Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Request for a Sprint Wi-fi Connect Router and use wi-fi calling instead. Sprint will ship you an Asus router free. 1-866-556-7310 and just simply tell them you have a dead spot in the house and you already dealt with support. If first call doesn't get you one simply hang up and try again. I have weak LTE in my house and get drop calls too since my phone trying to switch between two sites that is 1 mile from me. Good luck.

Was there a big issue with tmobiles service ?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

^^^^Not a big issue per se but the network here in Denver (at least in my experience) has been overloaded in different parts of the city for sure! The speeds have been noticeably slower as a result of the success T-Mobile has had since the uncarrier movement started, (over 20+ million subs added since starting) whatever their spectrum holdings are here in Denver with AWS/700/PCS etc....they are starting to become overloaded resulting in dropped calls sometimes and slow speeds.

It was a combination of that and a pure financial move to save money on our bill monthly for me and my wife.

^^^^Ahhh ok so it's the QOS that differentiates it from your standard router that you would run in your home. So this router that Sprint would send out would have it's own SSID to broadcast for phone calls in the house?

Its an Asus router. Fully customizable like buying from the store. It has built in QOS into the firmware for Sprint Wi-Fi calling.

For more nfo Google Sprint Asus router. Many forums dedicated for it.

• 3 months later...

Colorado seems to hae one of best sprint networks in the country. I am seeing speeds of 60 mbs to 70 mbs and I even gotten couple test with 102 to 110 mbs. I wonder what was sprint motivation behind deploying great network in colorado

Colorado seems to hae one of best sprint networks in the country. I am seeing speeds of 60 mbs to 70 mbs and I even gotten couple test with 102 to 110 mbs. I wonder what was sprint motivation behind deploying great network in colorado

Probably the growth of the past couple of years. I'm leaving this state next month.

Probably the growth of the past couple of years. I'm leaving this state next month.

Leaving!?! I wish I could go back. Just spent the last week around the state. Great network along the front range. In the mountains, where there is coverage it works well. Spent a couple days in Salida where there is no real service other than roaming in Verizon. And no WiFi where we were! So that was interesting. (I did know we would not have service beforehand so I was prepared).

Sent from my LG G4

Dense network in Denver thanks to the early Clear deployment (got along further than other markets) and the limited spectrum so I imagine that influenced the density of the Sprint sites.

Plus, it's a Samsung market, Samsung went crazy deploying 8T8R equipment right off the bat, si that helps a lot too. Plus they were the first to get the 2nd and 3rd B41 carrier online, easing congestion.

Sent from my LG G4

Leaving!?! I wish I could go back. Just spent the last week around the state. Great network along the front range. In the mountains, where there is coverage it works well. Spent a couple days in Salida where there is no real service other than roaming in Verizon. And no WiFi where we were! So that was interesting. (I did know we would not have service beforehand so I was prepared).

Sent from my LG G4

Yup. I still like it here, but I want my money to go farther than it does here. It kind of sucks I couldn't afford a house until they were this expensive. I don't see the value proposition, as someone who lived here long before anyone considered this a good place to live. It's weird, for many years "everyone" outside the state looked down their noses at this state. So yeah, I'm leaving, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

A follow up on my previous post back in March when I switched over 2 lines:

I operate on wifi calling at my house which has solved my low signal issue at the house. I couldn't be more pleased with the service that I have been getting on Sprint here in the Denver Metro area!

