LG V30

Arysyn

21 hours ago, fcp_dp said:

I don't understand why they don't make the "wide" angle lens the default and the "regular" lens the "zoom" lens. You get the same lenses just defaulted wide and will please the people looking for a "zoom" lens and a wide lens.

I very much agree with this.

I don't remember the phone brand/model at the moment, but there was one in the past that used a wide-angle lens camera that also was capable of switching into regular mode without having a secondary camera. I'd think companies ought to be looking more into integrating this technology into one camera, then standardize it with their normal models, while for premium models they could add a secondary camera that does monochrome for helping with low-light imaging.

22 hours ago, fcp_dp said:

I don't understand why they don't make the "wide" angle lens the default and the "regular" lens the "zoom" lens. You get the same lenses just defaulted wide and will please the people looking for a "zoom" lens and a wide lens.

Because the wide angle lens has a fish-eye effect to it. I would not want all of my photos looking like that, and I know people like my mom wouldn't know to change to the other lens to get a normal looking photo.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Because the wide angle lens has a fish-eye effect to it. I would not want all of my photos looking like that, and I know people like my mom wouldn't know to change to the other lens to get a normal looking photo.

I agree, but granted, it seems to be less distorted than G6.

1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

I agree, but granted, it seems to be less distorted than G6.

I haven't seen wide-angle photos from a V30 yet. If it is quite a bit less distorted, then perhaps there is an argument to be made. But until there is no distortion, I would say it's best that the "normal" lens is default. 

21 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I haven't seen wide-angle photos from a V30 yet. If it is quite a bit less distorted, then perhaps there is an argument to be made. But until there is no distortion, I would say it's best that the "normal" lens is default. 

Comparsion between v20 and g6..

It's a marked improvement..

https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V30-wide-angle-camera-distortion-G6-V20-difference_id97672

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Comparsion between v20 and g6..

It's a marked improvement..

https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V30-wide-angle-camera-distortion-G6-V20-difference_id97672

Thanks for the link! It does look better, still wouldn't want it as my go-to camera... at least for now. 

For the life of me I can't figure out why LG waits so long to release and ship the V series phones from their introduction to the media/press!? Didn't they do the same thing last year?

I want to see some reviews and first hand accounts on the hardware and there's not to much out there unfortunately <_<

No pre order date. T-Mobile's is Oct 5 for reference.

I know they try to get more lines which cost more by doing the lease one get one free thing but why not do a half off for people who don't need an extra line but are due an upgrade?

Also on a side note, say I did need an extra line and did this, I have a couple of questions.  1.) Do you pay taxes on both devices upfront or just the one you are leasing? 2.) What happens at the end of the lease with the buyout option?  If you choose to buy out the phone you were paying for but you also wanted to keep the second phone?  It says the lease is free but what would you pay for the second phone?

21 minutes ago, iruntrains said:

I know they try to get more lines which cost more by doing the lease one get one free thing but why not do a half off for people who don't need an extra line but are due an upgrade?

Also on a side note, say I did need an extra line and did this, I have a couple of questions.  1.) Do you pay taxes on both devices upfront or just the one you are leasing? 2.) What happens at the end of the lease with the buyout option?  If you choose to buy out the phone you were paying for but you also wanted to keep the second phone?  It says the lease is free but what would you pay for the second phone?

No way they will do half off this phone (phone is over $900 retail) without some sort of clause, keep in mind that Sprint's version is the Plus model with 128GB of memory. 

On flex lease plan, you lease for first 18 months, (also have option to pay an additional $5 for 12 month early upgrade) then you can either pay the remaining balance of the finance price, or pay an additional 6 months and keep the device.

It really is best of both worlds.

*EDIT*

One other option is to wait on Best buy to start selling the device, they almost always have some sort of discount , plus they do the normal 24 month finance, and on top of that they're insurance is 2 bucks cheaper than Asurion every month, and includes Lost/Stolen plus you would not have to wait, walk into the store and  they will supply you with a brand new replacement on the spot.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

On flex lease plan, you lease for first 18 months, (also have option to pay an additional $5 for 12 month early upgrade) then you can either pay the remaining balance of the finance price, or pay an additional 6 months and keep the device.

