Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

As I live about twenty minutes from Boston, I venture to boston once a while, as bordering Lowell, I sometimes get 4g WiMax if I go near the border of Lowell/Tewksbury.... As there is a cell phone tower next to my house i'd be hoping it could get LTE, which is highly unlikely. I'm just curious when Boston area will get their upgrade... I understand its in the first roll-out stage, im just curious about the date

P.S

Boston has WiMax if some may not know.

Edited by brendan4t

here is a screenshot of the Boston market as of April 20 there are some towers in Lowell but there 3G only right now. i think Robert said they should get 4G buy the end of may but i'm not positive http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/announcements/boston-area-nv-sites-r44

• Like 1

here is a screenshot of the Boston market as of April 20 there are some towers in Lowell but there 3G only right now. i think Robert said they should get 4G buy the end of may but i'm not positive http://s4gru.com/ind...ea-nv-sites-r44

This excites me, I see a tower somewhat near my house :) hopefully I can pickup 4g when its turned on :D

This

here is a screenshot of the Boston market as of April 20 there are some towers in Lowell but there 3G only right now. i think Robert said they should get 4G buy the end of may but i'm not positive http://s4gru.com/ind...ea-nv-sites-r44

http://screensnapr.com/v/56vQHh.png

Thats where I live :D.... hopefully I can get LTE somewhat once its turned on.. and once I receive my EVO on friday :)

Ah, good old Tewksbury... I find it strange that there seem to be no active NV sites in the more populated areas right around Boston. I live in Watertown myself (just west of Cambridge), and see no towers near me at all :/

Awesome - that is great news! I know exactly where that is (conveniently equadistant from my girlfriend's place and mine). I don't see that tower marked on the map linked above. Can you let me know where you got your info?

I believe there is no 4g until June for Boston market.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This is correct.

Robert

I believe there is no 4g until June for Boston market.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This is correct.

Robert

so im gonna go to boston market in late june and get lte :) good food there (most of the time)

bm.png

(just kidding of course) too hard to pass up :lol::rofl:

• Like 6

so im gonna go to boston market in late june and get lte :) good food there (most of the time)

(just kidding of course) too hard to pass up :lol::rofl:

I went to Boston Market last Friday when I was in Albuquerque and wrecked me some chicken. Emmm, emmm, it's good!

Robert

• Like 1

Oh god yall have me thinkin about boston market now, I haven't been there since like last July 4th I think. Might go there this weekend and get some chicken, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes mmmm

I went to Boston Market last Friday when I was in Albuquerque and wrecked me some chicken. Emmm, emmm, it's good!

Robert

I live in Boston and have never been to a Boston Market (never even seen one in Boston).

The irony, heh.

Any idea when Sprint plans to light up 185 Cambridge St, 02114 with LTE? It's co-located with clearwire. I wonder what type of backhaul that location has... the latency over 3G is awesome (I can ping into the high 50's :)). I always can hit over 2mbit+ morning/noon/night. It's a very fast Sprint site. Verizon sits right above it (I've posted pictures).

So today is the 18th... I wonder if there is any active LTE in Boston yet :)

If i'm correct, they will have the same speeds as AT&T's LTE (Up to 60 MBPS).... and not Verizons ( Up to 30MBPS?)

If i'm correct, they will have the same speeds as AT&T's LTE (Up to 60 MBPS).... and not Verizons ( Up to 30MBPS?)

No. Both Verizon and AT&T did 10x10MHz deployments in Boston. AT&T did lower 700MHz, Verizon did upper 700MHz.

Sprint's deployment is a lot different (half the spectrum but less than half as many customers, so same average speed).

All should have roughly the same average speed though.

I wouldn't get caught up with max speeds - what is 30mbit or 60mbit of wireless speeds going to do for you that 20mbit (or 10mbit) can't?

I know you won't notice the difference :P... I've been told that Verizon had slower LTE speeds, it must be because they have more customers.

Verizon has had LTE rolled out a lot longer than AT&T, so they just simply have more users on their LTE network. As time goes on, AT&T will slow down as well.

Verizon has a pretty solid plan to add additional capacity down the road to help maintain network performance. AT&T currently doesn't.

In the long-haul Verizon and Sprint are well positioned to serve booming data demand. AT&T isn't.

• Like 3