I have been all over the city and for the most part I would say that I am on B41 about 90% of the time and the speeds have been fantastic! Calls have been clear and for the most part I don't drop calls. Every now and then depending on terrain I will be in a dead spot when I drop a call and reacquire the signal shortly after I emerge from a valley or something, but other than that the service has been rock solid :tu:

The only other pet peeve I have with Sprint service is tethering for my kids watching Netflix or Youtube when we're driving somewhere and the disconnect I get when I get a call :angry: even if I don't answer the phone and just hit ignore it will still cut off the data session and I will have to go back into the phone settings (S7 Edge) and re-activate the hotspot function :td:

The money that I'm saving and the quick data speeds on B41 which is clearly evident that Sprints airwaves/frequency here in Denver is uncongested, and really shows when I'm with my Dad who's on T-Mobile and he's running slow in most areas of the city and I'll have to tether my phone for his laptop to get him decent speeds to do what he needs to do :P

To sum it up Sprints network here in Denver kicks ass! And I'm glad to be back on Sprint saving money and using IMO a superior network experience so far :)

• Like 1

Yup. I still like it here, but I want my money to go farther than it does here. It kind of sucks I couldn't afford a house until they were this expensive. I don't see the value proposition, as someone who lived here long before anyone considered this a good place to live. It's weird, for many years "everyone" outside the state looked down their noses at this state. So yeah, I'm leaving, sadly.

I hear ya man! Where are you moving to? I know they said the average home price in the metropolitan area is now hovering about $400k  :blink:

Apartments are hovering about $1500-2000 a month for a 1-2 bedroom!

Me and my wife have talked about it but honestly don't know where we would move to and what kind of job opportunities there are in other states compared to here where the economy is booming! I'm a native and have lived here my whole life and have seen the increase in population explode and obviously more so when weed was legalized and started the great green rush as they would say. Kind of a double edge sword great economy= higher wages/jobs=more people moving here and housing going through the roof & traffic absolutely sucks!

I hear ya man! Where are you moving to? I know they said the average home price in the metropolitan area is now hovering about $400k :blink:

Apartments are hovering about $1500-2000 a month for a 1-2 bedroom!

Me and my wife have talked about it but honestly don't know where we would move to and what kind of job opportunities there are in other states compared to here where the economy is booming! I'm a native and have lived here my whole life and have seen the increase in population explode and obviously more so when weed was legalized and started the great green rush as they would say. Kind of a double edge sword great economy= higher wages/jobs=more people moving here and housing going through the roof & traffic absolutely sucks!

I am moving to San Antonio. It's a growing city but the house prices are still very affordable. Since I can do my job from home the local economy wasn't much of an issue, but I would have still left even if I couldn't keep my job. Just maybe would have held on to all of my savings instead of putting money down on a house.

I am moving to San Antonio. It's a growing city but the house prices are still very affordable. Since I can do my job from home the local economy wasn't much of an issue, but I would have still left even if I couldn't keep my job. Just maybe would have held on to all of my savings instead of putting money down on a house.

Sorry, but Texas is full. ???? Pick another state to move to. We ain't got room for more out of state transplants, I reckon!

????

Just don't expect an awesome network here in Puro Pinche Spurs Country. Clearwire B41 is ver hit and miss. 2nd B25 carrier has helped, but Sprint still has a lot of room to improve.

Sorry, but Texas is full. ???? Pick another state to move to. We ain't got room for more out of state transplants, I reckon!

????

Just don't expect an awesome network here in Puro Pinche Spurs Country. Clearwire B41 is ver hit and miss. 2nd B25 carrier has helped, but Sprint still has a lot of room to improve.

I didn't experience any difference between here and San Antonio other than how badly Denver needs a second B25 carrier in areas of no B41 coverage, which it won't be getting. Clearwire is hit or miss in Denver as well. I used to live in Texas before Colorado.

• 11 months later...

First of all, apologies for the large image... Had to share! Yale and I-25.

588145d67ebb4d6645f265b0e59bd4ff.jpg

Sent from my LG G5

Glad to see movement around this board again.  Lifeless for a while!

Edited by DrOckW

Glad to see movement around this board again.  Lifeless for a while!

There has been quite a bit of talk, however it has been in the sponsor side of the forums because we're talking site specifics that cannot be displayed on the public portion of the site.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
42 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

That appears to be a different carrier. I see the Sprint NV and 8T8R antennas on a different part of that building.

