Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Well eHRPHD is basically what allows you to go from LTE to 3g seemlessly. Yes its a sign of what's to come but it gives no indication of a time frame. I've been seeing it since I got my note 2 many months ago now. I don't believe eHRPD has any effect on the speeds you are seeing though.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

hey guys! new to the forum but i have read alot so i decided to finally join, my buddy said she was driving to provo and got an LTE signal on her S3 out by the lehi/orem area...

any thoughts?

hey guys! new to the forum but i have read alot so i decided to finally join, my buddy said she was driving to provo and got an LTE signal on her S3 out by the lehi/orem area...

any thoughts?

Could be testing. If the site was accepted by Sprint today as complete, we will know tomorrow morning. Thanks for the report and welcome to S4GRU. :tu:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Could be testing. If the site was accepted by Sprint today as complete, we will know tomorrow morning. Thanks for the report and welcome to S4GRU. :tu:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

thanks!! approciate the welcome! she said it was saturday afternoon... but i havent heard anything else about it... and nothing on sensorly either...

I haven't seen anything there but that means nothing. I know they were wrapping up installation at the spanishfork site last week and should be testing. I'm in Chicago this week so I won't be able to go check anything out until I get back.

I came from Atlanta and in North Atlanta where we lived it was awesome. Typically you'd see 16-18 megs down/8-9....at night is was usually faster I saw it @ 35 down/20 up a few times which is plenty fast for what I need. Hoping the same for here in the slc valley....thx for all the info and updates everyone!

I'm in Bloomingdale IL for work this week. Its about an hour outside Chicago. I got this result...needless to say I'm pretty excited.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I'm in Bloomingdale IL for work this week. Its about an hour outside Chicago. I got this result...needless to say I'm pretty excited.

Am I mistaken or is your notification bar is showing that you were actually connected to wifi for that speedtest?

Edited by prnorm

i cant freakin wait!!, so as i wen to sprint to pay my bill, i asked about LTE to see what they say, the rep said sprint is planning a STATE wide not city wide launch for utah, and he said he was thinking end of 2013, which sucks if he is right, l also mention about the LTE signal in the spnish fork area, and he said "thats acutally confidential, i cant really say much about that..."

wierd right?

i cant freakin wait!!, so as i wen to sprint to pay my bill, i asked about LTE to see what they say, the rep said sprint is planning a STATE wide not city wide launch for utah, and he said he was thinking end of 2013, which sucks if he is right, l also mention about the LTE signal in the spnish fork area, and he said "thats acutally confidential, i cant really say much about that..."

wierd right?

He is incorrect. Sites will go online as they are finished by the contractors and accepted by Sprint inspectors. There will be no city or state launch. There will be cluster launches for PCS 1900 EVDO & 1x due to the need to minimize impact to the customers due to mixing up legacy sites and network vision upgraded sites. 

He is incorrect. Sites will go online as they are finished by the contractors and accepted by Sprint inspectors. There will be no city or state launch. There will be cluster launches for PCS 1900 EVDO & 1x due to the need to minimize impact to the customers due to mixing up legacy sites and network vision upgraded sites. 

thanks for the update, i sure hope thats the case. i flipped off my LTE switch on my iphone cuz im so sick of waiting, im sure it will be worth the wait tho. :tu:

Yeah those sales reps are not a source for good information usually. I'm sure if they did know are not allowed to talk about specifics. This is the place to get real information and stay informed.

still siittin pretty with 3G...

-_-

Yes its a little disheartening...I drove around to some sites yesterday in the ogden,layton, and fruit heights/farmington area and I haven't seen any work being done on any of the sites.  Though I know substantial work is being done from north salt lake down to american fork area.  I'd be happy to just see the 3g/800 smr updates up here in the northern cities like ogden/layton area.  You should be seeing some LTE sites go up soon though from north salt lake south.  To borrow a phrase from my friend fall out boy...we all want sprint to "light em' up, up, up, light em' up, up, up, light em' up, up, up!

haha nice referance! i sure hope so, i mean 3G is pretty fast downtown. but other then that its a freakin joke. so hopefully we hear something. im even tempted to go back to my WiMAX EVO just for the 4G.

We have 11 completed 3g sites. They are all south of Utah county though. I would imagine We should see some lte sooner than later. At this point with at least 3 sites complete I would imagine its a backhual related issue on the other end. I also would think due to the holiday weekend work has came to a standstill until Monday.

[site id + coords redacted]

Had I boom lift under it when I drove by this afternoon.I Wasn't able to get a good look at it as it sits off the free way in a Granite construction yard that is fenced. I will try and get up there sometime this week and get a better look with a telephoto lens ;) I wont subject anyone to long distance blurry phone pics  :o  It is about 2 miles south of 

[site id + coords redacted]

which also sits off of I-15

Edited by lilotimz
Sponsor Info in public