Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

Hey Robert, any update for South Texas? Laredo is still pretty lonely.

Thanks!

Not yet. I scour reports almost every day looking for any accepted sites.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I keep checking the acceptance reports for the first site completed. None yet. Maybe tonight? You may notice some improvements from some sites even before they get formally accepted.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Where do you post when you know something about the acceptance report?

Thanks

Where do you post when you know something about the acceptance report?

Thanks

Typically in this Sponsor thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-comments-related-to-nv-sites-complete-thread/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

is there any work being done in the Kingsville area?

Thanks

They should be beginning soon, if they haven't already started.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I don't know if this is just me or if it has anything to do with the rollout happening in this area but I've been having pretty bad service the last week or two all around the Mcallen/Edinburg/Pharr (all Jackson Road) area. 3g is pretty much unusable. It's extremely rare when it hits anything past 0.50mb and is usually below that.

Just wondering if this might be related to an update or just legacy infrastructure that hasn't been updated.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is just me or if it has anything to do with the rollout happening in this area but I've been having pretty bad service the last week or two all around the Mcallen/Edinburg/Pharr (all Jackson Road) area. 3g is pretty much unusable. It's extremely rare when it hits anything past 0.50mb and is usually below that.

Just wondering if this might be related to an update or just legacy infrastructure that hasn't been updated.

During the Christmas holiday I got my mom a phone and the network was so bad that Best Buy couldn't activate the new phone. I waited 45 minutes at the store then left with the phone inactive until it automatically completed 2hrs later.

Data is unusable to say the least.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think its just you. Try changing your name and do a little Facial surgery add a few tattoos. Then check service, it'll probably be better by then. Let's hope :D

bananakeg, what you actually meant was "I don't know if this is just my experience..."

The quality of your cellphone service has nothing to do with you, personally, so runagun was just making a good natured joke about that.

AJ

bananakeg, what you actually meant was "I don't know if this is just my experience..."

The quality of your cellphone service has nothing to do with you, personally, so runagun was just making a good natured joke about that.

AJ

Alright

weird...checked sprint again and now laredo is down 2 updates wtf?

It's not down 2 updates. You're misunderstanding what an update is.

The Sprint maps only show upgrades that have occurred in the last 6 months. Once an upgrade is six months old, it falls off. This is a good thing, as only the most current info is shown and helps you keep track of what's going on. Additionally, the old ones that fall off are legacy upgrades. And new ones that show up are likely Network Vision upgrades.

Additionally, even though they fall off the map, the upgrades installed are still very much there and operating.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I have been experiencing the same problem. Data is mostly unusable in Mission and several areas around McAllen. Something has definitely changed. I have had Sprint service for almost 15 years and never had so much trouble. They were once the premier service in the RGV...

I was also guessing that some of this trouble may be due to an upgrade in progress. Is it productive to call in these concerns?

It is so bad, I am considering buying out of my contract on two phones to move to a useable network.

I have been experiencing the same problem. Data is mostly unusable in Mission and several areas around McAllen. Something has definitely changed. I have had Sprint service for almost 15 years and never had so much trouble. They were once the premier service in the RGV...

I was also guessing that some of this trouble may be due to an upgrade in progress. Is it productive to call in these concerns?

It is so bad, I am considering buying out of my contract on two phones to move to a useable network.

Work is under way in your area. Some of it may be related to the upgrade to Network Vision. However, the state of the legacy network is atrocious in most markets. It will get better, on site at a time.

I would definitely call Sprint and get a ticket opened. You need to make sure you get a ticket number.

Reporting it is a good idea, because you don't know the order of which sites get upgraded first. If yours is one of the first ones, then reporting it is waste of time and you will likely see improvement in 15-45 days.

If your site is one of the ones in the middle or end of the upgrade, they can respond to your ticket and add additional 3G EVDO carrier cards at your site and possibly get additional T1 lines. And in this case, getting a ticket open may help the situation.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

why am I getting 1 sec ping but only 34kb download. (Kingsville TX 3g eHRPD)

1 second is 1000ms. Which is dog slow.

Just asked one of my friends who recently became a Sprint Service Rep for Laredo:

Translation:

Hey man, now that you're inside the company, when the hell are we getting 4g in Laredo?

December

It will probably not launch until the end of the year. But there will be a few sites live this summer.

It will probably not launch until the end of the year. But there will be a few sites live this summer.

Can we expect the same for Corpus Christi? Thanks Robert