Just FYI I'm going to move this to the Colorado Market thread in a bit.

Thought They Were The new ones.  Ok Thanks. 

On 2/16/2018 at 4:09 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

That appears to be a different carrier. I see the Sprint NV and 8T8R antennas on a different part of that building.

Just FYI I'm going to move this to the Colorado Market thread in a bit.

Duh. Those are the new Verizon setup.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have an update in the Sponsor thread. Currently working through some new data I've collected on my trip.

Also, a 10x10 carrier appears to be live throughout Denver and to the west on I-70. This is new since the last time I was here. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this should go here, but I'm cellmappering in Denver and figure it probably should. 

I'm seeing sites that appear to have more than 3 sectors...  At one point, I *think* I hit a total of 6 to 8 different eNB IDs surrounding Peoria and Colfax.  Although, some sites may be further distant and I haven't pinpointed them yet. I know of precisely 1 tower just South of Colfax, nearest 14th and Peoria. 

Some, with the 1-million decimal range or FA hex range, seem to be Magic Boxes: 2558MHz frequency. Ringing true on 'using our wide spectrum to our advantage' or something like that.  

The usual 3CA frequencies here are 2628.8 2648.6 and 2668.4 and "usually" I see a 2.5G macro with all of these on north, southeast and southwest facings. Cells 0,1,2 2628 ; 3,4,5 2648 ; 6,7,8 2668.   

So, how many of these cell IDs should be considered on the same tower? All of them? Am I looking for something else nearby instead?  I'll walk more of the neighborhood soon, and have a bit better coverage mapped of each of them .. Right now, most of these eNBs are showing up at relatively small points. 

eNB 84A1C
Cell 50 0x32  2628.8
Cell 58 0x3A  2648.6

eNB 84A1E
Cell 51 0x33  2628.8
Cell 59 0x3B  2648.6

eNB 84A3A
Cell 49 0x31 2682.8
Cell 57 0x39 2648.6

eNB 84A37
Cell 51 0x33  2628.8
Cell 59 0x3B  2648.6

eNB 84A39
Cell 50 0x32  2628.8
Cell 58 0x3A  2648.6

ENB 85732 - looks like the 'normal' 3-sector eNB ID but ive not mapped all sides yet.
Cells 1, 2, 2628 ; 4 2648

ENB 841B3 - PCS/CLR 'normal' 3 sector 0,1,2 E-PCS; 5 - seems to be a secondary Band 2 channel I sometimes see. 15,16,17 all E-CLR. 

whattheENB2.jpg

Edited by mystica555
Picture didn't have the 2 'ontop of eachother' green eNBs broadened to see both IDs.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mystica555 said:

Not sure if this should go here, but I'm cellmappering in Denver and figure it probably should. 

I'm seeing sites that appear to have more than 3 sectors...  At one point, I *think* I hit a total of 6 to 8 different eNB IDs surrounding Peoria and Colfax.  Although, some sites may be further distant and I haven't pinpointed them yet. I know of precisely 1 tower just South of Colfax, nearest 14th and Peoria. 

Any and all 31/32/33 39/3A/3B endings are Nokia Mini Macros on Macros typically found on former Clearwire sites. Each mini macro is a stand alone BTS so will have unique GCI identifiers. 

For old Samsung GCI endings...

B25 #1 = 00/01/02

B25 #2 = 03/04/05

B25 #2 10x10 = 06/07/08

B26 = 10/11/0F

B41 #1 = 00/01/002

B41 #2 = 03/04/05

B41 #3 = 06/07/08

B41 #4 = 0C/0D/0E

B41 Triband Antenna #2 = 09/0A/0B

B41 Triband Antenna #3 = 03/04/05

Airspan Airunity MBGCI endings are all over the place but it's easy to pick out once you know the standard GCI heading. 

Airspan airharmony mini macros GCI ends 01.

• Like 3