lilotimz

The S4GRU BYOD Sim Compatibility Chart

I'll try and keep this as updated as possible as information becomes available. 

Maybe i'll find one time to do one for all of Sprints devices eventually... 

• Like 5

Very helpful. Also, very frustrating. I thought the thing about SIM cars was that they were universal?

Could you add the S8 Active?

8 minutes ago, jamesinclair said:

Very helpful. Also, very frustrating. I thought the thing about SIM cars was that they were universal?

Could you add the S8 Active?

I'll make a spreadsheet for non BYOD devices in time. 

Sims are sorta "universal" if you take into considering the BYOD ones. The great reason why Sprint has so many sim variants is they're developing the sim card module as they update their network and devices. They have little experience in that category so must constantly iterate  in order to take advantage of new technological developments on the handset and on the network side. We can see this move from USIMs to CSIMs and now ISIMs. 

S8 Active is..

CZ4114LWQ SIMOLW416Q 854798005125

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lilotimz said:

I'll make a spreadsheet for non BYOD devices in time. 

Sims are sorta "universal" if you take into considering the BYOD ones. The great reason why Sprint has so many sim variants is they're developing the sim card module as they update their network and devices. They have little experience in that category so must constantly iterate  in order to take advantage of new technological developments on the handset and on the network side. We can see this move from USIMs to CSIMs and now ISIMs. 

S8 Active is..

CZ4114LWQ SIMOLW416Q 854798005125

I'm kind of confused as to why the new SIMs aren't backwards compatible in that case. In China, with China Telecom, it was great. They're a CDMA/LTE carrier very much like Sprint, but it was one SIM for all devices, just like a GSM carrier. Their SIM cards (UICC I assume with CSIM app and... ISIM app? USIM app? I'm not sure) were even able to be used in a Sprint LG G5 I had with me - 3G/voice was EV-DO/1xRTT and LTE on Band 3/26. What makes it so hard for Sprint to do something similar, at least with all devices that don't use NV programming?

Thanks for this, I was able to help telesales send me the correct SIM for my phone!

5 hours ago, bill875 said:

@lilotimz, do you know what the SIM SIMOLW506TQ is used for?  According to https://bestcellular.com/product/simolw506tq/, it covers a wide range of phones for Sprint.

That's the ISIM BYOD Sim card. 

It supports the: 

Blue S1, HP Envy x2, Orbic Wonder, Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By KD8JBF
      Interesting acquisition announced today....Blackberry to acquire Good Technologies. For those of you who don't know or are familiar with Good, it's basically a BYOD platform for enterprises. (Email, intranet, etc.) Not necessarily directly Sprint related, but many people use both.

https://www1.good.com/about/press-releases/BlackBerry-to-Acquire-Good-Technology.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/04/us-goodtechnology-m-a-blackberry-idUSKCN0R41C520150904
    • By halcyoncmdr
      I've seen some threads recently about the differences between SIM/UICCs and though posting a compatibility matrix would help people.

This is pretty straightforward. The matrix has every Sprint LTE device, and what UICC card is meant for that device. Mix and matching UICC card types probably will not work, but swapping around UICC cards for devices that use the same type of card should work properly.

Keep in mind, you cannot simply move your UICC card to another phone to use it. Sprint's device authentication system still requires the correct UICC and MEID to be on the account to authenticate properly and work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yq3Qupa_dLlmNURbl2CBaAZjz0dntfZc12r57Y1FrwA/pubhtml

Last updated February 21st, 2014
      Added LG G Flex.
    • Just to chime in, I find the Magic Box very useful in my home because we have home internet that goes out at least once a week, and therefore need a backup plan for those times when the internet is out. It gives me reliable internet access when the home ISP goes down. Plus, when connected to a UPS, I also have usable internet for news and emergency updates in the event of a power outage, which happens often during storms. I go from being on 1 bar of B26 to 4 bars of B41, with the box being connected to a B41 site that I otherwise don't have access to in or around my home.
      Also a small benefit is having full signal all the time without my device constantly switching between weak B26 and 3G. The battery life savings really add up. Plus being able to make VoLTE phone calls from my home when VoLTE is rolled out will be nice too. All of these are things that WiFi cannot do. Sure, a lot of these problems have solutions or workarounds, all of which require more time, effort and, more importantly, money, than a box that you simply connect to power and never touch again. It almost works like... magic?    -Anthony
    • I'm curious to hear if anyone has called 911 while using their Sprint phone while roaming.

I know you can call 911 even when there are no reported signal bars on the phone display, if the phone's technology supports using another carrier.

But what about using Verizon's 700 Mhz VoLTE and T-Mobile's 700 VoLTE bands, the latest iPhones support these voice/bands, but Sprint doesn't yet.

Does that mean calling 911 will never pick up a VoLTE signal on these bands?
    • Are you using the real VoLTE or the Voip VoLTE Beta on an Android phone?

VoLTE isn't being enabled for all users for a few months, this is for markets away from the North/South borders, later for those areas.