Sign in to follow this  
jthawks

Been seeing a lot of these being built. But for who?

Sorry for putting this under here I apparently forgot my password. Anyways this is number 2 that I've seen put up in the past couple month's. This one sits next to sprint and t-mo site the other one next to a Verizon site. So we can rule out them obviously. Does anyone know who these belong too?63e2530c15b1369cca0e75b6d8774d90.jpg11868842a17134d3553b8d240d474517.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry for putting this under here I apparently forgot my password. Anyways this is number 2 that I've seen put up in the past couple month's. This one sits next to sprint and t-mo site the other one next to a Verizon site. So we can rule out them obviously. Does anyone know who these belong too?63e2530c15b1369cca0e75b6d8774d90.jpg11868842a17134d3553b8d240d474517.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks like a Sprint GMR site. I would say it's TMobile but I'm not sure they are starting to rollout 3 antenna set ups but the equipment looks different than this one. Maybe a different vendor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

Looks like a Sprint GMR site. I would say it's TMobile but I'm not sure they are starting to rollout 3 antenna set ups but the equipment looks different than this one. Maybe a different vendor.

Well like I said there is a shared sprint t-mo site 100ft away.  At&t site just across the street from these site's.  So I'm really curious on who this belongs too.

Well like I said there is a shared sprint t-mo site 100ft away.  At&t site just across the street from these site's.  So I'm really curious on who this belongs too.
Verizon has been doing 3 antenna towers too. I have yet to see one but they have been reported.

9 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Verizon has been doing 3 antenna towers too. I have yet to see one but they have been reported.

They just put new antennas on the Verizon site next to one of these they just built.  

They just put new antennas on the Verizon site next to one of these they just built.  
So every carrier is there already?

14 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

So every carrier is there already?

So that's why I'm really curious on who owns these. 

So that's why I'm really curious on who owns these. 
Dish!!!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Dish!!!!! emoji23.png

That wouldn't surprise me Haha

I don’t know...there are only two jumpers to each antenna which makes me think it’s probably not a high-order MIMO deployment...

It could possibly be a regional carrier...

• Like 1

Also another thing I should of noted,  both of these new towers are constructed in a substation for the power company. 

38 minutes ago, jthawks said:

Also another thing I should of noted,  both of these new towers are constructed in a substation for the power company. 

It is probably the power company building out their own network. What company/market is it?

1 minute ago, RAvirani said:

It is probably the power company building out their own network. What company/market is it?

Colorado market.  Xcel energy.  I'm thinking this could dish network. They are in talks with equipment providers for their wireless networks.  

I asked one of the s4gru members he doesn't know for sure if it's Sprint or no says that Clearwire or Mini macros have set ups like that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Getting a picture of the RRUs would help…

23 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

I'll try in a couple hours to get another pic of them

The RRUS are there on the ground. It's an all in one eNB. Not airspan, Nokia, Ericsson, or Samsung as far as I can tell.

Could be a WISP or another broadband provider using more obscure equipment...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can you post the address (or coordinates) for one of these sites?

- Trip

• Like 1

There are sites around me that look like they should have 6 carriers on them. I don't get it either.

What's the best way (other than physically approaching it) to determine what carriers are on what structures?

36 minutes ago, MrZorbatron said:

There are sites around me that look like they should have 6 carriers on them. I don't get it either.

What's the best way (other than physically approaching it) to determine what carriers are on what structures?

There are tons of ways—looking at the physical equipment, measuring RSRP/RSCP/RSSI levels near the site, trying to connect to the different sectors of a site as you move around it, online tools that provide this sort of data, etc. 

4 hours ago, MrZorbatron said:

Some sites may have old equipment/racks on them.  It wasn't that long ago that Nextel, MetroPCS, and Cricket were separate companies with their own gear.  Clear gear is often on its own rack as well.

I have phones for all five major carriers.  (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular, in addition to my primary Sprint line.)  That gives me a reasonable idea of who is where.  I replace my Verizon SIM every 90 days to keep LTE active, and the T-Mobile SIM stays active without service.  FreedomPop provides 200MB/mo of AT&T service for free.  I have a $10/mo prepaid plan with US Cellular that I put money on when I am going into US Cellular territory.

Building permits, if they're available online, can also be helpful in that regard.

- Trip

Found some old articles about them having wireless meters that use two-way radio.  Maybe this is expansion of that network if you are finding these at substations.

You live  in the area, any news on that front?  Lack of meter readers, or new meters being installed?