Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

Just now, Grabber5.0 said:

You'd think having a thousand different models wouldn't create a software update nightmare for them. :D But honestly, I bet they spend very little time on updates for their low-end models. I wonder how many never even get a single update..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thats why lot of samsung users switch to apple! at least apple releases updates on time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

S8 just got the May security patch. We go the April one 3 weeks ago. What are they doing to you poor S9 owners? ?

Obviously a serious problem, it's not just sprint either tmobile stopped updating theirs as well.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone This is now my Favorite Forum I have learned more on this forum then any other. I would like to see if anyone would be able to help me with my new Sprint Galaxy S9+. It is Factory unlocked on the sprint network. I am in the Dallas Tx area and ever since upgrading to the S9 I get horrible network speeds. My download is never good and my upload is almost nonexistent. I have been to 3 sprint corp. stores as well as many hours on the line with sprint CS nothing has worked. The Tech at the corp repair store told me it was my APN and to contact Samsung. (because he was using APN2 EHRPD and I was using APN LTE).  But from this forum I have learned how to switch that and it didn't help at all. Any suggestions or feedback would be great thanks again. See attachments for more info

Screenshot_20180524-122829_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20180524-122726_Settings.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TJ2005 said:

Hello Everyone This is now my Favorite Forum I have learned more on this forum then any other. I would like to see if anyone would be able to help me with my new Sprint Galaxy S9+. It is Factory unlocked on the sprint network. I am in the Dallas Tx area and ever since upgrading to the S9 I get horrible network speeds. My download is never good and my upload is almost nonexistent. I have been to 3 sprint corp. stores as well as many hours on the line with sprint CS nothing has worked. The Tech at the corp repair store told me it was my APN and to contact Samsung. (because he was using APN2 EHRPD and I was using APN LTE).  But from this forum I have learned how to switch that and it didn't help at all. Any suggestions or feedback would be great thanks again. See attachments for more info

Screenshot_20180524-122829_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20180524-122726_Settings.jpg

I find it hard to bench under 20Mbps on the DL, that's on 10x10 B25. Usually average 60Mbps on B41 at least.

50 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I find it hard to bench under 20Mbps on the DL, that's on 10x10 B25. Usually average 60Mbps on B41 at least.

I am not at all a tech like everyone on this forum I just learn what I can from everyone at least what I can understand. I wonder if I try blocking whatever band is giving me these speeds maybe that would help. Today I went to Sprint Corp store and talked them into giving me a new SIM card it helped a little on download (not much) but not at all on my upload. How can I tell what band I am on maybe I can try forcing it to use a different band. I am just grasping at straws now because it is functional but not $800 functional

On 5/25/2018 at 12:38 AM, TJ2005 said:

I am not at all a tech like everyone on this forum I just learn what I can from everyone at least what I can understand. I wonder if I try blocking whatever band is giving me these speeds maybe that would help. Today I went to Sprint Corp store and talked them into giving me a new SIM card it helped a little on download (not much) but not at all on my upload. How can I tell what band I am on maybe I can try forcing it to use a different band. I am just grasping at straws now because it is functional but not $800 functional

Use this code on the dial pad *#0011# and take a screenshot. We need to see what band your phone is using.

Finally grabbed the s9+ at bestbuy for $300 off this weekend at bestbuy. No trade ins necessary. Loving it so far. Whats the easiest way to change the Nav bar to black?

Sprint version for $300?! edit: Doh sorry, I misread.. $300 OFF default_biggrin.png 

15 hours ago, mc_gusto said:

Finally grabbed the s9+ at bestbuy for $300 off this weekend at bestbuy. No trade ins necessary. Loving it so far.

Whats the easiest way to change the Nav bar to black?

Go into the Samsung theme store. They have a ton of options.

17 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Oh wow a rare 10+5mhz CA combo. Your speeds should not be that slow. Do a speed test for me really quick

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20180528-153532_Speedtest-600x1233-300x617.jpg

I went to the Sprint store and got anew sim it didn't help much 
While you were at the Sprint store you should have compared the Sprint S9 to see if speeds are different. See if this works. Dial ##data# go to view, LTE and go down to B25 TM9 and see if it's enabled or not.

1 minute ago, Terrell352 said:

While you were at the Sprint store you should have compared the Sprint S9 to see if speeds are different. See if this works. Dial ##data# go to view, LTE and go down to B25 TM9 and see if it's enabled or not.

Yes I tried but they didn't have any demos with a sim they were all wifi connected. 

Yes I tried but they didn't have any demos with a sim they were all wifi connected. 
They do that when the network in the area is not good. TMobile does the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

They do that when the network in the area is not good. TMobile does the same thing.

Trying to attach screen shots but the attachment size keeps getting smaller on here