Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

Yahoo! My mother just called me and asked why it keeps flashing 4g on her viper. She works in Lynn ma. Maybe it's testing or it coming live idk but confirmed LTE l! Also eHRPD in swampscott the other day.

Did she get the tower info from CDMA field test or Net Monitor? How many speed tests did she run? And did she snap some pictures of the RRU's on the tower she was connecting to? :D

• Like 1

Did she get the tower info from CDMA field test or Net Monitor? How many speed tests did she run? And did she snap some pictures of the RRU's on the tower she was connecting to? :D

She called me to ask why it said 4G... You think she knows any of this lol. I'm going over later an taking her phone out to her work and I'll try myself

She called me to ask why it said 4G... You think she knows any of this lol. I'm going over later an taking her phone out to her work and I'll try myself

I was only joking. My mom just got a phone with texting and learned how to use it a few months ago. She's not ready for a smartphone yet. :)

I was only joking. My mom just got a phone with texting and learned how to use it a few months ago. She's not ready for a smartphone yet. :)

Her og Evo died and they have her the viper for free I'm totally jealous. She only uses it for wOrds with friends and Facebook. :(

Downtown Boston now has eHRDP! (note that I had to toggle LTE/CDMA to CDMA and back to LTE/CDMA mode for it to switch over to eHRPD)

Update:

For the first time in 2 months, 3G speeds have been usable in the office. This is pretty nice going from 10kbps to 500-1500kbps. Speeds are rather variable, but it's actually functional 3G!

• Like 1

I'm seeing eHRPD in Waltham on 128 by Totten Pond Rd for the 1st time.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that last week I kept dropping calls in this area and going into roaming.

I am loggin somewhere between 1.3 to 2 Mbps down,, and around 1Mbps up @ south station. I saw this kind of results for last week or two. Hopefully we will continue to see expansion of NV sites in downtown boston area.

New Bedford, Ma Near Dartmouth LTE tower. Switched CDMA/LTE to CDMA only and then back. I got CDMA eHRPD for 5 seconds until my 3G came back online then switched right back to EVDO. Any insight on this? I am 3-4 blocks from the Dartmouth, Ma LTE tower.

Scratch that! Just connected to eHRPD! Does this mean we are close to LTE here in the Boston Market??

While eHRPD is required for LTE to go live, having eHRPD is not an indication that LTE is ready.