Coverage Map Update 10/15/17

Sprint's extended LTE in Northern WI and the UP looks closer to AT&T's LTE coverage than it does Cellcom's.

If that is true, expect AT&T LTE limited to 3g speeds. Cellcomm or Verizon would still be used for phone calls.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, spike331 said:

Sprint's extended LTE in Northern WI and the UP looks closer to AT&T's LTE coverage than it does Cellcom's.

Same thoughts here. Looks very similar to AT&T's LTE reach (in my experience)

Def would of been nice to have had Extended LTE when I went to go see family and friends in Maine back at the end of June. Was all roaming LTE and hit my cap of 300mb quick when outside of my coverage area in Maine. At least this is a step in the right direction.

• Like 3

According to Günther’s Post, more enhancements could come as soon as November.

Wonder what they have in store for us.

Exciting times ahead for Sprint’s Coverage Map!

I’m glad this important section of the Sprint website is finally getting some major attention.

• Like 6

Pikeville, KY is showing LTE on the Sprint map update, been there twice since the change and still 3G only.  Guess they're running behind a little.  (KX05HO025)  
It has been formally accepted complete. It is also going to show up in our next update map. Not sure why it's not live.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just got back from a 5 day trip to Lexington, KY (we are about to move back there after 12 years) and was pleasantly surprised by the proliferarion of mini macs. Speeds were not super fast but way better than it would've been without that deployment.  And band 25 CA is on every tower I connected to in the metro area (in cases where band 41 was absent).

• Like 3

9 hours ago, S4GRU said:

It has been formally accepted complete. It is also going to show up in our next update map. Not sure why it's not live.

Any idea when that next update is?

On 10/22/2017 at 9:37 PM, fizzicsguy said:

"even more enhancements coming soon"  -

He is of course referring to the entire T-Mobile coverage map becoming Extended LTE Sprint service

:rofl:

If what I've seen over on reddit is correct, that's not what the change is. They're going to be dropping the current map in favor of one that is like U.S. Cellular's.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

If what I've seen over on reddit is correct, that's not what the change is. They're going to be dropping the current map in favor of one that is like U.S. Cellular's.

^ GMAPS

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lilotimz said:

^ GMAPS

I hope Sprint switches to Google Maps too.

I was looking at some support articles on the website this morning and it looks like Sprint has added the ability for users to submit network issue reports through the website. Under the Support Tab there’s a link which says “Report a Network Issue”.

Looks like Google Maps is used for this feature. Perhaps it will also come to the actual Coverage Map as you said.

• Like 1

I'm incredibly pleased about US Cellular no longer counting as roaming, assuming that's true.

Can anyone confirm if that is in fact true? That would be significant news for those of us who travel in northern New England where Sprint has hardly any native coverage..

-Mike

40 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Can anyone confirm if that is in fact true? That would be significant news for those of us who travel in northern New England where Sprint has hardly any native coverage..

-Mike

Yep. It’s true. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 2:13 PM, red_dog007 said:

They are late... :(

They have been doing pretty good on monthly updates recently.  Hope it continues.

The new map looks and works so much better than the old one.

Hopefully these major updates are still in the works.

i was told they put off the November update  "because of the Thanksgiving holiday and the associated freezes put in place to minimize impacts, we won't be doing the next coverage map update until early December."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

i was told they put off the November update  "because of the Thanksgiving holiday and the associated freezes put in place to minimize impacts, we won't be doing the next coverage map update until early December."

I’m happy they’re not rushing it through just to say they did it. Something this important needs to be verified and Q/C’d properly.

• 4 months later...
On 10/24/2017 at 10:03 AM, S4GRU said:

Sprint's coverage map now has KX05HO025 (Pikeville, KY) as 3G only now.  I never picked an LTE signal from any band on that tower. 

21 hours ago, fizzicsguy said:

Sprint's coverage map now has KX05HO025 (Pikeville, KY) as 3G only now.  I never picked an LTE signal from any band on that tower. 

Thanks for the update.