But what about the one that was free?  Is there a price to keep it too at the end of the lease?

27 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

No way they will do half off this phone (phone is over $900 retail) without some sort of clause, keep in mind that Sprint's version is the Plus model with 128GB of memory. 

What's the difference between lease one get one free and half off on one phone?

5 minutes ago, iruntrains said:

But what about the one that was free?  Is there a price to keep it too at the end of the lease?

They probably cover 18 month's worth of payments, wouldn't make sense to give you one 100% free and not the other, so you'd be on the hook for 6 more months of payments if you decide to keep it. 

But you should probably confirm directly with Sprint to be on the safe side.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

They probably cover 18 month's worth of payments, wouldn't make sense to give you one 100% free and not the other, so you'd be on the hook for 6 more months of payments if you decide to keep it. 

But you should probably confirm directly with Sprint to be on the safe side.

i hope the battery life is better then my lg g6....i m not pleased with it at all.....

1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

i hope the battery life is better then my lg g6....i m not pleased with it at all.....

My hope is the improved screen helps dramatically with that.

Just now, dkyeager said:

yea i want a phone that doesnt suck in terms of screen on time...if they can dramatically improve it along with the V30 then that will be my next phone. the LG G6 has decent reception. i really wish the V30 can fix that issue.

On 9/30/2017 at 6:47 PM, danlodish345 said:

I haven't had any issues with battery life. Maybe it's an app you are using. I notice when I leave my radar app open, the constant GPS use sucks the battery pretty quickly. But in a normal day, I come home with >50% battery still remaining. I can typically go at least 36 hours between charges on moderate use. 

Just now, Dkoellerwx said:

I haven't had any issues with battery life. Maybe it's an app you are using. I notice when I leave my radar app open, the constant GPS use sucks the battery pretty quickly. But in a normal day, I come home with >50% batter still remaining. I can typically go at least 36 hours between charges on moderate use. 

i do some social networking and some video chatting..and i do use youtube to video stream but when i do that it is hooked up the charger..i can usually got about 6 hours before needing a total recharge.

On 9/30/2017 at 8:31 PM, dkyeager said:

also i am hoping that the V30 Has a more consistent CPU in terms of performance..my LG G6 had great cameras but i was very dissatisfied with the ability of the phone to keep cool...

3 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

i do some social networking and some video chatting..and i do use youtube to video stream but when i do that it is hooked up the charger..i can usually got about 6 hours before needing a total recharge.

Then you have a bad app, or are doing something very wrong. Even on a heavy use day, I can get through the entire day without needing to plug in. If you are watching videos all day or have the screen on all day, then yeah the battery won't last all that long, but that will be a problem on any device smaller than a tablet. 

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Then you have a bad app, or are doing something very wrong. Even on a heavy use day, I can get through the entire day without needing to plug in. If you are watching videos all day or have the screen on all day, then yeah the battery won't last all that long, but that will be a problem on any device smaller than a tablet. 

I have performed Factory resets it didn't help too much but I'm switching to an iPhone 7 plus anyways. But I will admit though the LG G6 the cameras are pretty good and I can definitely say the screen is pretty good though despite the battery consumption even putting the phone up to Max brightness did make it overheat a little bit. But other than that though the phone was pretty decent.

Just now, danlodish345 said:

I have performed Factory resets it didn't help too much but I'm switching to an iPhone 7 plus anyways. But I will admit though the LG G6 the cameras are pretty good and I can definitely say the screen is pretty good though despite the battery consumption even putting the phone up to Max brightness did make it overheat a little bit. But other than that though the phone was pretty decent.

Do you leave it at max brightness all the time? That would contribute to your issue. Auto brightness should work fine.