have started in Joplin by now, but just checked the whole town, no work so far.

Work will probably be impacted as much as it is during summer weather.... just different ways. I don't think this winter is going to be too extreme either.

Per the LTE coming soon press release, it sounded like work might have started in Joplin by now, but just checked the whole town, no work so far.

Work will probably be impacted as much as it is during summer weather.... just different ways. I don't think this winter is going to be too extreme either.

I look at Sensorly for Joplin a few times a week. It makes me think Joplin was a typo sometimes. I was hopping there would be some signs by now. Maybe they are getting backhaul ran or something. My Note 2 needs some LTE to shine, but at least when I move a couple miles next month the home internet will be 30Mbps verse 0.5 Mbps here on a good day. Its pretty sad when your home internet is half the speed of Sprint 3G. I have a WifI router ready to hook up (Apple Time Capsule actually) and will see how the phone works with a fast connection at last at least at home. Right now I can't even stream youtube with more time buffering than playing.

Im getting the basic 30Mbps plan Charter cable offers here. Only one upgrade offered and thats to 100Mbps. I get the base plan for $29.99 a month for a year then it goes up $10. I don't have a tethering plan and they are cracking down on people who abuse unlimited plans (no tethering). I wish they had an unlimited mobile with X Gbyte tether plan but I bet that would hard to meter. It would be nice to have mobile a wifi hot spot in the phone for the iPad, but I use it a lot less now that I have the Note 2. Now that I think about it I really haven't taken the Ipad out of the house since I got the Note.

5Mbps cable internet here, but cant wait to tether my PC to the EVO for some serious streaming/downloading.

I don't want to get into the "its my unlimited data and I can do what I want with it" debate but going crazy with the tethering is what will someday force an end to our unlimited data. If you are going to do it then use what u need....but don't go downloading every season of every tv show you can think of just to be able to say you have it <_<

• Like 2