LG V30

Arysyn

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Do you leave it at max brightness all the time? That would contribute to your issue. Auto brightness should work fine. 

No I usually leave at like 30 or 40% brightness 99% of the time so that's not a big battery drain there. I tried to use power saving mode and it does help a little bit. I'm going to do a warranty exchange. and if you don't mind me asking what phone do you use at the moment?

1 minute ago, danlodish345 said:

No I usually leave at like 30 or 40% brightness 99% of the time so that's not a big battery drain there. I tried to use power saving mode and it does help a little bit. I'm going to do a warranty exchange. and if you don't mind me asking what phone do you use at the moment?

The LG G6, hence the reason I replied to your post initially.

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

The LG G6, hence the reason I replied to your post initially.

Okay and what is your opinion on the cameras of the LG G6? I find the low light photography on to be acceptable. The zoom on it though is actually pretty good and having that extra lens to use on the camera module actually gives it much extra utility that I like. For me having a dual camera on a phone is a deal-breaker if it doesn't have it.

31 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Okay and what is your opinion on the cameras of the LG G6? I find the low light photography on to be acceptable. The zoom on it though is actually pretty good and having that extra lens to use on the camera module actually gives it much extra utility that I like. For me having a dual camera on a phone is a deal-breaker if it doesn't have it.

I don't take that many pictures or videos. The ones I do turn out well enough for me. Mostly sky or landscape photos. Taking a picture of the St. Louis Arch from the base with the wide angle lens turned out decent, a little distorted but well enough.

3 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I don' take that many pictures or videos. The ones I do turn out well enough for me. Mostly sky or landscape photos. Taking a picture of the St. Louis Arch from the base with the wide angle lens turned out decent, a little distorted but well enough.

Yes I do agree with you on that one. Even with decent light the standard lens does come a little bit noisy when you take a picture zoomed in. But when you have good light the wide-angle lens does an excellent job and I don't notice much distortment with the photo.

Does anyone have news when the LG will be able to be ordered on the Website? I was hoping they would have a preorder before the 13th. Has anyone heard if it will support WiFi calling or Calling Plus?

Well guys - I have the LG V30 in hand (but for Verizon - I switched back yesterday).  Let me know if any of you have any questions.  

First impressions are that this is REALLY nice.  Torn on whether or not to even keep my Pixel 2 XL pre-order.  Might end up keeping this.  I only tried it because Verizon was offering no restocking fee for online orders, and I love the look of this compared to the Pixel 2 XL.  I thought the urge for pure Android would win over and I would end up keeping my Pixel pre-order, but now I am not so sure.

RF (yes for Verizon, and obviously band and provider dependent) has been pretty good.  B13 and B2 have been great on this phone (definitely better than my old iPhone and Nexus) - AWS has been pretty average.

Battery life has been awesome (very limited, yes I know).  Used it all day yesterday from 11AM on with only the 50% that came on the phone when I opened it (and that included all of the installing/setting up apps).  Today on my first full charge, I am going on 4 hours off the charger with about 2 hours of screen on time and still rocking 81% (about 35 minutes of which was SignalCheck and Pandora running on my commute).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, uecker87 said:

Well guys - I have the LG V30 in hand (but for Verizon - I switched back yesterday).  Let me know if any of you have any questions.  

First impressions are that this is REALLY nice.  Torn on whether or not to even keep my Pixel 2 XL pre-order.  Might end up keeping this.  I only tried it because Verizon was offering no restocking fee for online orders, and I love the look of this compared to the Pixel 2 XL.  I thought the urge for pure Android would win over and I would end up keeping my Pixel pre-order, but now I am not so sure.

RF (yes for Verizon, and obviously band and provider dependent) has been pretty good.  B13 and B2 have been great on this phone (definitely better than my old iPhone and Nexus) - AWS has been pretty average.

Battery life has been awesome (very limited, yes I know).  Used it all day yesterday from 11AM on with only the 50% that came on the phone when I opened it (and that included all of the installing/setting up apps).  Today on my first full charge, I am going on 4 hours off the charger with about 2 hours of screen on time and still rocking 81% (about 35 minutes of which was SignalCheck and Pandora running on my commute).

The RF in the Pixel 2 XL is really a turn off. The V30 is capable of 4X CA and the Pixel is not.  

3 hours ago, rocketr said:

The RF in the Pixel 2 XL is really a turn off. The V30 is capable of 4X CA and the Pixel is not.  

thats lame! thats why i didnt get the Pixel 2 ...... thats why i am going the the V30....

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 5:21 PM, rocketr said:

Oh I hadn't heard about that.  Wow that can easily be a deal breaker. I clearly need to do more detailed research on the Pixel 2XL before I commit to buying it.

The Pixel 2 XL is capable of 3X CA and I've reached LTE speeds of 112mpbs on a 3X CA phone. It would be great to have 4X but those sweet Pixel dual front facing speakers and significantly larger battery have me on the fence. I'm leaning towards the Pixel. 

On 10/6/2017 at 11:56 AM, uecker87 said:

How is screen brightness outside?

