Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

Can we expect the same for Corpus Christi? Thanks Robert

Sites should be coming live this summer, yes. As far as a launch, more of an unknown at this point, but probably not till late in the year.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

The RGV is supposedly slightly ahead of the rest of the South Texas market.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

It is horrible that sprint has mislead me so long on this lte service. Corpus Christi was one of the first markets to receive wimax service. Back then I purchased the evo wimax phone, then evo 3d, then I thought I was upgrading again with evo lte when it came out and have regretted this ever since. I was mislead by Sprint telling me I would have lte in corpus in 2012, then January or febuary 2013 at the latest. Now it with statments being made about end of year it may not even come til 2014 from this track record of false promisses. I should have kept my wimax phone since its still available here. Been with sprint over 16 years. Sprint took away premier status benifits from us, then I got a new account now about 3 years and I'm ready to switch because of these lies. I realize certain things are beyond control, but telling me I will have this service and selling me a phone which dreatically slowed me down is really horrible. I know this is not the place to vent, but Sprint has really let me down. Not good business ethics at all.

Mike...I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, Sprint commissioned sales people cannot be trusted any more than any other commissioned sales people.

They definitely should not be trusted to provide any accurate info. They will tell you what you want to hear to make a sale. In most cases, they are not lying directly. They really have no idea when LTE is coming. So they make something up to make a sale and hope it works out.

Commissioned sales people for other carriers are no different, I'm afraid. You can pick up a WiMax hotspot for pretty cheap to help tie you over until LTE arrives.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

First Network Vision site Accepted in the South Texas market this week. It's 3G only for the first one. But it's a good start. I will post it later when I can to the Sponsor maps.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I see... so after that site then the rest of the sites will be LTE right? Do you have any clue how long it takes to upgrade each site?

Not necessarily, we don't know whether LTE will be enabled or not. Some markets only have 3G upgrades enabled for several months before LTE starts to come online. That's typically in the Alcatel Lucent markets, and this is an Ericsson market so that's unlikely, but anything is possible.

The time to upgrade a site is highly variable, there are many variables involved. It can be anywhere from under a week to several months.

i'm assuming this is in mcallen?

if so, that's really good news since the market was not even supposed to start till the Q3

Where did that information come from? The market did start somewhat early, but I don't believe it was slated to start in Q3.

We actually found out that the market was underway some time ago.

It's not down 2 updates. You're misunderstanding what an update is.

The Sprint maps only show upgrades that have occurred in the last 6 months. Once an upgrade is six months old, it falls off. This is a good thing, as only the most current info is shown and helps you keep track of what's going on. Additionally, the old ones that fall off are legacy upgrades. And new ones that show up are likely Network Vision upgrades.

Additionally, even though they fall off the map, the upgrades installed are still very much there and operating.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

5 more updates since :)

First Network Vision site Accepted in the South Texas market this week. It's 3G only for the first one. But it's a good start. I will post it later when I can to the Sponsor maps.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

any other sites accepted?

where was the first one at after all?

Edited by juant87

Hope gets moving soon and your statistics correct sprints 3G is unbearable 100kbps to 400kbps takes me about 1 to 3 minutes just to load a page. Using a app on my phone just to load takes at least a min. This was a strong market for sprint long before 4g and early 3g don't know if that is the case anymore. Some of family has Verzion get 2mbps to 3 mbps on 3G and 20mbps to 30 mpbs on 4G LTE.

Locations of Network Vision upgraded sites are shown in the S4GRU Sponsor section. We show maps of all Sprint sites and all NV complete sites there. For more information about how to become a sponsor, visit this link: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

With That leak being put out with more LTE sites coming available 4-12-13. Any updates on the Rio Grande Valley?

To put it quite simply, if that leak meant anything for the South Texas market, then it would have mentioned the South Texas market.

AJ

• Like 1

I know that leak means nothing but if there is an update information then maybe there is more information coming out about other areas not just that.

To put it quite simply, if that leak meant anything for the South Texas market, then it would have mentioned the South Texas market.

AJ

I know that leak means nothing but if there is an update information then maybe there is more information coming out about other areas not just that.

If we had that kind of leaked info in advance, we would report it. What we do have, though, is far more valuable than the expectation of some largely meaningless press release.

We have mapped over 10,000 confirmed completed or in progress sites across the country -- including several in the South Texas market. If you would like to view that map to see deployment evolve in your market, you should consider becoming an S4GRU sponsor.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

AJ

• Like 1

My apologies. The file size was too big. Go figure!

Speedtest.net App

Ping = 1632ms

Download = 0.07Mbps

Upload = 0.15Mbps

Where was this taken?

I just ran a test and this is what i get in laredo (off peak hours):

Download: 1.29 mbps

Upload: 0.67 mbps

Ping: 195 ms

sucks that iphones don't tell you the network type, but i know we're running on EVDO REV:A8