Nextel49

Sprint Tmobile merger Disc.

3 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

So what your saying is that 5G technology can replace some of this at a reasonable price?

I'm saying that, given that LTE can do so already, doing so with 5G should be a cakewalk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iansltx said:

I'm saying that, given that LTE can do so already, doing so with 5G should be a cakewalk.

OK I understand. If I’m not mistaken the fifth generation standards won’t be rolled out until 2020.

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

I dont see the point of these things. Mergers are not and should not be a matter of Democratic will. 

Except Delrahim doesn't seem to have an issue with any mergers. 

he said he didn’t see AT&T’s $85 billion acquisition of Time Warner as “a major antitrust problem.”

I don't like that he feels like anyone can merge with no repercussions. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2018 at 1:02 AM, JThorson said:

Except Delrahim doesn't seem to have an issue with any mergers. 

I don't like that he feels like anyone can merge with no repercussions. 

It seems that the DOJ has reached out to Sprint and T-Mobile MVNOs about the effects of the merger. Something tells me that one of the merger conditions will be that the pricing structure for MVNO be frozen at the current levels for let's say 3-4years. I also think that they will probably have another condition relating to coverage and 5G deployment targets within 3-4 years.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/doj-reaching-out-to-mvnos-amid-proposed-t-mobile-sprint-combination

Edited by bigsnake49

It seems that the DOJ has reached out to Sprint and T-Mobile MVNOs about the effects of the merger. Something tells me that one of the merger conditions will be that the pricing structure for MVNO be frozen at the current levels for let's say 3-4years. I also think that they will probably have another condition relating to coverage and 5G deployment targets within 3-4 years.
https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/doj-reaching-out-to-mvnos-amid-proposed-t-mobile-sprint-combination
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-us-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-justice-department-probes-t-mobile-sprint-merger-effect-on-smaller-wireless-companies-sources-idUSKCN1J328E interesting...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

I wonder if they will talk to actual smaller wireless companies that Sprint in particular roams on about the effect of the merger on them.

Edited by bigsnake49

I wonder if they will talk to actual smaller wireless companies that Sprint in particular roams on about the effect that the merger on them.
I'm actually in agreement with you. Because T-Mobile obviously has the larger Network for the most part and the two merging could definitely affect roaming agreements as far as I see.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk