Athens, GA LTE

danielholt

As a crow flies, I live 2.6 miles from a live, completed LTE tower as indicated on the completed LTE maps on here. I will not receive my nexus until Friday, so I have been unable to test thusfar. Does anyone know if I will be able to reach this tower being almost 3 miles away?

As a crow flies, I live 2.6 miles from a live, completed LTE tower as indicated on the completed LTE maps on here. I will not receive my nexus until Friday, so I have been unable to test thusfar. Does anyone know if I will be able to reach this tower being almost 3 miles away?

It depends on your elevation relative to the tower, the foliage in between, what kind of structure and windows you have in your home, etc. However, you likely will get a LTE signal 3 miles away. But the problem you will more likely encounter that will prevent you from connecting is this: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-167-sprint-intentionally-blocking-new-lte-devices-from-accessing-live-lte-sites/

Robert

• Like 1

Also, it depends on if this is the tower you currently connect to. If your phone is already connecting to this tower normally from 3 miles away, it should also be able to connect to LTE when it becomes active because 1X, EV, and LTE will all run on the 1900MHz band so you should be golden.

Where is this "deploy list" that you guys see? How do you know when an LTE tower is going up?

Since you are a sponsor, go to the Interactive S4GRU Maps forum and click on the NV sites complete thread. From there you can see the maps of active NV towers up with a legend on the bottom of whether they have 3G or 4G up.

Since you are a sponsor, go to the Interactive S4GRU Maps forum and click on the NV sites complete thread. From there you can see the maps of active NV towers up with a legend on the bottom of whether they have 3G or 4G up.

Thanks. I understand you can view the interactive maps there, but I was under the impression there is a list somewhere of future towers/deployments? I don't really understand the interactive maps with the whole "3g", "3g/4g", "3g only", "3g and 4g"...

"3g means that 3g may be complete, but 4g may also." "4g means that 4g may be complete, but 3g may also." Sorry, I just don't understand what this means, lol.

In the premier sponsors forum there are maps with construction dates for each tower in 10 or so markets that are being worked on now/soon. Robert likely can better explain what the other map means but I will try. The map represents information regarding which towers are active with what. If the Tower says 3g than information says 3g is up but not 4g yet and vis versa "may" is used for all because Robert is likely limited on time to visit each site to confirm personally each site. His information is reliable however and many of the sites have otherwise been confirmed by others. So if you do find a site working make sure to tell everyone in the forum

20mb down... 9 1/2 mob upload ... Athens.

Wait what? :twitch:

I am so jealous of you right now. I have visited 4 sites so far in the southern part of atlanta and have yet to get an lte signal.

Im amazed at those speeds given such a weak signal (-107dBm). If this is what we have to look forward to, it will be epic.

That is really good for having that low of a signal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Now these are believable screen shots because the upload speeds are realistic. Some of the speedtests out there of Sprint LTE have upload speeds that exceed even the best lab/FIT speeds, which make them suspect. Thanks DanielHolt for the info. Very exciting.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

• Like 1