Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE

Abyss19707

I was going to purchase the EVO LTE but didn't. I'm going to put that on hold until I find more info on the Photon successor. The stock ICS looks fantastic. I like how the on screen buttons blends with the background. That's how the Galaxy Nexus should have been. It definitely will need an awesome screen to compete with the likes of the EVO LTE and the GS3 for me to consider it.

I'd be somewhat disappointed if Sprint's follow-up to the Photon ends up being a Qwerty phone. If it does end up being a slide-out qwerty, I'll likely get it for the family member on my secondary line, but not for myself. I'm slightly concerned about the lack of rumors, considering there were rumors being leaked about the Photon being leaked around the same time last year. The Photon was released in late July. Deep down, I'm hoping they'll release a phone that is a sister phone to the RAZR HD and also a sister phone to the Droid 4. That would be the absolute perfect scenario for me. Otherwise, I may end up going with LTEvo or the LG Eclipse.

Quite honestly, I don't think the Photon Q is going to be released next month. I think the release for Motorola's Sprint superphone won't be until August at the earliest. I think next month is actually reserved for the 3 LG phones being reported (e.g. LG Eclipse superphone, LG Cayenne midrange, and LG 710 low end). There are way more leaks on all of those phones than the Mopho Q.

Maybe the physical keyboard isn't completely dead after all.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Maybe the physical keyboard isn't completely dead after all.

There will always be that small fraction of customers that will rather have a physical keyboard but still though keyboards are dead.

There will always be that small fraction of customers that will rather have a physical keyboard but still though keyboards are dead.

I was one of those people...for awhile. I was a BlackBerry User and had a tough time transitioning to the iPhone virtual keyboards. By the time I jumped from ATT to Sprint when the EVO came out, I still was on the fence about virtual keyboards. I was not a fan of the tiny iPhone keyboards. I have big meaty paws.

However, with the larger Android screen sizes and the good Gingerbread keyboard, and the even better ICS keyboard, I no longer dream of physical keyboards any more. Whenever I use a physical keyboard, I feel like I'm slowed down and my error rate goes up. Ill take a good quality virtual keyboard now any day of the week. ICS keyboard FTW!

I was one of those people...for awhile. I was a BlackBerry User and had a tough time transitioning to the iPhone virtual keyboards. By the time I jumped from ATT to Sprint when the EVO came out, I still was on the fence about virtual keyboards. I was not a fan of the tiny iPhone keyboards. I have big meaty paws.

However, with the larger Android screen sizes and the good Gingerbread keyboard, and the even better ICS keyboard, I no longer dream of physical keyboards any more. Whenever I use a physical keyboard, I feel like I'm slowed down and my error rate goes up. Ill take a good quality virtual keyboard now any day of the week. ICS keyboard FTW!

I was one of those same people as well. I absolutely had to have a physical keyboard and that was the end of it. My speed and accuracy was unmatched compared to using an onscreen keyboard. But what can I say, the screen size of the og evo really attracted me and I decided to bite. It took a while getting use to it but once I did there wasn't any looking back. Also with the advancement of swiftkey especially the latest swiftkey beta my speed and accuracy is amazing. There is no way I will ever go back to a physical keyboard.

• Like 2

To add though, if the new photon only comes with a physical keyboard then a lot of current photon owners are going to be pissed.

Hmm, don't know what to do now!

I was waiting for this because I don't want another Samsung antenna/radio and don't want the EVO's non removable battery/goofy looks.

I don't want to, but I might have to stick with my craigslist Nexus S 4G until the next round of phones in 2013.

I was one of those same people as well. I absolutely had to have a physical keyboard and that was the end of it. My speed and accuracy was unmatched compared to using an onscreen keyboard. But what can I say' date=' the screen size of the og evo really attracted me and I decided to bite. It took a while getting use to it but once I did there wasn't any looking back. Also with the advancement of swiftkey especially the latest swiftkey beta my speed and accuracy is amazing. There is no way I will ever go back to a physical keyboard.[/quote']

I thought I was one of those people. That's why I bought the OG Epic over the Evo. But it turned out that even on the smaller screen of the epic, it's more convenient to use the onscreen keyboard. I usually forget I even have a slide out keyboard. I'll happily take the larger screens of a galaxy s III over a phone with a keyboard.

Even after not having a QWERTY for almost two years(HTC Mogul), I still believe that physical keyboards provide a better, more accurate typing experience. From using the likes of Swiftkey, Swype, and the Windows Phone on-screen keyboard, typing with accuracy(and not just auto-correcting) is something that I only achieve on a HW keyboard.

• Like 2

Even after not having a QWERTY for almost two years(HTC Mogul), I still believe that physical keyboards provide a better, more accurate typing experience. From using the likes of Swiftkey, Swype, and the Windows Phone on-screen keyboard, typing with accuracy(and not just auto-correcting) is something that I only achieve on a HW keyboard.

I'm with you on that...then again, I've used the Mogul, the Touch Pro and the OG Epic...so the SIII will be a radical departure for me (one reason I returned the OG Evo was the lack of a keyboard).

To add though, if the new photon only comes with a physical keyboard then a lot of current photon owners are going to be pissed.

Have a feeling it is going to. Guess my wife deciding she wanted an Iphone over her EVO 4GLTE was a good thing. Am loving the EVO so far. My Photon did earn the right as the phone I held on to the longest with out changing. It will be missed but the EVO make it easy to move on. Just have to put my lapdock and carcharter on Craigslist. LOL

Still have 4 lines coming due within the next year for upgrades so we will see.

I can't say this as being true but seems and I didn't see a link at a quick glance through the forum http://www.bgr.com/2012/06/19/motorola-photon-q-sprint-qwerty-slider/

I had seen this a couple places. We had kicked around writing an article about what the "Q" could mean. I initially thought it could have been for "q-chat" or the qualcomm chip that had the sprint direct connect capability baked in and it would be a flagship phone with a ptt button, but AJ's analysis of past Motorola phones with a "Q" in the name indicated that it would likely be a QWERTY slider. We figured that this site is focused on facts rather than wild random thoughts to generate buzz and rumor only to be proved wrong when the phone came out.

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

If they do release this Motorola handset with the qwerty, I hope they have a second device waiting in the wings without. I gave up the physical keyboard when I switched from the Motorola Q to the original EVO and haven't looked back having test driven the Photon and currently the E4GT. While I would be interested to see a true follow up to the Photon, but won't give it a second glance if it has a physical keypad.

Now that Jelly Bean is upon us, hope the new Moto Photon phone includes Jelly Bean instead of ICS. However knowing the track record of Motorola, I doubt that will happen unless Sprint demands them to. No point of deploying an ICS phone when Jelly Bean is the next biggest thing and they still have time considering the phone probably won't get released until late summer but who knows.

if this thing has a keyboard, it will be my mom's next phone

If this thing has a keyboard it will be MY next phone. I was getting worried i was stuck with my Epic for a long time with no hope for anoher great phone.

I think it would be cool of sprint to release a high end direct connect phone. They need to look into 4g lte sdc smartphones.

A Sprint Razr Maxx HD with LTE and a dedicated PTT button. Yeah, I'd be all over that

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

A Sprint Razr Maxx HD with LTE and a dedicated PTT button. Yeah, I'd be all over that

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I realllllllyyyyy hope they make something like this. Its either that or a note 2 for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1