HTC Pre-Order Thread

unccjester

The more I talk about the evolte the more excited I get. To this day the most excited I have ever been for a phone was for the og evo, my excitement for the evolte is getting pretty close to that.

• Like 3

+1 Im sitting this one out also. Waiting to see end of yr or early next yrs releases.

I am sitting this one out as well. My EVO3D serves my purposes fine for now and Austin has pretty decent wimax coverage. I am holding off for a phone that will support multiple LTE bands and waiting for maturity in Sprint's LTE network. Also because I don't get an upgrade until Apr. 1st 2013.

• Like 1

I am sitting this one out as well. My EVO3D serves my purposes fine for now and Austin has pretty decent wimax coverage. I am holding off for a phone that will support multiple LTE bands and waiting for maturity in Sprint's LTE network. Also because I don't get an upgrade until Apr. 1st 2013.

Yeah, that last part will hold you back a bit, won't it? ;)

Edited by unccjester

I pre-ordered with Best Buy yesterday since I signed up with their $50 GC/Savings for upgrading a few months ago, so It's knocking $50 bucks off the price. I've never pre-ordered a phone before, but it was right at my upgrade date and I've been using a second hand Kyocera Echo since I dropped my HTC Hero in the toilet months ago.

The upgrades over the One X ended up being the clincher. I'm not crazy about not being able to remove the battery, but no memory card slot would have been the deal breaker.

Also, thanks for the update on the LTE coverage coming to Orlando in round two, complete with the map. That made a big difference as well. I live between Orlando and Daytona (both have Wi-Max) and do not get current Sprint 4G coverage, but it looks like I will be included in the LTE coverage, so that's a huge plus.

• Like 1

Well' date=' sprint has officially confirmed the 18th launch date.

Not sure why they were so unsure of the launch date.[/quote']

Sounds like deliveries are going to come down to the wire.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

ast updated: 05/09/2012 Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking # APX325CKT HTC EVO 4G LTE 1 2012-05-07 Status: Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. Sprint is working to have shipments begin arriving on May 18th, thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

No kidding. The logistics of launching a new device must be a nightmare.

Very impressive that they were able to push up the launch date by a month.

March 15th the Sprint Galaxy Nexus cleared the FCC

Sprint seemed to be targeting a April 15th launch and couldn't pull it off - ended up launching April 22nd.

April 12th the EVO 4G LTE cleared the FCC

Sprint launches on May 18th! Faster than the Galaxy Nexus which wasn't even an all new phone like the EVO is.

Obviously, this new EVO phone is very important for Sprint.

• Like 2

Everything I want this month has been pre-ordered. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas and this year, Best-Buy is Santa. By the end of next week I should have both my new phone, and Diablo 3, and my wife won't hear from me for a month (unless she texts me on the new phone).

• Like 5

The Evo LTE can now be pre-ordered from Wirefly for $119!!! I canceled my Sprint preorder and ordered this morning. If you want to do the same, ask for the escalation department when you call Sprint. I had to go thru 5 people to finally cancel. Credit takes 7-10 business days.

http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/Spe...f2ee5cbbfc6cb8

No kidding. The logistics of launching a new device must be a nightmare.

Very impressive that they were able to push up the launch date by a month.

March 15th the Sprint Galaxy Nexus cleared the FCC

Sprint seemed to be targeting a April 15th launch and couldn't pull it off - ended up launching April 22nd.

April 12th the EVO 4G LTE cleared the FCC

Sprint launches on May 18th! Faster than the Galaxy Nexus which wasn't even an all new phone like the EVO is.

Obviously, this new EVO phone is very important for Sprint.

They are betting everything on it. Sprint has to retain a very high percentage of those OG EVO customers coming off contract. If they retained EVO customers at the same rate as Nextel customers, that would be very, very bad. Cash flow, cash flow, cash flow is what Sprint is banking all their plans on. Any deviation to that could be catastrophic.

Is anyone else shocked at the EVO pricing? They are doing everything they can to give these suckers away, practically. For the hottest device of the year to date. Amazing.

Robert

• Like 1

They are betting everything on it. Sprint has to retain a very high percentage of those OG EVO customers coming off contract. If they retained EVO customers at the same rate as Nextel customers, that would be very, very bad. Cash flow, cash flow, cash flow is what Sprint is banking all their plans on. Any deviation to that could be catastrophic.

