Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

4 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

New software security June update already!!!fa09d7af5882ab2d2e6160e189dd1ba1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Got mine for the 9. Just like the last update, mine is way bigger than the 9+. 518 MB.

• Like 1

Is CA B25-B41 or B26-B41 enabled in any market yet? On my S9 if I dial ##data# these carrier aggregation profiles aren't enabled yet. If I were to enable them will it actually work? 

20 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

I don't have my MSL so I can't enable them to check. It does say, however, that bands 25 and 41 both have MIMO enabled. Is that new? I am not sure. 

MSL is 000000 for every S8 or S9.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1

I tried it and it allowed me to edit lte bands.  However, it was only a facade. I disabled band 26 because, quite frankly, it sucks here in Lexington, KY. Bands 41and 25 are much, much better here. But, per SCP pro, band 26 was still active on my device. So it didn't really do what I set out to do. 

I tried it and it allowed me to edit lte bands.  However, it was only a facade. I disabled band 26 because, quite frankly, it sucks here in Lexington, KY. Bands 41and 25 are much, much better here. But, per SCP pro, band 26 was still active on my device. So it didn't really do what I set out to do. 
When you disable them, you have to reboot for it to take effect.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also unlocked GS9 owners should know the latest security patch got released today and it enabled FM radio on our devices. Comes in at 351MB on my phone.
I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to see another one.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to see another one.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

man samsung has been slacking and lost my trust...i have the essential phone and it gets all its updates on time

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mooeydj said:

Just had another update today.

Screenshot_20180628-133042_Software update.jpg

The hell? downloading now. This makes what 3 updates in 4 weeks? not that I am complaining but why no many updates in such a short period of time.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

The hell? downloading now. This makes what 3 updates in 4 weeks? not that I am complaining but why no many updates in such a short period of time.

Because they read this forum and want to make you all happy :)

• Like 1

Just now, mmark27 said:

I do wish that these updates were a titch more verbose in what was changed. I know most folks don't care, but us nerds do. 

Yeah I do agree, tired of just security updates which I know just isn't true.