Nextel49

Sprint Tmobile merger Disc.

1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

Of course not. They are trying to get a mega-merger of their own approved. It would be hilariously hypocritical if they were openly against Sprint and T-Mobile merging.

Verizon also does not care about the merger.

25 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Verizon also does not care about the merger.

I think that's because when it comes to 5G everyone is on their own path and are trying to accomplish what they set out to do with 5G and are looking way past just mobile. It's going to be a money maker since it can be connected to so many more things than just tablets and phones. Sprint and Tmo are more concerned with mobile which is not a area of rush for the Top 2.

1 hour ago, derrph said:

I think that's because when it comes to 5G everyone is on their own path and are trying to accomplish what they set out to do with 5G and are looking way past just mobile. It's going to be a money maker since it can be connected to so many more things than just tablets and phones. Sprint and Tmo are more concerned with mobile which is not a area of rush for the Top 2.

I wonder how many more people they think they can sign up beyond mobile. I know that everybody things there are a lot of money to be made in IoT but that is a totally unproven business case. From my previous forays in this area I can tell you that it is not a money maker because there is not a lot of data being passed back and forth. Maybe in 20-30 years when everybody is driving self driving cars and data needs to be exchanged between cars and the Traffic Controller there might be some money to be made but meanwhile, no.

The reason that neither Verizon nor AT&T are worried about this merger is that that even after the merger Verizon mostly and A&T to some degree are going to have twice as many postpaid subscribers as the New T-Mobile. Verizon's markings are still going to be fat and so will AT&T's. It will take a year to get the merger approved then about three years to fully integrate the two companies. Meanwhile the two behemoths will do everything in their power to poach postpaid subs from the new T-Mobile.it is imperative that the resulting company execute on all cylinders. from network integration and expansion to marketing to billing system integration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, derrph said:

There is nothing stopping the combined company from tackling both IoT and mobile though.

SPiIW5a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

The reason that neither Verizon nor AT&T are worried about this merger is that that even after the merger Verizon mostly and A&T to some degree are going to have twice as many postpaid subscribers as the New T-Mobile. Verizon's markings are still going to be fat and so will AT&T's. It will take a year to get the merger approved then about three years to fully integrate the two companies. Meanwhile the two behemoths will do everything in their power to poach postpaid subs from the new T-Mobile.it is imperative that the resulting company execute on all cylinders. from network integration and expansion to marketing to billing system integration.

I honestly don't see 5th generation Wireless technology replacing cable or Fiber Optic connections for a very long time. The technology is still in its infancy and I don't believe that anytime soon 5G will take away many if any subscribers from the current wire Technologies

Of course neither AT&T nor Verizon are contesting this because they know it will decrease competition in the market which has put so much pressure on their margins and networks both. 

1 hour ago, Thomas L. said:

Of course neither AT&T nor Verizon are contesting this because they know it will decrease competition in the market which has put so much pressure on their margins and networks both. 

Maybe, maybe not. Decreased competition doesnt always lead to higher margins for all players. 

16 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

There is nothing stopping the combined company from tackling both IoT and mobile though.

SPiIW5a.jpg

Speaking of IoT: http://www.sprint.com/iotfactory

Release: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-launches-groundbreaking-iot-factory-to-make-everyday-business-easier.htm

5 hours ago, RedSpark said:

I am kind of excited to check this out when I can sit down and explore. This seems along the lines of one of those innovation projects Sprint often undertakes but does not advert or open source. Maybe change is in the air.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

I am kind of excited to check this out when I can sit down and explore. This seems along the lines of one of those innovation projects Sprint often undertakes but does not advert or open source. Maybe change is in the air.

There’s a lot of neat stuff there!

• Like 1