danlodish345

XFinity Mobile

On 10/8/2017 at 6:05 PM, avb said:

I agree - for a single line it' a great deal. 

It’s a fantastic deal. But for a multi person plan I would not recommend Xfinity mobile.

On 10/8/2017 at 5:00 PM, avb said:

Does using data while on xfinity wifi hotspots count against data?  Because that's free data usage if you're on another carrier but have xfinity for home broadband.

I also found out that there is no speed or data cap on the WiFi hotspot on the phone

On 10/8/2017 at 6:02 PM, Jones said:

I read that BYOD would start end of 2017 as well as Wi-Fi calling. I'm thinking I'm going to switch (to avoid being forced onto T-mobile) and try to bring my Sprint phone.

I get speeds in excess of 80 MB a second before I get throttled to 1.5 MB a second

On 10/6/2017 at 4:26 AM, Thomas L. said:

Can you activate it on any Verizon phone?

hey by the way to answer your question.. i just popped my xfinity mobile sim chip into my verizon htc M9 and it actually works! i can make phone calls and everything!

I wonder if Comcast is going to offload data onto its WiFi network and then stand and pole mounted small cells to where they only use Verizon for roaming outside their own network. Charter will definitely follow that model.

I wonder if Comcast is going to offload data onto its WiFi network and then stand and pole mounted small cells to where they only use Verizon for roaming outside their own network. Charter will definitely follow that model.

They use Verizon wireless as the cell phone provider for the network side and they use their own hotspot on their cable modems for access when you’re stationary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

They use Verizon wireless as the cell phone provider for the network side and they use their own hotspot on their cable modems for access when you’re stationary.

What about outside? Comcast has a pretty extensive outdoor WiFi network. When you go inside does it automatically switch the data connection to your cable/WiFi modem?

Edited by bigsnake49

If you leave the Wi-Fi turned on your phone should automatically connect to a Xfinity hotspot. I just shut my Wi-Fi off when I leave and when I come back home i turn it back on And it automatically connects to an Xfinity hotspot. The phones should automatically do it. And data speeds are very respectable too. 0b54099eefd0a03d490af26a6239335c.png

4 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

If you leave the Wi-Fi turned on your phone should automatically connect to a Xfinity hotspot. I just shut my Wi-Fi off when I leave and when I come back home i turn it back on And it automatically connects to an Xfinity hotspot. The phones should automatically do it. And data speeds are very respectable too. 0b54099eefd0a03d490af26a6239335c.png

I would think that it should automatically go on WiFi.

Edited by bigsnake49

I would think that it should automatically turn go on WiFi.

Actually have to keep the Wi-Fi turned on. But if you come within range of an Xfinity hotspot you should automatically connect to it.

Any word on XM carrying LG V30?

21 hours ago, twitch said:

Any word on XM carrying LG V30?

Not yet...no word yet..