Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

On 3/30/2018 at 9:32 PM, danlodish345 said:

I also have S 9 +. Did you try the low-light pictures yet?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Low light photos are better than the S8+ for sure. Still way over processed, but that's how Samsung rolls. I get less blur with the kids running around too. Have yet to try the super slow mo...it requires a TON of light to work well. 

6 hours ago, mmark27 said:
Low light photos are better than the S8+ for sure. Still way over processed, but that's how Samsung rolls. I get less blur with the kids running around too. Have yet to try the super slow mo...it requires a TON of light to work well. 

Here are some low light photos795daf2ac3bd259ac3b76cbfed31a8c0.jpg53b13a297553aea8bae20ff419a0391d.jpga16f1fa77e90213670375d0903a48ab3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Still no April security update....months behind!

AFAIK, T-Mobile is the most up to date at the moment & it's the March patch.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, optimummind said:

AFAIK, T-Mobile is the most up to date at the moment & it's the March patch.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

My S9 Plus does not have the latest security patches and I'm updated

Samsung is so slow.  My Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact got the April 5th 2018 Security Patch yesterday.  My Unlocked 965U1 is still on February.

Samsung is so slow.  My Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact got the April 5th 2018 Security Patch yesterday.  My Unlocked 965U1 is still on February.

Samsung is a slow as a snail I can't stand it LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jesito473 said:

Funny that's the same thing T-Mobile said about Oreo Update for the V30..

Yes very funny indeed. I don't trust them to that word when it comes to software updates. The only thing I have to say is I'll believe it when I see it.

• 2 weeks later...

So how is everyone's battery life? I'm using my phone just as much as I did my 8+ and I'm getting significantly less battery life, granted the phone is a LOT faster but I'm down a good 20% when I leave work compared to what I was getting on the 8+. Still love the phone but just curious lol.

15 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

So how is everyone's battery life? I'm using my phone just as much as I did my 8+ and I'm getting significantly less battery life, granted the phone is a LOT faster but I'm down a good 20% when I leave work compared to what I was getting on the 8+. Still love the phone but just curious lol.

I'm getting the exact same battery life that I got on my Galaxy S8+.  Same apps, same settings, and same usage patterns.  

I turned off AOD and it resulted in big battery savings.

I'm getting the exact same battery life that I got on my Galaxy S8+.  Same apps, same settings, and same usage patterns.  

I turned off AOD and it resulted in big battery savings.

I am having battery issues even with screen off and the AOD turned off

6 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

I am having battery issues even with screen off and the AOD turned off

Glad I'm not the only one, I've heard of bad battery life on the exynos version but not the snapdragon 845 version, I don't understand it usage hasn't changed from the S8+ but battery life is down a good 20% on average. Granted my phone lasts me all day but I'm getting home from work with 50% whereas on the 8+ I would be in the 70-75% range.

Edited by BlueAngel

8 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Glad I'm not the only one, I've heard of bad battery life on the exynos version but not the snapdragon 845 version, I don't understand it usage hasn't changed from the S8+ but battery life is down a good 20% on average. Granted my phone lasts me all day but I'm getting home from work with 50% whereas on the 8+ I would be in the 70-75% range.

My phone only lasts a couple of hours. It's pretty sad actually

The rest of the FCC data posted now that the delay has timed out.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=bI7E53ffIgg1cYfeqKQb3Q%3D%3D&fcc_id=A3LSMG965U

The antenna diagram, photos, and the original user manual as submitted.

Edited by SturgeonGeneral
Added antenna dragram to items released.

3 minutes ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

The rest of the FCC data posted now that the delay has timed out.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=bI7E53ffIgg1cYfeqKQb3Q%3D%3D&fcc_id=A3LSMG965U

Mostly photos and the original user manual as submitted.

Hey what security patch do you have?

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Samsung sure went out of their way with updates on this phone, only 1 update since the phone was out.?

No clue why the update is taking so long....SMH