Robert

We don't need no Catastrophes with Sprint right now. And they sure made a good move to release the device one month sooner than originally planned. The original EVO purchasers were eligible for upgrades last month or sooner.

Just got this update to my EVO LTE order:

Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

• Like 3

I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy as well. You just can't beat $100 in gift cards! Also, I have a feeling that they are going to lite up some LTE goodness on 5/18 (at least stop blocking the new phones from finding the LTE sites). They pushed up the release date an entire month on the new Evo and they are releasing the lte hotspot on the same day so it makes sense that they might offically launch LTE. I hope that sprint proves me right since I live in Houston! :)

I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy as well. You just can't beat $100 in gift cards! Also, I have a feeling that they are going to lite up some LTE goodness on 5/18. They pushed up the release date an entire month on the new Evo and they are releasing the lte hotspot on the same day. I hope that sprint proves me right since I live in Houston! :)

If HTC was able to do the update on the devices before shipping them out, then it's possible that LTE sites that are "On-Air" may stop being blocked on the 18th. Otherwise, I think the LTE block will likely remain until the EVO LTE OTA comes out. It will be interesting to see this all unfold.

Robert

• Like 1

The Evo LTE can now be pre-ordered from Wirefly for $119!!! I canceled my Sprint preorder and ordered this morning. If you want to do the same, ask for the escalation department when you call Sprint. I had to go thru 5 people to finally cancel. Credit takes 7-10 business days.

http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/Spe...f2ee5cbbfc6cb8

This is very intriguing. Since I only reserved with Best Buy I don't have to worry about canceling. With the $10 Google Wallet credit this is about $40 better than the BB offer with the $50 Gift card.

Giving the phones away? 1st we really don't know what it costs to produce one of these phones. 2nd have you looked at your phone bill lately?

With all the back door bill backs and network funding that may be going on I would think Sprint is leveraged to the max and someone is investment spending in a big way.

I wonder how many Sprint 4G LTE sites will be on line May 18th. And how long 4g lte phone owners will give Sprint to light up.

And on a different note why is Sprint allowing leaks to this Web Site or any other. It seems like gorilla marketing. Effective way of creating a buzz I guess.

I certainly don't want to come across disrespectful to the moderators their hard work or their incredible networking knowledge. Cause I think their intentions are great. But I don't trust the Sprint machine. You don't get paid 11 million in bonuses minus the iphone rebate unless you are one "creative" manager. I'm hoping Sprint can pull this off but they must be walking a very fine line.

This is very intriguing. Since I only reserved with Best Buy I don't have to worry about canceling. With the $10 Google Wallet credit this is about $40 better than the BB offer with the $50 Gift card.

I wonder if that Google Wallet credit is going to be universal. Too bad it isn't the full $50 credit they offered to the GNex purchases.

Edited by echo4papa

Giving the phones away? 1st we really don't know what it costs to produce one of these phones. 2nd have you looked at your phone bill lately?

With all the back door bill backs and network funding that may be going on I would think Sprint is leveraged to the max and someone is investment spending in a big way.

I wonder how many Sprint 4G LTE sites will be on line May 18th. And how long 4g lte phone owners will give Sprint to light up.

And on a different note why is Sprint allowing leaks to this Web Site or any other. It seems like gorilla marketing. Effective way of creating a buzz I guess.

I certainly don't want to come across disrespectful to the moderators their hard work or their incredible networking knowledge. Cause I think their intentions are great. But I don't trust the Sprint machine. You don't get paid 11 million in bonuses minus the iphone rebate unless you are one "creative" manager. I'm hoping Sprint can pull this off but they must be walking a very fine line.

From everything I've read, US carriers are heavily subsidizing these phones. We've gotten a little spoiled with the $199 price point. People in other countries are paying hundreds more than we do here. Of course they are not on 2 year contracts with locked phones either.

Since I don't have an upgrade til April 2013, I'll be lurking on Craigslist for any unhappy Sprint customers wanting to sell their EVO LTE phones.

Who knows, you might see me selling mine if it turns out that I like the Samsung G3 better. :D