Sign in to follow this  
DurhamHusker

Pixel 2 by HTC User Thread

Google Pixel 2 manufactured by HTC.

Stated specs -

• Android 8.0
  • LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 30, 41, 66
  • IP67 certified - dust and water resistant - Water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
  • Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 - Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
  • No memory card slot
  • Internal Flash - 64/128 GB, 4 GB RAM
  • Back Camera - 12.2 MP, f/1.8, OIS
  • Front Camera - 8 MP, f/2.4
  • Video    2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
  • Front facing stereo speakers
  • No 3.5mm jack
  • USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector (PowerDelivery 2.0)
  • Rear mounted fingerprint sensor
  • Non-removable Li-Ion 2700 mAh battery
  • Thanks 1

I received mine on Oct 31st. Activated on November 1st. This is the snappiest phone I've ever used. I'm going to put this thing through some paces before I make a final decision on keeping it. The WiFi seems to lack range (both my GS7 and GS3 hold onto WiFi longer), but that's my only knock on this phone so far.

I also received mine. Turned in my Pixel one as a trade in. Had that buzzing noise, everything else was good to go. I decided to return the Pixel 2 since I had 14 days to do so. It worked great, but I want to see Google sort out the issue first before rebuying. I liked the textured feel.

When i listed to the phone wiht NFC on, I could hear a ringing or buzzing from behind the earpiece. Also had the clicking issue. That was it though everything else was fine.

Edited by Swordfish

On 11/6/2017 at 5:38 PM, Swordfish said:

I also received mine. Turned in my Pixel one as a trade in. Had that buzzing noise, everything else was good to go. I decided to return the Pixel 2 since I had 14 days to do so. It worked great, but I want to see Google sort out the issue first before rebuying. I liked the textured feel.

When i listed to the phone wiht NFC on, I could hear a ringing or buzzing from behind the earpiece. Also had the clicking issue. That was it though everything else was fine.

i am getting the pixel 2 xl. is anyone with either phone having a problem with screen burn in?

4 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

i am getting the pixel 2 xl. is anyone with either phone having a problem with screen burn in?

My phone has been fine. No issues here. I think the ppl who got the pre order seem to have an issue 

1 minute ago, Swordfish said:

My phone has been fine. No issues here. I think the ppl who got the pre order seem to have an issue 

what about the buzzing and hissing sounds?

I noticed this pixel 2 has a different sim card than the pixel 1. Is the reception better with the pixel 2 or is there some better improvement for the 2 vs the 1 with this different sim card?

Just now, danlodish345 said:

what about the buzzing and hissing sounds?

The most recent update I don't have the issue anymore

Just now, Swordfish said:

I noticed this pixel 2 has a different sim card than the pixel 1. Is the reception better with the pixel 2 or is there some better improvement for the 2 vs the 1 with this different sim card?

i m getting my pixel 2 xl later tomorrow...well it has the snap dragon 835 so depending on the carrier support it can do 4 carrier aggregation

1 minute ago, Swordfish said:

The most recent update I don't have the issue anymore

i hope it fixes it or i will send it back the same day.

Just now, danlodish345 said:

i m getting my pixel 2 xl later tomorrow...well it has the snap dragon 835 so depending on the carrier support it can do 4 carrier aggregation

Just a heads up you need a new sim card. Check Reddit post. If you owned the pixel 1 you'll like this one. It is really smooth. It's a great phone and the camera is great

2 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Just a heads up you need a new sim card. Check Reddit post. If you owned the pixel 1 you'll like this one. It is really smooth. It's a great phone and the camera is great

so does it use the same sim size as the iphone 7 plus?

5 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Wrong thread.  Note the title.  Pixel 2.  HTC.  No XL.

AJ

1 minute ago, WiWavelength said:

Wrong thread.  Note the title.  Pixel 2.  HTC.  No XL.

AJ

Ok. My bàd