Sprint LTE Coverage Map - Dallas/Ft.Worth Market

S4GRU

Here is a Sprint 4G LTE coverage map of the live sites as of April 20, 2012 in the Sprint DFW Market. Darker green does not denote stronger coverage, only doubled up coverage.

gallery_1_2_26809.jpg

S4GRU Sponsors can use an interactive version of this map to zoom in and pan around by following this link: http://s4gru.com/ind...dallasft-worth/

• Like 3

Should be 34' date=' correct?[/quote']

I can't do a site count at the moment. I'm in the car. But the map was rendered based on the completed sites I had as of Midnight last night.

The whole map didn't render at first. I see the entire area now. Wow' date=' Fort Worth got the love! I hope they have more planned.[/quote']

Additional sites are going live every day. This is just a snapshot in time. We will update the map every week or so.

No Lewisville love yet? Hopefully it's not too much longer.

Lewisville will be getting coverage soon enough. Deployment is going hot and heavy over the whole market.

Is the coverage map for 4g LTE available for Houston and its surrounding area? Living in Sugar Land' date=' I fear LTE may not come as quickly as Downtown Houston.[/quote']

I am working on the Houston map next.

Robert

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Robert, do you sleep?? You're alway look working overtime and giving info and trying to cover all places :o

:tu:

Just an estime, how much miles in distance does the LTE Coverage reach from the antenna? In a clear line of sight. Or how big is the radius around the antenna.

Nervermind: I find the radius on the interactive map.

Edil

Robert, do you sleep?? You're alway look working overtime and giving info and trying to cover all places :o

:tu:

Just an estime, how much miles in distance does the LTE Coverage reach from the antenna? In a clear line of sight. Or how big is the radius around the antenna.

Nervermind: I find the radius on the interactive map.

Edil

The radius on the map is just a cut of point for the calculation. How far the coverage goes depends on tower height, weather, your phone, conductivity of the ground, height of phone, interference, and many others I cant think of right now. For line of sight potentially could get signal until the curvature of the earth blocks your los with the right equipment.

• Like 1

Thanks I just was looking for a theorical distance, I know there a lot of factors that can change the distansce and coverage.

There is no limit that I know of, we still get signal from the voyager spacecraft outside of our solar system. EMF is light, as long as you can collect enough of it to differentiate it from background light in that frequency you would be able to have "signal" I made a random cell tower for you with 100 mile radius so you can see the piratical limits with a cell phone https://cloudrf.com/gallery/index.php?id=43699

• Like 1

Although there are so many factors, you can plan from 3 to 6 miles radius on average.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Anything on NYC?

Only two NV sites active in NYC that we have received reports on. I expect more soon.

Only two NV sites active in NYC that we have received reports on. I expect more soon.

Thanks Robert. I hope the rollout can occur a lot faster that it is because NYC has A LOT of cell sites.

Edited by Wfmets45

Bummer. Went outside with a LG Viper and could not catch any tasty waves from the LTE tower a mile away.

As expected. But, how do you like the phone?

any news for the Bay Area yet? San Francisco, CA? Thanks

SF Bay Market deployment should begin in a few months. There has been a lot of permitting delays and red tape in this market. I know, shocking, right?

Robert

As expected. But, how do you like the phone?

Eh, I had hope since some dude on the sprint.com forums said he had service. (Damn lies, I tell ya!)

I like the phone. I may get it for my daughter to replace her Optimus.

• Like 1

Eh, I had hope since some dude on the sprint.com forums said he had service. (Damn lies, I tell ya!)

Good to hear. That will be a heck of a nice upgrade for her. Thx for the feedback.

Have you noticed that when compared to other phones the LG Viper has lower signal readings? I was playing with both the LG Viper and the Galaxy Nexus side by side and both had vastly different readings.