Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

Got Calling Plus working again on both the Unlocked GS8+ & Unlocked GS9+.

Now Sprint just needs to keep their promise & release their Google Play Visual Voicemail app.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Don't know if it's the new phone or not but I just pulled 27 down on B25 10×10 never saw that on my S8+. Rivals the speeds I used to see on B25 when LTE was first turned on lol.
Likely just a uncongested tower. I have yet to see 4x4 mimo or 256qam on b25 or b41. If anyone else has chime in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Likely just a uncongested tower. I have yet to see 4x4 mimo or 256qam on b25 or b41. If anyone else has chime in.

That's what I figured it just shocked me lol, I hardly see that on B41 anymore lol.

46 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Don't know if it's the new phone or not but I just pulled 27 down on B25 10×10 never saw that on my S8+. Rivals the speeds I used to see on B25 when LTE was first turned on lol.

i got 52 down and 20 up on on band 25 my area. on s8 plus

Don't let the reviews fool you, it's a lot better in every aspect. The performance difference is very noticeable.
I agree. I've had my unlocked S9 for about a week and I love it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

On 3/20/2018 at 2:10 AM, optimummind said:

Got Calling Plus working again on both the Unlocked GS8+ & Unlocked GS9+.

Now Sprint just needs to keep their promise & release their Google Play Visual Voicemail app.

How did you get Calling Plus specifically working on the S9+?

The voice mail app is in the Google Play store, just remember it is Sprint.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sprint.vvm

It sort of works for me.

6 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

6 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk.

3xCA

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3748158166

I think I can get better conditions.

Edited by JacobSDN1
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, JacobSDN1 said:

How did you get Calling Plus specifically working on the S9+?

Bump for this - I would like to know as well.  Please share the details.  Thanks!

Edited by DM98

Bump for this - I would like to know as well.  Please share the details.  Thanks!
I'll post the steps later on my lunch break.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

On my unlocked S9+, I haven't been able to get any voicemail notification at all, in Visual Voicemail app, or the tradition notification icon.  

Has anyone experienced the issue?  Solution?  I got a ticket open with Sprint, but nobody wants to call me back...

44 minutes ago, DM98 said:

On my unlocked S9+, I haven't been able to get any voicemail notification at all, in Visual Voicemail app, or the tradition notification icon.  

Has anyone experienced the issue?  Solution?  I got a ticket open with Sprint, but nobody wants to call me back...

I just installed the new Visual Voicemail app this morning but I've been managing my voicemail using Google Voice.  I have it set up so that when my phone is Busy or No Answer, the caller gets forwarded to my Google Voice voicemail.  

I've been using it that way since July of 2017 when I got the Unlocked Galaxy S8+.  This workaround still works with my new Unlocked Galaxy S9+.

2 hours ago, DM98 said:

Here is the guide to activate Calling Plus on the Unlocked Galaxy S8+ & Unlocked Galaxy S9+:

(1)  Using the app "Shortcut Master" or Novalauncher Activities shortcut function, find the following three settings:

Screenshot_20180321-124439.jpg

(2) Inside "LTEFunctionalityTest," go into "VoLTE Test UI" and turn On the first 2 settings.  Click on the "Set" button for the fourth-row item.

Screenshot_20180321-124450.jpg

(3) Inside the "EnhancedLteServices," click on it so that a check mark is shown.
Screenshot_20180321-124458_Mobile%20netw

(4) Then go into "WfcSettings" and turn on Wifi calling:

Screenshot_20180321-124506_WFC%20Setting

(5) Reboot your phone.

(6) Turn off your Wifi and try making a call.  You should see the "LTE" Status Bar symbol remain on as you initiate a phone call.  Go browse the Internet while talking~!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

8 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I have got 190 on my s8+

6 hours ago, shannonbrian said:

i got 225 on my s8 plus . depends on site and location really and backhaul.

The fastest I've seen was 203 or so on my s8+, I'm currently in a band 25 only market but when I get back to atlanta in a month I should be getting much better performance.

20 minutes ago, optimummind said:

Here is the guide to activate Calling Plus on the Unlocked Galaxy S8+ & Unlocked Galaxy S9+:

Thank you!  It worked perfectly.   You are a genius figuring this out!    

BTW, I had to search for those 3 shortcuts - just click on the ... menu in Shortcut Master Lite, and search for each one of them and set as instructed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, optimummind said:

I just installed the new Visual Voicemail app this morning but I've been managing my voicemail using Google Voice.  I have it set up so that when my phone is Busy or No Answer, the caller gets forwarded to my Google Voice voicemail.  

I've been using it that way since July of 2017 when I got the Unlocked Galaxy S8+.  This workaround still works with my new Unlocked Galaxy S9+.

I actually use Google Voice for my main number.   The Sprint number is just a forwarding number.  But it isn't right that even basic voicemail doesn't notify me.    Something is probably off with my account with Sprint.  Anyway, hope they will call me back one day and get this sorted.

Thank you!  It worked perfectly.   You are a genius figuring this out!    
BTW, I had to search for those 3 shortcuts - just click on the ... menu in Shortcut Master Lite, and search for each one of them and set as instructed.
Glad to have helped. A person on XDA gave me the tip about also having to activate WiFi Calling to make Calling Plus work again. Last year, I didn't have to activate WiFi Calling.

Does this show that I'm really connected to Sprint 1x800 MHz for voice?

Screenshot_20180321-153021_Nova%20Launcher.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk