Administrative charge increase to $2.50/month/line, ETFs waived for 30 days

etirkca

Increased from $1.99/month/line. Sprint is lacking in my area, so this is a good opportunity to jump ship. This is just a PSA for people that don't comb over their monthly billing statements in detail (I certainly don't). I think it's been 4-5 years since the last increase. I've suffered with Sprint's subpar CS, coverage, and speed for over 10 years now and the value proposition just isn't worth suffering any longer. Credit to Reddit or I would have never bothered to check my bill: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/83wqcx/26_increase_in_administrative_charge/

Administrative Charge Increase Effective with this bill, the Admin. Charge has increased to $2.50/month/line for customers subject to the charge. You may cancel the Sprint service(s) directly or indirectly affected by this change without incurring an early termination fee. To cancel, dial *2 within 30 days.

I also confirmed with Sprint chat to cover my ass when inevitably I'm charged an ETF when I port out. :rolleyes: Check if you still carry a balance on your phone before canceling service.

Sherry T. : While we value their business and would like to retain these customers, should a customer decide to cancel their Service Agreement because of the Administrative Charge they will not be charged an early termination fee, if applicable; however, customers will remain responsible for any outstanding installment billing or lease payments, including any applicable Purchase Price Option.
Sherry T. : Sorry for the confusion earlier. That means that early termination fees are waived however the remaining balances of the phones under agreement will not be waived.

^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, etirkca said:

Increased from $1.99/month/line. Sprint is lacking in my area, so this is a good opportunity to jump ship. This is just a PSA for people that don't comb over their monthly billing statements in detail (I certainly don't). I think it's been 4-5 years since the last increase. I've suffered with Sprint's subpar CS, coverage, and speed for over 10 years now and the value proposition just isn't worth suffering any longer. Credit to Reddit or I would have never bothered to check my bill: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/83wqcx/26_increase_in_administrative_charge/

I had to leave Sprint after nearly 17 years if you combined Nextel/Sprint due to lack of coverage as my main reason that they were not expanding fast enough in areas I travel to but only to see they are slowlyyyyyyyy expanding but still not what I like to see when I have coverage with AT&T now. 2nd reason why I left is their CS people mainly overseas that you can't understand a damn thing with them most of the time for me when I had Sprint over the years it got worse for what I see. 3rd reason was the speed and I guess that was due to the cell towers from the house here were pretty far where the closes tower without 800MHz and if it had 800MHz wouldn't make to much of a difference is about 1/4 mile to the west of the house but with a good sizeable down tilt on the side of the tower aimed at the house. I don't like the increase of fees but what can we do about them?

Like folks say, Vote with your wallet and go where the service works best for you like I did with AT&T. CS speak English most of the time when I called in for things and less than a minute to talk with them. Coverage is great since I have a tower from AT&T about less than a 1/8 of a mile to the south of me with speeds from 25MBps to 40MBps down and I am fine with that and no need for 5G here for me and they are expanding coverage along with Band 14 which will be on or hopefully on the Note 9 phone that I might get at the end of the year from my Note 8 phone.

This will not be an all Sprint complaint thread.  Comments about the admin fee only.  Stay on topic to avoid moderation.  Thanks.

Robert

• Like 5

These fees really should just be baked into the mrc for whatever plans they sell. I get having sales/local/911 fees separate but little administrative charges like this always irritate me no matter who the service provider is (phone, cable, gas/electric etc).

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Meh, It is only 51 cents a line. Everything goes up in price anyways.I have 4 lines but I feel it's really not that huge of a deal to me to want to "jump ship". But yea, I agree with what travismheim says.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, travismheim said:

These fees really should just be baked into the mrc for whatever plans they sell. I get having sales/local/911 fees separate but little administrative charges like this always irritate me no matter who the service provider is (phone, cable, gas/electric etc).

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I agree, but I also understand why they do it. It gives the illusion that their plans are "cheaper" by about $5/month. Taxes and fees for my plan add about another 10% to the total monthly cost. If ARPU is $50 and taxes and fees are an estimated $5 per month. For 60 million subs, that's $300 million per month, or $3.6 billion per year. Respect to TMUS.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 4:15 PM, etirkca said:

ETFs waived for 30 days

Thank you so much for bringing light to this! I would have never known about it had you not posted it! You've saved me a lot of money and lowered my bill moving forward! It wasn't an easy process, but well worth it.

Unlocking the phones was surprisingly easy. But the small hiccup came with my final bill. When I received it, I thought I was screwed when I saw that the ETF was included. I almost paid for it too, but the frugal in me decided to call Sprint (couldn't hurt, right?). After an hour on the phone with a US supervisor, my account was credited for the full amount of the ETFs. I walked away Scot-free!!

Thanks a bunch OP! I'm trying Verizon's throttled unlimited data plan. Excellent reliability in the city, but there are certain key spots where I need my phone that aren't great. I don't know if it's the throttling or the network.