Cyanogen Mod 9 (ICS) is coming soon to the Epic 4G Touch

pyroscott

ALPHA 2 [2/16]:

--Flash same way as before

--If you get a bootloop, WIPE DATA!

-WIFI fixed

-4G's fixed (Turn on by going to Settings->More... -> 4G settings )

-Heat issue MUCH better

-Notification LED fixed

-MMS sends but doesn't always download

-youtube is broken :-/ but browser and gmail work!

-Screen occasionally gets pixelated

-Signal Bars are not accurate still

• Like 2

ALPHA 2 [2/16]:

--Flash same way as before

--If you get a bootloop, WIPE DATA!

-WIFI fixed

-4G's fixed (Turn on by going to Settings->More... -> 4G settings )

-Heat issue MUCH better

-Notification LED fixed

-MMS sends but doesn't always download

-youtube is broken :-/ but browser and gmail work!

-Screen occasionally gets pixelated

-Signal Bars are not accurate still

4G working on the E4GT? Awesome! Now hopefully soon more devices from Sprint will get CM9 upgrades.

Did you try it out yet?

Not yet. I've been busy dealing with the fall out from the SFO article since I posted it. Going to dinner with friends tonight. But I hope to stay up late and try it out tonight after I get home.

Not yet. I've been busy dealing with the fall out from the SFO article since I posted it. Going to dinner with friends tonight. But I hope to stay up late and try it out tonight after I get home.

Hopefully I will be playing with a galaxy nexus tomorrow night... :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fall out? Sprint not happy about you outing San Francisco?

Hmm, after I read what I just wrote, it sounds kinda bad... but I'm going with it anyway.

Fall out? Sprint not happy about you outing San Francisco?

Hmm' date=' after I read what I just wrote, it sounds kinda bad... but I'm going with it anyway.[/quote']

:rofl:

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

I've just read through all the posts about the new FB09 ICS build and watched the two videos and I've decided against the install. I think I'm gonna wait and see what the next build is like. Now that the version has been leaked, I expect Calkulin is going to be all over it (as well as many others). I imagine there will be a Calk ICS ROM within 30 days now. But maybe CM9 will be in a much better shape for E4GT by then, too.

It's only a matter of time before everyone is releasing an ICS ROM for the E4GT. Cyanogen should be out in less than a month with a stable copy as well as stock. Caulk is probably dead to the world right now working sun up to sun down on his ICS ROM to beat everyone.

• Like 1

theres a group currently fixing bugs in the ICS leak but I'm holding out for CM9.

everyone will forget touchwiz exists after the next CM9 build is released.

And that's what I'm looking forward to ultimately. TouchWiz, what??? What's that? I can't wait to hear those words.

Yea, I'm a TW hater. Its true.

- Robert

And that's what I'm looking forward to ultimately. TouchWiz, what??? What's that? I can't wait to hear those words.

- Robert

I'm hoping that the next versions of Android get better with displays and formats so Sense, TW and Motoblur become obsolete and Android can be a stand alone OS.

I'm hoping that the next versions of Android get better with displays and formats so Sense, TW and Motoblur become obsolete and Android can be a stand alone OS.

I remember reading approx a year ago that Google was going to start requiring any OEM with version ICS and later have a native Android version setting. So if you get a HTC Sense or Samsung TW device, you can just go into settings and turn those ROMs off. I wonder if that ended up getting scrapped? I really liked the thought of that.

Now I just read that Calkulin is releasing his ICS tomorrow. So now I'm torn. Although I don't like how the status bar on Calks ICS looks like TouchWiz. I would still need to run a theme over it. I might try Alpha 3 of CM9 though. I'm going to do a little reading tonight when I get home.

Thanks autoprime for the update.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

• Like 1

- Robert

No touchwiz here... lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

testing latest cm9 build.. wifi, bt, 3g, 4g, gps, camera, etc all working. youtube finally plays.. but the video has a green line going thru. mms is still broken. has cwm packaged with it so no more needing to odin back n forth.

ive been running ics on my nexus and what's on the e4gt isnt too far off... it's pretty awesome how well it works.

should see a release later today with what i just mentioned above.

testing latest cm9 build.. wifi' date=' bt, 3g, 4g, gps, camera, etc all working. youtube finally plays.. but the video has a green line going thru. mms is still broken. has cwm packaged with it so no more needing to odin back n forth.

ive been running ics on my nexus and what's on the e4gt isnt too far off... it's pretty awesome how well it works.

should see a release later today with what i just mentioned above.[/quote']

Thanks for the update. I only use MMS a couple times per year, as long as SMS works, should be enough for me. I may make the plunge on the next update.

Posted via Forum Runner

• 2 weeks later...

E4GT users will have the option of running a 98.9% complete CM9 build.

hardware acceleration, video recording, 3g, 4g, wifi, youtube, sd card mounting etc etc etc.. all working :)

CM9 itself is not yet finished.. a few menu options will still need to be added etc. Still looking like April/May for 100% complete build... but this weeks release will be all you really need until then. I'll post when I'm allowed to ;)

E4GT users will have the option of running a 98.9% complete CM9 build.

hardware acceleration' date=' video recording, 3g, 4g, wifi, youtube, sd card mounting etc etc etc.. all working :)

CM9 itself is not yet finished.. a few menu options will still need to be added etc. Still looking like April/May for 100% complete build... but this weeks release will be all you really need until then. I'll post when I'm allowed to ;)[/quote']

I'm ready for this update. I'm moving over this time when you post the link. Thanks!!

Posted via Forum Runner