Elijah

Coverage Map Updated 1/12/18

Map was updated. One change I saw was in 21502, the Sprint 3G and more areas are now full Extended LTE

• Like 2

Much of the new Shentel coverage is shown. 

- Trip

• Like 1

More updated areas onto 21502 (Cumberland, Maryland) and surrounding areas, those 3G areas were reported on the app a few times, and I had made a case number last week, so I'm curious if they turned off the towers for it. 

Other locations in which I see these changes: Frostburg, Maryland - 21532. When traveling through these areas, the phone would stick to Sprint 3G and then hook back onto Extended LTE when leaving the areas. I'm glad to see that these changes are now full Extended, but I wonder if they have kicked into effect, as I was there this past week and it was still 3G.

On the case number, i1335175766 if any employees want to check it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Elijah said:

More updated areas onto 21502 (Cumberland, Maryland) and surrounding areas, those 3G areas were reported on the app a few times, and I had made a case number last week, so I'm curious if they turned off the towers for it. 

Other locations in which I see these changes: Frostburg, Maryland - 21532. When traveling through these areas, the phone would stick to Sprint 3G and then hook back onto Extended LTE when leaving the areas. I'm glad to see that these changes are now full Extended, but I wonder if they have kicked into effect, as I was there this past week and it was still 3G.

On the case number, i1335175766 if any employees want to check it.

Those few old 3G only sites around Cumberland & Frostburg, Md could easily be turned off now  This would make it much easier to do a quick rip & replace without disturbing anybody. Allow all users to use the Extended LTE while the contractors have the ability to rip all the old 3g, start with a clean slate at each of the sites, install all the new.  I do not know if it will happen that way, but I would surely consider doing it that way if I had the responsibility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well Praise the Lord!  :D The "LTE Plus".coverage issues for the Cleveland market have been mostly resolved.  They forgot to add the new B41 coverage in Geauga county.  Then again, it has only been continuously live for less than a week.   It looks like the Toledo market may have been thinned on B41, but my hunch is that it needed it.

It doesn't look like anything was done in west PA to account for any of the B41 live sites around Erie, Meadville and State College.  It may be that an official launch hasn't occurred yet.

• Like 1

Was in the Cleveland are earlier this week.  Stayed in Stow.  Was able to pull 17 down and 5 up on Ookla.  this was much better than the last tie I was there a few months ago.

3G sites in Cumberland are now just 1x... and shows Sprint in status bar version Extended when actually roaming. Here are some screenshots 

https://imgur.com/a/ILmkq

New "Extended" LTE in South and North Dakota. Two areas, one including Rapid City. Interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

New "Extended" LTE in South and North Dakota. Two areas, one including Rapid City. Interesting. 

The Rapid City one was there in the 12/8 update.  ;)

It's Golden West Wireless on Sprint spectrum.  G Block.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

The Rapid City one was there in the 12/8 update.  ;)

It's Golden West Wireless on Sprint spectrum.  G Block.

Must've missed the small blob ha. Doesn't help that you have to zoom in a lot more now to see the details. 

• Like 1

I enjoy the new grid style roaming area key. This is much better than experiments in yellow we saw a few months ago.

23 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

I enjoy the new grid style roaming area key. This is much better than experiments in yellow we saw a few months ago.

Hmm. I really don't like the hashing. Makes it hard to look at, at least for me. Much preferred with Extended LTE was a different color. Really hard to tell where Sprint LTE stops and Extended starts. Though I suppose that is by design. 

• Like 3

Hmm. I really don't like the hashing. Makes it hard to look at, at least for me. Much preferred with Extended LTE was a different color. Really hard to tell where Sprint LTE stops and Extended starts. Though I suppose that is by design. 
As you zoom in, it becomes much more apparent where the boundaries are. *I don't like the hatch pattern either.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Many parts of the UP in Michigan now show extended LTE (perhaps done earlier). Some b41 in Columbus OH metro proper is added plus some Granville, but most outlying b41 done in the last year or so remains MIA. Dayton still outdated.