Analyst says Galaxy Note coming to Sprint.

pyroscott

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 17 January 2012

Los Angeles based analyst Paul Mueller is

quoted as saying “It will possibly be called the Galaxy Journal. But it is certainly coming to both Sprint and Verizon during the first half of the year.” when asked about the Galaxy Note.

While this is still certainly just a rumor, it provides hope for all those drooling over the tablet/phone hybrid. It's possible that Samsung released it on AT&T while working on the CDMA for the device to be released on Verizon and Sprint. Verizon and Sprint can gauge how it sells on AT&T before they release it. Maybe this is another of Sprint's LTE devices to be rolled out in 2012.

• Like 2

SprintFeed first leaked this story back on January 3rd. But it's now just starting to get traction. I hope it pans out. I could see myself getting that as my first LTE device. Although, the GS3 might be out by then. B)

• Like 1

I'm not sold on the name change to Samsung journal... When someone asks me what i'm carrying I would prefer to respond with "a note" than "a journal". Maybe that's my inner Clint Eastwood...

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 18 January 2012

LOL. The name is lame. But the Epic 4G Touch is a lame name too.

Maybe the Sprint version will be called the Epic LTE slab-o-phone?

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 19 January 2012

While I hope that the Note or whatever it will end up being called will come to Sprint, the same analyst also said Verizon would be the first carrier with the GSII, and that it would be called the Samsung Function. We know how that turned out...

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 3 February 2012

The size of the E4GT was shocking when it came out. I went in the store and thought "that behemoth is a phone?" but it certainly has done well and has inspired many other models to go bigger. I'm sure the Note/Journal will as well.

• Like 1

The size of the E4GT was shocking when it came out. I went in the store and thought "that behemoth is a phone?" but it certainly has done well and has inspired many other models to go bigger. I'm sure the Note/Journal will as well.

I remember that about the Evo when it came out. It was substantially larger than anything else before it. I remember everyone was aghast when they saw it the first time. It was massive.

Now, my sons Evo next to my E4GT, it looks kind of small.

Sent from Tapatalk App

The videos ove at Mobile Tech Review on the Note are impressive to say the least. Yeah it does look big, but they said the same about the EVO 4G, Photon 4G etc when they came out. I am waiting to see this device in person to determine if it looks bad holding up to your face making a call. lol Still the stylus and bigger screen is something I like.

• 2 months later...

The videos ove at Mobile Tech Review on the Note are impressive to say the least. Yeah it does look big, but they said the same about the EVO 4G, Photon 4G etc when they came out. I am waiting to see this device in person to determine if it looks bad holding up to your face making a call. lol Still the stylus and bigger screen is something I like.

• Like 1

I was just told a few minutes ago by a buddy over in AF about this. This couldn't have come at a better time, I was going to get the AT&T one this Thursday as a b'day present and if this is true then I rather wait for the Sprint version, whether 4G or not. (But I doubt it won't be 3G only, most likely 4G LTE if they do get it.)

As I mentioned over in you tube, i wonder if anyone remembers when the iphone appeared in a similar ad and how long thereafter the device was actually available. It would be cool to compare and come up with a similar timeframe (if this is indeed the Note)

man, if sprint gets this qbking is going to hack the living daylights out of it. I think I am about to cry as excited as i am lol

TS

• Like 2

I was just told a few minutes ago by a buddy over in AF about this. This couldn't have come at a better time, I was going to get the AT&T one this Thursday as a b'day present and if this is true then I rather wait for the Sprint version, whether 4G or not. (But I doubt it won't be 3G only, most likely 4G LTE if they do get it.)

As I mentioned over in you tube, i wonder if anyone remembers when the iphone appeared in a similar ad and how long thereafter the device was actually available. It would be cool to compare and come up with a similar timeframe (if this is indeed the Note)

man, if sprint gets this qbking is going to hack the living daylights out of it. I think I am about to cry as excited as i am lol

TS

I did a quick search on google to see if i could find out how longer it took for the iPhone to become available after sprint did something like this but no info that i could find. If anyone else can find something I'd love to see it. However log it takes I want one!, I doubt it will be 3G since the note is LTE over at AT&T so why wouldn't it be on Sprints shinny new LTE network?

I did a quick search on google to see if i could find out how longer it took for the iPhone to become available after sprint did something like this but no info that i could find. If anyone else can find something I'd love to see it. However log it takes I want one!, I doubt it will be 3G since the note is LTE over at AT&T so why wouldn't it be on Sprints shinny new LTE network?

Because it hasn't been tested in Sprint's LTE testing lab.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Because it hasn't been tested in Sprint's LTE testing lab.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Assuming a 90 day exclusivity on AT&T we still have until the middle of May until Sprint can launch it. Plenty of time for testing before a possible launch. This could be a flagship device and sprint would be making a huge mistake to make it 3G only.

That's not quite how testing schedules work. Especially on a device that has never been on CDMA. An accelerated lab schedule for a device that already runs on a similar network would be more like 30 to 45 days. But given this device has never been in a network like Sprints, it would likely be longer. And then, after testing, the quickest it could get to market is another 30 days. They don't start final assembly plans until after lab testing.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

That's not quite how testing schedules work. Especially on a device that has never been on CDMA. An accelerated lab schedule for a device that already runs on a similar network would be more like 30 to 45 days. But given this device has never been in a network like Sprints, it would likely be longer. And then, after testing, the quickest it could get to market is another 30 days. They don't start final assembly plans until after lab testing.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Its conceivable that Sprint has had their hands on the device since February just waiting for the agreement with AT&T to run out. Robert would know more but either way i'm foaming at the mouth hoping that this device drops soon.

Its conceivable that Sprint has had their hands on the device since February just waiting for the agreement with AT&T to run out. Robert would know more but either way i'm foaming at the mouth hoping that this device drops soon.

I do hope the Note comes to Sprint sooner than later. We have seen the LTE Lab/FIT device reports and schedule through September. So it would have had to be a new decision, and then be slotted to get into the LTE labs. However, if it was not a LTE device, then it wouldn't go through the LTE lab and FIT testing.

I think the Note is a very exciting device. However, I don't put much hope in a LTE Note hitting Sprint soon. And further, I think by the time it could get to market, the Note will be too old. Might as well try for the first round of the next GSIII based Note. If I am wrong, I will still be very happy! :)

Robert