Google Voice voicemail question

mrknowitall526

So I'm really enjoying my unlocked Pixel 2.  I've activated Google Voice and conditional call forwarding and the visual voicemail app is working great.  The only thing that bothers me is the length of time it takes to get to the voicemail.  If I call my phone from my landline and don't answer, at the end of the Sprint ring, it goes to Google Voice and rings for another 20-30 seconds before the voicemail picks up.  Is there a way to change this?  I feel like if someone important was calling me and that happened, they'd just hang up after waiting for so long listening to the phone ring.

I don't think so, I have used GV voicemail for a few years and have never come across an option to configure that. But mine definitely doesn't go 20-30 seconds beyond the phone ringing.

-Mike

There's a do not disturb setting somewhere that you can turn on that will send calls straight to voicemail when they come in (when they are forwarded from your cell line).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There's a do not disturb setting somewhere that you can turn on that will send calls straight to voicemail when they come in (when they are forwarded from your cell line).

Sweet! Found it and now it works like I wanted. After Sprint finishes ringing it now goes straight to GV voicemail. No more 60+ seconds before voicemail. I feel like if I missed an important call someone would have just hung up and not left a message if they had to wait so long.

• Like 1