Does SCP report earfcns?

Great to hear about battery life.

I assume this a a totally separate model for Verizon rather than a phone that is finally defined at start by the first sim like the Note 7, correct?

Thanks

On 10/6/2017 at 4:21 PM, rocketr said:

On 10/6/2017 at 7:07 PM, danlodish345 said:

thats lame! thats why i didnt get the Pixel 2 ...... thats why i am going the the V30....

On 10/7/2017 at 5:44 PM, JonnygATL said:

Oh I hadn't heard about that.  Wow that can easily be a deal breaker. I clearly need to do more detailed research on the Pixel 2XL before I commit to buying it.

Bemoaning that 3x CA is not 4x CA is like complaining that your 12 inch penis is not a 16 inch penis.

Nobody needs 4x CA.  Your e-penis already is big enough.

AJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WiWavelength said:

Bemoaning that 3x CA is not 4x CA is like complaining that your 12 inch penis is not a 16 inch penis.

Nobody needs 4x CA.  Your e-penis already is big enough.

AJ

Amusing ...but misguided.  I was referring to the RF capabilities.  

39 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

Amusing ...but misguided.  I was referring to the RF capabilities.  

Well, carrier aggregation falls squarely under the umbrella of "RF capabilities."

Maybe you are referring to other aspects of RF performance.  But no one, to my knowledge, has written up any RF analysis.  Rather, just someone in the peanut gallery says that the "RF in the Pixel 2 XL is really a turn off," and several of you blindly nod in accordance.

AJ

39 minutes ago, WiWavelength said:

Well, carrier aggregation falls squarely under the umbrella of "RF capabilities."

Maybe you are referring to other aspects of RF performance.  But no one, to my knowledge, has written up any RF analysis.  Rather, just someone in the peanut gallery says that the "RF in the Pixel 2 XL is really a turn off," and several of you blindly nod in accordance.

AJ

Right. What someone else said and something I have yet to look more into, as I previously indicated.  Once I have time to hear more firsthand reports I'll be able to make a better informed decision which,  as I understand it, is one of the benefits of this forum.  Pure Google and timely updates are hugely important to me but not so much if I can't latch onto a band 41 signal (for example) as well as my pre-existing device (in this case a galaxy S7 Edge) . These considerations are more than worthy of attention. 

I wouldn't call anything I said even coming remotely close to '"nodding in accordance" but you clearly have your perceptions and I definitely have mine. I have no intention of implying they should necessarily be congruous.

11 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

Right. What someone else said and something I have yet to look more into, as I previously indicated.  Once I have time to hear more firsthand reports I'll be able to make a better informed decision which,  as I understand it, is one of the benefits of this forum.  Pure Google and timely updates are hugely important to me but not so much if I can't latch onto a band 41 signal (for example) as well as my pre-existing device (in this case a galaxy S7 Edge) . These considerations are more than worthy of attention. 

I wouldn't call anything I said even coming remotely close to '"nodding in accordance" but you clearly have your perceptions and I definitely have mine. I have no intention of implying they should necessarily be congruous.

Yeah I preferred to have the most up-to-date network hardware on the phone. so it is future proof..I hate having a phone that has lousy reception or an out dated lte modem.

7 hours ago, WiWavelength said:

AJ

Well the Pixel 2 XL supports 3xCA and 10 Stream MIMO based on my research... 4 stream CA1 4 Steam CA2 and 2 Stream CA3. In an age of gigabit LTE I find this to be a turnoff. The phone (Pixel) "could" still achieve gigabit LTE based on its MIMO stream abilities but a 4xCA phone if the carrier supports it would have a much easier time of getting there. LG is making the Pixel 2 XL. I don't understand why it wouldn't have similar RF capabilities as the LG V30...

14 hours ago, dkyeager said:

How is screen brightness outside?

Does SCP report earfcns?

Great to hear about battery life.

I assume this a a totally separate model for Verizon rather than a phone that is finally defined at start by the first sim like the Note 7, correct?

Thanks

No complaints on screen brightness outside yet. Definitely usable out there. I haven't been in direct sunlight a ton though yet. We have had a lot of clouds and rain recently. 

SCP does show earfcns. 

It is a Verizon model but there have been reports of some running AT&T or T-Mobile on it since all Verizon phones come unlocked. Might be missing some LTE bands though. 

• Like 1

Watched a few hands on videos with the device today and am impressed by not just its appearance but with its camera software and audio centric focus as well. Then there's that headphone jack which, for my needs, is still a better fit.  If Google Play Edition models were still made then this would be the dream device I never owned!

26 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

Watched a few hands on videos with the device today and am impressed by not just its appearance but with its camera software and audio centric focus as well. Then there's that headphone jack which, for my needs, is still a better fit.  If Google Play Edition models were still made then this would be the dream device I never owned!

Seems that now even LG Is doing away with some of the things everyone liked

Anyone buying the v30+ tomorrow on sprint? If we go to another carrier (after paying off the phone in full), are there different versions of the phone to use on other US domestic carriers?

I'm picking it up first thing....

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk