Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

5 hours ago, JThorson said:

I have a friend who went to MWC and she played with the S9. Her comments were it felt cheap which has me a little worried, I hope that isn't the case. But then again she worked at Nokia who built solid phones. I guess only time will tell.

Worried for what? It's the same build quality as the s8 which was put together very well. 

Because of the amount of new technologies Sprint will be implementing on the network this year, we won't know until they activate it. For now, all we know is that HPUE works on unlocked Samsung devices and that folks have found a workaround to get Calling Plus to work on unlocked GS8 devices that might work on unlocked GS9 devices.
When Sprint does True VOLTE later this year I would is the Unlocked models will work with that. It doesn't one the other carriers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, JThorson said:

I have a friend who went to MWC and she played with the S9. Her comments were it felt cheap which has me a little worried, I hope that isn't the case. But then again she worked at Nokia who built solid phones. I guess only time will tell.

Every review I've seen on YouTube and elsewhere says the opposite, no different than say the S8 which is a quality device.

• Like 3

Did Sprint change their policy in regards to shipping SIM cards to customers?  Last year, Sprint sent me a GS8+-compatible SIM card for free.  

When I called them just now to order another one for my upcoming Unlocked GS9+ phone, they quoted me $0.00 for the SIM card and $10 for shipping.  Something kind of new?

Did Sprint change their policy in regards to shipping SIM cards to customers?  Last year, Sprint sent me a GS8+-compatible SIM card for free.  
When I called them just now to order another one for my upcoming Unlocked GS9+ phone, they quoted me $0.00 for the SIM card and $10 for shipping.  Something kind of new?
No this has been policy for a couple years at least. You used to be able to get them for free from International Chat, but they closed that loophole no later than October 2017.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ingenium said:

No this has been policy for a couple years at least. You used to be able to get them for free from International Chat, but they closed that loophole no later than October 2017.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I see.  Last year in July, the SIM card was still free.  Oh well.

I'm really excited for this phone, don't know why but I am. A better s8 I guess, and the new modem and gigabit speeds even though i doubt I'll ever see them. 

I'm just so-so about it. The phones I was most excited about were the Galaxy S2, Galaxy S4, and Nexus 5, in that order from highest to lowest. With smartphones becoming like the PC landscape in terms of true performance jumps & design improvements, it's gotten iterative.

I'm only getting the S9+ b/c mom wants a change from her GS7 Edge, the GS7E has a $300 trade-in offer, and I'm gonna give her my mint GS8+. Plus, after all my Best Buy gift cards & certificates, my final balance is like -$200.

I would've been more excited if the GS9 offered underscreen FPS, UFS expansion cards, and the centimeter GPS chip (still not 100% confirmed).

Hoping the next Galaxy S (if the S moniker is kept) will be more impressive.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, optimummind said:

I'm just so-so about it. The phones I was most excited about were the Galaxy S2, Galaxy S4, and Nexus 5

I was so geeked for the S2 (Epic 4G Touch was the Sprint name) and that phone turned out to be such junk.  Terrible radio, then the hard bricking.  Loved the S4T & Note 2.

• Like 1

I was so geeked for the S2 (Epic 4G Touch was the Sprint name) and that phone turned out to be such junk.  Terrible radio, then the hard bricking.  Loved the S4T & Note 2.
Oh yea, it had horrible GPS for me. And the crazy battery drain. [emoji38] But it was my first smartphone & I was so thrilled with everything I could do, especially after Root.

4 hours ago, JossMan said:

For Galaxy Forever how is this going to work since none of us has had the S8 even 12 months yet? 

I pre-ordered with galaxy forever, no issues.  When you get the s9 they should also send you a return label for the s8.

2 hours ago, themuffinman said:

I pre-ordered with galaxy forever, no issues.  When you get the s9 they should also send you a return label for the s8.

Yeah that's what the lady I talked to said. Also just saw that my delivery date went from the 14th to the 13th.

Edited by BlueAngel

11 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Yeah that's what the lady I talked to said. Also just saw that my delivery date went from the 14th to the 13th.

Yeah, mines changed to the 13th for the delivery date as well.

Lol, yep. Now showing the 12th. For the first time though I'm not really hyped about upgrading so not quite feeling the excitement like previous devices. So it will get here when it gets here. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, themuffinman said:

Lol, yep. Now showing the 12th. For the first time though I'm not really hyped about upgrading so not quite feeling the excitement like previous devices. So it will get here when it gets here. 

I'm a nerd I like my toys. :P

Same sentiment here.

Can't wait to hear you guys experience since Sprint is shipping them early!

https://www.androidcentral.com/pre-orders-galaxy-s9-sprint-are-already-shipping

I preordered from BB, depending on what you guys have to say about its radio performance, that will be the deciding factor on whether I jump on it or not.

6 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Can't wait to hear you guys experience since Sprint is shipping them early!

https://www.androidcentral.com/pre-orders-galaxy-s9-sprint-are-already-shipping

I preordered from BB, depending on what you guys have to say about its radio performance, that will be the deciding factor on whether I jump on it or not.

Still saying the 12th for me, I'll report back with any changes I'll be checking off and on all day. 

I got a inbound shipping notification from UPS that I will have a package delivered tomorrow. I believe it is the phone because it is the only thing I am having shipped to my home address.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mooeydj said:

I got a inbound shipping notification from UPS that I will have a package delivered tomorrow. I believe it is the phone because it is the only thing I am having shipped to my home address.

What does your sprint order status say?