Analyst says Galaxy Note coming to Sprint.

pyroscott

Man, if Sprint gets this, I may be on board, depending on the SIII. My wife just got my the 5" Samsung Galaxy player, which is basically the same size as the Note, and I am lovin this 5" form factor.

• Like 1

Now that I am using a 7" tablet so often, when I go back to my E4GT, it feels so tiny. I want a bigger smartphone. I'm thinking phablet.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 3

Yeah def, I set the Galaxy player next to my Evo 4G, and its tiny lol! If the SIII is 4.65" I can go with that, but no less! The phablet would be a perfect in between device. I checked myself in the mirror a few times with it up to my head, and walked around the house like I was on the phone.. not bad at all.

I figure 95% of my smartphone usage is for data/texting, not voice. And half of my voice usage is hands free or speaker phone. So my device would better serve me with a bigger screen than a small form factor for yakking. That's what I figure anyway.

• Like 3

If it can't fit in my pocket, then i won't get it. A 5" screen is just too big for me. How big is the screen on the E4GT again?

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

• Like 1

If it can't fit in my pocket, then i won't get it. A 5" screen is just too big for me. How big is the screen on the E4GT again?

4.52"

4.52"

That would just barely fit comfortably in my pocket. And i wear cargo pants with big pockets.

• Like 1

4.52"

Wow, Ben measured himself to the hundredth of an inch. Now, that is precision.

AJ

• Like 2

That would just barely fit comfortably in my pocket. And i wear cargo pants with big pockets.

Are you petite? I can fit my 7" tablet in my cargo pant pockets. I can fit the Note in most of my pants pockets. I never wear skinny jeans. :lol:

• Like 1

I've played with the Note and while it is cool and can fit in my pockets. Its a bit large for everyday, everywhere carry for me.

The new phones like the El-tevo and rumored G3 are a good compromise. If I am really going to need the screen real estate I'd just pull out my tablet.

• Like 1

Are you petite? I can fit my 7" tablet in my cargo pant pockets. I can fit the Note in most of my pants pockets. I never wear skinny jeans. :lol:

Me? Petite? Haha, I wish. Anything bigger than the EVO 4G would be too bulky in my pockets. It would look goofy walking around with something that big in my pocket.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I hate contracts. They are so limiting at times. But for me to be able to afford a phone, it's a necessary evil.

So do I, which is why I have a second line so that I can change phones every year. But now that that one is ported over to AT&T. Once Sprint gets the Note, I change it back.

"Samsung Galaxy Note shows up on Sprint website"

http://www.mobileblo...ebsite/2212496/

AJ

Its still up to debate whether that was a mistake by the graphic person putting that phone up or its actually Sprint dong one of its announcements without actually making an official announcement. I hope its true though, and maybe at CTIA they will make it official. But that I know of nothing will transpire until the Oct/Nov time-frame when Sprint historically does alot of phone deployments.

TS

The whole thing about the note coming to sprint is odd. The phone came out on October across the pond and both sprint and Samsung seam to be doing little to dispel the rumors. Having been a loyal consumer of Samsung devices this saddens me. I've had an upgrade pending since February and am tired of waiting. I don't know about the sense ui but if the evo lte makes it to stores first I'll give up the half inch of screen to get a new phone, this old epic has been great but it's time to move on.

• Like 1

I can fit this 5" Galaxy player in my front pocket just fine, and I am not that big of a guy. I compared it to the Note today, and the Note is barely bigger

• Like 1

Me? Petite? Haha, I wish. Anything bigger than the EVO 4G would be too bulky in my pockets. It would look goofy walking around with something that big in my pocket.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

I havent had hands on with the note yet... but did see the mock up at Frys the other day fits fine in my front pocket, and i havent been petite since highschool lol

I havent had hands on with the note yet... but did see the mock up at Frys the other day fits fine in my front pocket, and i havent been petite since highschool lol

I was never petite my whole childhood. And maybe a 5" phone wouldn't be that bad to carry around after all.

I have been looking for the note ever since it was hinted to in January in fact i want the thing, im always looking for it, in fact i usually have two searches on google, "sprint lte", and "sprint galaxy note" now as far as im concerned the whole "leak" makes alot of sense. couple of reasons. think about it AT&T has exclusivity for now, remember the Nexus was "exclusive" to them too. CTIA is next month perfect timing to officially announce. Kind of like how sprint did during CES for the NEXUS. This "hint" is a good idea with nexus and viper being released next week, The EVO one, just cleared FCC Friday, in time for next months preorder. Which means people are already saying whats next? well "accidently" positng a picture of what is pretty obviously the NOTE, without actually saying oh hello this is whats next... at least its got people looking again...

5 million sales world wide of the GSM galaxy note, how many more could samsung sell with CDMA, im sure they have wondered as well...

I was never petite my whole childhood. And maybe a 5" phone wouldn't be that bad to carry around after all.

i wont lie i want one...my epic is a monster with the extended battery of course hyperion just released a 5000 mAh monster for the NOTE mugen a wopping 5400 mAH battery im wondering how much bigger it will be, with the extended battery on my epic and ICS i get a 12 hours now, with the 3500, 5400 ooooh lol would be nice on trips though

i wont lie i want one...my epic is a monster with the extended battery of course hyperion just released a 5000 mAh monster for the NOTE mugen a wopping 5400 mAH battery im wondering how much bigger it will be' date=' with the extended battery on my epic and ICS i get a 12 hours now, with the 3500, 5400 ooooh lol would be nice on trips though[/quote']

5400? That is a huge battery.

As for battery life, my Shift can get up to 2 days with medium use on the 3500 mAh battery i have in it now.

shit i havent seen two days from a phone charge since my sanyo 8300 lol, im what they call apower user lol

If I use my phone a lot more, then I get only 1 day for battery life.

5400? That is a huge battery.

No kidding, yikes i just say it on Amazon. Wow. While its true that it will give you (theoretically) twice the battery life as the OEM one, it just makes the phone look so damn fat and weird looking. It just defeats the purpose of having a large but yet thin phone. Now you have a large and FAT phone. lol

I'll rather have extra slim batteries on hand. Speaking of battery, I have yet to properly test the longevity of the OEM battery in my Note. Being that I have it plugged in during my ride and also at work, but I just may try it. Probably won't last a day since I'm a heavy user, although some have mentioned that theirs lasts for a long time.

TS

• Like 1

No kidding, yikes i just say it on Amazon. Wow. While its true that it will give you (theoretically) twice the battery life as the OEM one, it just makes the phone look so damn fat and weird looking. It just defeats the purpose of having a large but yet thin phone. Now you have a large and FAT phone. lol

I'll rather have extra slim batteries on hand. Speaking of battery, I have yet to properly test the longevity of the OEM battery in my Note. Being that I have it plugged in during my ride and also at work, but I just may try it. Probably won't last a day since I'm a heavy user, although some have mentioned that theirs lasts for a long time.

TS

ya know i thought the same thing when i first bought extra batteries for my epic... i bout a couple extra batteries but the battery life on FROYO and Gingerbread was so awful i finally bit the bullet and bought that monster, extended batteries have been a way of life i remember my old 6700 a brick of phone in and of itself but you added that extended battery and it became a monster titan and touch pro same thing... hopefully with the dual core and the battery saving aspects of Ice Cream Sandwich and later on Jelly bean, i can actually have a big phone without the big battery... will wait and see.

Also had an extended battery for my 6700. I didn't see any great difference between that and the battery I was replacing. Made me feel like I gave my money away.

ya know i thought the same thing when i first bought extra batteries for my epic... i bout a couple extra batteries but the battery life on FROYO and Gingerbread was so awful i finally bit the bullet and bought that monster, extended batteries have been a way of life i remember my old 6700 a brick of phone in and of itself but you added that extended battery and it became a monster titan and touch pro same thing... hopefully with the dual core and the battery saving aspects of Ice Cream Sandwich and later on Jelly bean, i can actually have a big phone without the big battery... will wait and see.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Also had an extended battery for my 6700. I didn't see any great difference between that and the battery I was replacing. Made me feel like I gave my money away.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

I dont remember what i was using i want to say it was one of nudedudes tweaks but i was getting some decent improvements with the extended battery